Windows 10: [SOLVED] Multiple random BSODs, all pointing to the kernel

Discus and support [SOLVED] Multiple random BSODs, all pointing to the kernel in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm at the end of my rope TenForums. I have been dealing with random BSODs for a while now and I just don't know what to do. Please help me, I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by herrshaun, Jan 6, 2016.

1. herrshaun Win User

[SOLVED] Multiple random BSODs, all pointing to the kernel

I'm at the end of my rope TenForums. I have been dealing with random BSODs for a while now and I just don't know what to do. Please help me, I am desperate. Logs are attached.

PS If you guys can't help me, can you at least tell me how you analyze these files? WhoCrashed and BSV never flag any drivers, it's only ever the kernel.

:)

herrshaun, Jan 6, 2016
  2. ZelixOG Win User

IRQL BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Hey all. I'm just gonna keep this quick and to the point. I keep getting kernel related BSODS. The most recent one was an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Other times I get Kernel security check failure. I just really would like to solve this problem once and for
    all.
    Here
    is the link to the latest mini dump from the crash.

ZelixOG, Jan 6, 2016
  3. JSutXH Win User
    Windows 10 kernel security check failure after upgrade

I'm constantly getting kernel security check failure at random times and I cant figure out why. Even after a fresh install of the anniversary update I still get bsod.

JSutXH, Jan 6, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Update following drivers
    Driver Reference Table - asmtxhci.sys
    Driver Reference Table - asmthub3.sys

Please uninstall everything of AMD using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from AMD. Be sure to ONLY install the display drivers using custom/advanced options.
    Attachment 57572

[SOLVED] Multiple random BSODs, all pointing to the kernel [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Some windows drivers are blamed in a few crashes, but that usually means that a 3rd party driver is actually the cause.
    Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

axe0, Jan 7, 2016
  5. herrshaun Win User
    Thank you for responding! I tried looking for usb 3.0 drivers but they only seem to have support for up to Windows 8.1. Should I install those drivers?

herrshaun, Jan 7, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Depends on their date, what are the dates of the drivers?

axe0, Jan 7, 2016
  7. herrshaun Win User
    Hi, thanks for responding again!

The date on the 8.1 drivers are 2013/12/17. I tried installing them but my device manager did not change, and doesn't seem to show anything about USB 3.0. Here is a picture of it:

Do I need to do something different?

(Also I did the second step with DDU and installation of only the new driver)

herrshaun, Jan 7, 2016
  8. herrshaun Win User

No BSODs yet but I haven't been playing World of Warcraft which I suspect to be a possible cause.

Was the driver verifier step necessary or just a suggestion?

herrshaun, Jan 9, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    Necessary, the rest was to update old drivers and remove a driver.

axe0, Jan 9, 2016
  10. herrshaun Win User
    Have been testing Driver Verifier for about 20 hours total with no crashes. Am I not supposed to run it 48 hours straight, or in total?

Also after turning it on my PC doesn't seem to be running any slower than normal. I followed the tutorial linked in your post. I have seen other tutorials however that suggest checking off a lot more options. Is there a reason why this tutorial doesn't have me do that?

herrshaun, Jan 11, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    48h, your system will resume after a reboot or startup however it isn't recommended to shut your system down.

There are only 3 options to check and every driver except for Windows drivers.

A system that can't proper handle stressed drivers will eventually slow down in performance.

12. herrshaun Win User
    I can't have the computer on overnight because of noise and heat, is this going to be a problem? Generally when I run into blue screens without Driver Verifier, they happen between 6-10 hours of the computer being on after I've been doing a bunch of gaming.

If Driver Verifier doesn't end up working, here are some details I haven't mentioned:
    - I have noticed that the last few blue screens occurred when I had Skype running while gaming.
    - I uninstalled the most recent cumulative Windows update and have been getting errors when trying to reinstall it.
    - I have not installed chipset drivers yet because they seemed to cause problems when I installed before reformatting.
    - I tried to install Realtek sound drivers but those errored out every time too, and troubleshooting told me to look for a Device Manager entry that wasn't there.

herrshaun, Jan 12, 2016
  13. axe0 New Member

It might give problems with booting sometimes if you shutdown.

Just do what you normally would do.

14. herrshaun Win User
    Okay, I finally got it to BSOD, while on Netflix and with Skype open. I had been playing several Steam and B.Net games prior to watching Netflix.

I don't know if there is a special dump location for driver verifier, but I have attached the latest dump that Windows generated normally. Please get back to me ASAP so we can solve this once and for all!

herrshaun, Jan 15, 2016
  15. axe0 New Member
    To note, with driver verifier it happens that sometimes no driver is being flagged, usually with a good reason which I'm trying to figure out.

The 0x1A looks to be either a memory or hard drive problem, but I think it is a little hard to believe because there are 6 days between the previous crash.
    What happened is that the memory management tried to transfer memory to the virtual memory (page file), this went wrong (pagefault).
    Memory management attempts to handle the pagefault.
    The memory where the pagefault occured on is filled with zeros.
    There is an attempt to use the zeroed memory what causes the bluescreen.
    Code: 1: kd> k Child-SP RetAddr Call Site ffffd000`300ac7a8 fffff800`1dff8d6a nt!KeBugCheckEx ffffd000`300ac7b0 fffff800`1dec4a68 nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x1e46a ffffd000`300ac810 fffff800`1dec2e32 nt!MiZeroFault+0xfd8 ffffd000`300ac990 fffff800`1dfd51bc nt!MmAccessFault+0x2e2 ffffd000`300acb00 00000000`61f94239 nt!KiPageFault+0x13c 00000000`0e0fee94 00000000`00000000 0x61f94239[/quote] Even though I find it a little hard to believe that either of the memory and hard drive are causing problems, I would still like to rule them out.
    Please run below tests.

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Run following tests
    • Short Drive Self Test
    • Short generic
    • Long generic
    If the short generic fails, no need for the long generic.

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    Let me know what the results are
    • of the error scan,
    • make a screenshot of the health of every hard drive and post the screenshots,
    • post screenshots with the benchmark of the
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

Thema:

1. [SOLVED] Multiple random BSODs, all pointing to the kernel - Similar Threads - SOLVED Multiple random

2. Multiple seemingly random BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple seemingly random BSODs: I went to my friends house for 3 days and left the computer on during that time. When I returned I noticed that I receive multiple BSODs for seemingly no reason.I have tried some commands in cmd prompt like: "sfc /scannow" and "chkdsk" along with dism. I have also ran the...
  3. Multiple random BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple random BSOD: I get multiple BSOD daily. Or i can go days without getting one. It doesn't matter if my cpu or gpu is at 100% or at 10%, I still get BSOD. The majority are the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE I run the verify.exe from system32 and it would crash...
  4. Multiple random BSOD

Multiple random BSOD: I get multiple BSOD daily. Or i can go days without getting one. It doesn't matter if my cpu or gpu is at 100% or at 10%, I still get BSOD. The majority are the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, but I also get: KERNEL-AUTO-BOOST-LOCK-AQUISITION-WITH-RAISED-IRQL...
  5. Multiple random BSOD's

Multiple random BSOD's: Hello there! I'm new here and i was wondering if someone could help me solve these random bsod's i'm having. They happen at random times with no consistent pattern at all, i'm either surfing Chrome, playing games, or simply away from the computer. I've formatted my PC...
  6. Multiple random BSODs daily

Multiple random BSODs daily: Hi guys! It all started a couple of weeks ago when I had an automatic update. After the computer restarted, it froze for eternity until I have to end some windows program what was not responding (I forgot the name). After restarting the computer, the same windows program...
  7. [SOLVED] BSOD Kernel Related [MEMORY.DMP]

[SOLVED] BSOD Kernel Related [MEMORY.DMP]: I need some help analyzing my MEMORY.DMP for the cause of BSOD. NDIS.sys, and ntoskrnl.exe have both showed up in previous logs, as well as a Kernel Security Check Failure, and DPC watchdog violation. Attached are the most recent dump logs I have. EDIT: The root problem...
  8. Random BSOD, Multiple Bugchecks

Random BSOD, Multiple Bugchecks: I have been having problems with BSOD for about 8 months now. I thought I had fixed the problem by completely wiping everything and starting anew. Though recently the problem has resurfaced. At first I thought it was my RAM going bad and I have had a few sticks go bad. So I...
  9. Random multiple BSOD

Random multiple BSOD: Hello, I have built a gaming PC last year and since day one I've been getting BSOD with typically this kind of messages: irql not less or equal page fault in nonpaged area. At that time, I think I handled that by disabling the automated page file. But since two days I...
  10. Multiple Random BSOD

Multiple Random BSOD: Timing seems odd. Only happens when not actively using hardware. For example will reboot when watching video or reading. Won't reboot while typing or navigating with mouse. Never had a BSOD until upgrading to 10. Attachment 23132 7709