Windows 10: Some Apps in Cortana cannot be deleted: Redstone One Clean install

Discus and support Some Apps in Cortana cannot be deleted: Redstone One Clean install in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; 14393.0/1607 I'm not able to delete Bing and some other apps using the dedicated command lines in Powershell and/or Powershell_ISE. Can someone help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MikeMecanic, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Some Apps in Cortana cannot be deleted: Redstone One Clean install

14393.0/1607
    I'm not able to delete Bing and some other apps using the dedicated command lines in Powershell and/or Powershell_ISE. Can someone help?

I saw here that I'm not the only one experiencing this issue (did not try that link):
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

For the rest, interesting new features in the settings menu. The installer asks to confirmed the Home or the Pro version and sees that I run the Pro version. On post-installation, the Pro version has similar behavior of the Home version. The very last thing that a Pro version owner wants to deal with is the HOME version.

Got the ISO from Micrsoft there:
    Windows 10 ISO)

:)

MikeMecanic, Aug 25, 2016

2. hey cortana wont enable says cortana is disabled on Lumia 930 1607 update

Hi, just purchased a Lumi 930, 8.1 updated to win 10 with the Advisor. Installed the 1607 Redstone upgrade, but have found that Hey Cortana is wont enable as it says Cortana is disabled. Is there anyway round this, found on a reddit post that there is
    a possibility that the Cortana Toggle Switch has been removed and Hey Cortana actually uses that to tell if Cortana is turned on. Is there anyway to reset the handset back to a pre-redstone stable upgrade.

AlysonRichards, Aug 25, 2016
  3. Having problems with the Windows 10 Twitter app

Same kind of problem here. Twitter app crashes on startup since a recent update (of the app).

I've tried to revoke the access on Twitter account with no success. What I want to do is to "start from scratch" with the app, because I suspect there are some mysterious config problems. But I cannot make a "clean" install of Twitter. I'm almost sure there
    are some old twitter app settings used from cloud (Windows?) or PC that come interfere with the app.

Question is-> how can one make this clean install of Twitter app? How can one delete all the cached files that subsist in PC or cloud?

Thank's for your help.

Ah, for info, it's the only app that crashes on my PC/Windows. Other apps works.

Gwenddoleu, Aug 25, 2016
  4. Some Apps in Cortana cannot be deleted: Redstone One Clean install

When we carefully copy/paste a command line from WordPad (.rtf extension), a space or two are introduced after the last character that disable the delete process in powershell_ise. If we backspace beside last character, they all work.

There is no such mismatch in a Linux terminal

This intermittent bug has been there since build 10074 in Powershell ISE: Trials and errors. It took the introduction of Cortana in the Redstone_1 installer and 3 clean install to find this long lasting bug (Home or Pro version).

For Bing (finance,news,sports) and Windowsphone (not part of the installer).

MikeMecanic, Sep 11, 2016
  5. Just got connected to the Internet and Bing is not there anymore. We don't like the Start Menu at all, Seeking a way removing all apps list because there is no switch to do so.

Complete build sting:

14393.0.amd64fre.rs1_release.160715-1616 / Clean Install / Sept 7th
    14393.187.amd64fre.rs1_release_inmarket.160906-1818 / After first update/Sept. 17th

MikeMecanic, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Some Apps in Cortana cannot be deleted: Redstone One Clean install

1. Some Apps in Cortana cannot be deleted: Redstone One Clean install - Similar Threads - Apps Cortana cannot

2. Cannot install some apps from MS store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install some apps from MS store: Hello i cannot install some apps from MS storeApps that i can install are itunes, apple music, MS photos old, spotifyApps that i cannot install are MS teams, powertoys, VLCLog shows thisInformation when installation status changed id: XP8BT8DW290MPQ packageFamilyName:...
  3. Cannot install some apps from MS store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install some apps from MS store: Hello i cannot install some apps from MS storeApps that i can install are itunes, apple music, MS photos old, spotifyApps that i cannot install are MS teams, powertoys, VLCLog shows thisInformation when installation status changed id: XP8BT8DW290MPQ packageFamilyName:...
  4. to delete drive partitions for clean installation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    to delete drive partitions for clean installation?: In a previous post, I mentioned I was in a bitlocker loop because my C drive was encrypted and i did not back up password correctlyI was told to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 by a user here. I had watched some videos on that process. It seems that I have to delete all...
  5. to delete drive partitions for clean installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    to delete drive partitions for clean installation?: In a previous post, I mentioned I was in a bitlocker loop because my C drive was encrypted and i did not back up password correctlyI was told to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 by a user here. I had watched some videos on that process. It seems that I have to delete all...
  6. I was about to install Microsoft and perform a clean install. It cannot delete all partitions.

I was about to install Microsoft and perform a clean install. It cannot delete all partitions.: I was about to install windows, rather, perform a clean installation. On the other hand, when I was about to remove my two primary partitions and it prompts that "We couldn't delete the selected partition. [Error: 0x800701b1]". I aslo tried to other partitions and it always...
  7. Cannot install this one Store app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot install this one Store app: Hello everyone On my laptop I have a weird issue with the Microsoft Store since last week. I have already installed and removed Python 3.7 or 3.8 from the store before without any problem, but now all I can seem to get is this: Something unexpected happened Reporting this...
  8. Cortana cannot recognize iHeart Radio App as Installed

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cortana cannot recognize iHeart Radio App as Installed: If I ask Cortana to "Play Christmas Music', She thinks then replies that she can do that with iHeart I just need to install it. and it opens Edge to the Windows Store. I installed the PC app but now I get the same response as if nothing has changed. I'm running 1803 on an...
  9. Windows 10 Clean Install / Delete one-touch recovery system / Drivers

Windows 10 Clean Install / Delete one-touch recovery system / Drivers: I have a PB (Asus) EasyNote ENTF71BM with Celeron quad core N2930 processor, Intel HD Graphics, 4GB DDR3 L memory. I am British but living in Poland with very limited command of Polish language. I bought the PB in Poland with W8 pre-installed in Polish and everything appeared...
  10. Cannot delete some weird folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete some weird folder: hie i cannot delete a folder which is occupying around 300 gigs its named like "7b31b96adb099d631d03e9c5" if i tried to delete it i have to change the ownership but cannot do it it doesnt make me change the ownership please help 52466