Windows 10: [SOLVED] Name, Size, Date, Dimensions, Type. Can I?

Discus and support [SOLVED] Name, Size, Date, Dimensions, Type. Can I? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want all my folders to ever always open up exactly thus. I am tired of random possibilities. How do I lock EVERY folder on my Desktop PC in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jem, Sep 17, 2016.

1. JEM
    Jem Win User

[SOLVED] Name, Size, Date, Dimensions, Type. Can I?

I want all my folders to ever always open up exactly thus. I am tired of random possibilities. How do I lock EVERY folder on my Desktop PC in Windows 10 to always open up in Details View > Name Size Date Dimensions Type > Previews Pane. At the very least I never want to see that useless "Tags" ever ever ever again.

Pic Link

[SOLVED] Name, Size, Date, Dimensions, Type.  Can I? [​IMG]

PS: I don't know if it matters but all my folders will have pictures and text documents both. No folder is just a pic only or text only.

:)

2. Andy7S Win User

Windows 10 Photo app File Information tab

The File Information just displays basic information such as name, date, size, dimensions, etc.

Could it also display the 'description' property fields such as title, subject, comments and tags?

Andy7S, Sep 17, 2016
  3. Webdzinz Win User
    file explorer settings issue Windows 10.

Good morning

My problem is that, in File Explorer - Details View, there are columns for Name, Date, Type & Size.

I wish to set another column as the default view for all folders but have been unable to find out how to do so in this version.

The column that I want to show is "Dimensions" which I can select on demand but I really need this to be set as default for all folders.

Hope that you can help.

Thanks

Barry

Webdzinz, Sep 17, 2016
  4. Fafhrd Win User

Click on Options on the ribbon to the right as in your screenshot, and select change folder options to bring up the Options dialog, select the view tab then apply to folders then click OK

That's it.

Fafhrd, Sep 17, 2016
  5. AndreTen Win User
    AndreTen, Sep 17, 2016
  6. mrgeek Win User
    "PS: I don't know if it matters but all my folders will have pictures and text documents both. No folder is just a pic only or text only."

The reason your preferences don't stick is that the default folder view is different for each type of folder, ie; Documents, Music, Pictures, etc. Select a folder under This PC. Once you've got the Details headers that you want, r-click/'Customize this folder'/Optimize this folder for'; select, say General items, since you want the same for all folders (don't forget to check 'apply to subfolders, if you want). Follow the screenshots here and AFTER you click Apply then OK, go to the Folder View settings suggestion shown in post 2 and your setting will stick. Repeat for all primary folders listed under This PC and you'll be good to go (will not apply to Desktop though). You can customize every type, ie; I have almost the same as yours for Pictures but for my Videos folder I have Length added and for Music, the Artist and Track #, for instance. Good Luck

mrgeek, Sep 17, 2016
  7. AndreTen Win User
    Mrgeek, this is done in tutorial by Brink via .bat file. Choose folder type you want for all, set desired view and apply to all folder...

Link is in the post above.

AndreTen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. [SOLVED] Name, Size, Date, Dimensions, Type. Can I? - Similar Threads - SOLVED Name Size

2. There is file in C:/ named with dates, and that file type name is file. what is that?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is file in C:/ named with dates, and that file type name is file. what is that?: Explain in tiltlehere is the content of one file: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-file-in-c-named-with-dates-and-that-file/2f2a95e7-0a68-4725-aa62-2805d83e5cb7
  3. Why can I group images by dimensions but not sort by dimensions?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can I group images by dimensions but not sort by dimensions?: Why can I group images by dimensions but not sort by dimensions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-can-i-group-images-by-dimensions-but-not-sort/af2c28d7-442b-4846-96f4-dd77cf83a77b
  4. Why can I group images by dimensions but not sort by dimensions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I group images by dimensions but not sort by dimensions?: Why can I group images by dimensions but not sort by dimensions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-can-i-group-images-by-dimensions-but-not-sort/af2c28d7-442b-4846-96f4-dd77cf83a77b
  5. Why can I group images by dimensions but not sort by dimensions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. There is file in C:/ named with dates, and that file type name is file. what is that?

There is file in C:/ named with dates, and that file type name is file. what is that?: explain in detail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-file-in-c-named-with-dates-and-that-file/08fa892c-19b1-456e-bcdb-5a2efbf00078
  7. Setting default folder views with details/name/size/date/type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting default folder views with details/name/size/date/type: Hi all,I would like to view ALL the folders I open with details AND columns set in this sequence: name-size-date-typeI never succeed in having this: I have made view/options/view/apply to folders but the question is Do you want all folders OF THIS TYPE to match etc...In...
  8. Setting default folder views with details/name/size/date/type

Setting default folder views with details/name/size/date/type: Hi all,I would like to view ALL the folders I open with details AND columns set in this sequence: name-size-date-typeI never succeed in having this: I have made view/options/view/apply to folders but the question is Do you want all folders OF THIS TYPE to match etc...In...
  9. Setting default folder views with details/name/size/date/type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Is there a way to see image dimensions or resolution along with size and date and other...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to see image dimensions or resolution along with size and date and other...: Like the title says.. submitted by /u/Hacker_2612 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/n0esb9/is_there_a_way_to_see_image_dimensions_or/