Windows 10: Some one keeps changing my family settings on my account

Discus and support Some one keeps changing my family settings on my account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have been noticing what ever settings I have put in place for my sons screen time has been changing. I have scanned for everything to make sure I am... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Ashlockheart, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Some one keeps changing my family settings on my account

I have been noticing what ever settings I have put in place for my sons screen time has been changing. I have scanned for everything to make sure I am safe. I have reset my trusted devices as well so anyone would need my approval to sign in how ever my settings still keep changing. I don't understand how this is happening if I have reset everything and made sure there are no viruses or keyloggers. I also know updates would not cause this issue ether because updates would not keep changing the settings. Yes I have made sure everything is up to date with updates for windows. The settings still keep changing with windows fully updated. This is very unsettling. Do you guys even take security seriously any more?

:)

Ashlockheart, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Bypass Family Settings by conversion to Local Account

What you describe should be impossible. To test this I just now created a child account on my PC and signing in to it tried to change it to either an admin account or a local account. Could not do that.

The only way your son can change his account to a local account and "remove" it from Family, or create a new account is to have access to an admin account on that same PC (your account), or alternatively access to your admin MS account's Family settings online. For that he needs both your MS account username and password. It means that if you protect your own personal admin account (MS account) with a strong password and especially the Two-Step Verification, he has no way to access that account and he should not be able / is not able to change your Family settings or his account status.

3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Some one keeps changing my family settings on my account

How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Some one keeps changing my family settings on my account

1. Some one keeps changing my family settings on my account - Similar Threads - keeps changing family

2. Request to change my account password to the previous one, or change the user-set password...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Request to change my account password to the previous one, or change the user-set password...: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to express my sincere concern regarding the recent mandatory password change for my Microsoft account. For the past decade, I have used a seven-character password without any issues. However, during...
  3. Request to change my account password to the previous one, or change the user-set password...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Request to change my account password to the previous one, or change the user-set password...: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to express my sincere concern regarding the recent mandatory password change for my Microsoft account. For the past decade, I have used a seven-character password without any issues. However, during...
  4. Request to change my account password to the previous one, or change the user-set password...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 Updates keep changing my child's family account to "Administrator"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Updates keep changing my child's family account to "Administrator": My 16 y/o is using a desktop tower PC I built and upgraded to Windows 11 through the Insider program.It's been running updates a lot this week, and it seems every time my son's account has been elevated to "Administrator" on that machine, and as a result the family and screen...
  6. Windows 11 Updates keep changing my child's family account to "Administrator"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Updates keep changing my child's family account to "Administrator": My 16 y/o is using a desktop tower PC I built and upgraded to Windows 11 through the Insider program.It's been running updates a lot this week, and it seems every time my son's account has been elevated to "Administrator" on that machine, and as a result the family and screen...
  7. Changing the account I use to login to my Laptop and keeping settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing the account I use to login to my Laptop and keeping settings.: I want to change the Microsoft account I use to login to my laptop. From what I have read I need to change to local login, then change back to Microsoft account login and use the new account for that. The one bit of information I can not seem to find is does this keep all my...
  8. My Account keeps on reappearing after deleting user in Windows 10 family settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Account keeps on reappearing after deleting user in Windows 10 family settings.: My account isn't listed in family settings online but it keeps appearing here. I tried allowing the account to sign in then remove it from control panel using advanced system settings --> user profiles settings & using control panel --> remove user accounts. When I remove the...
  9. Outlook keeps changing Account Settings

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook keeps changing Account Settings: I have Office 365. Outlook has twice in the last couple months changed the Account settings and specifically the servers thus causing unknown messages to be hung up and repeatedly to try and send. Its changing on its own, not sure how that is happening. When I manually try...
  10. Change settings to only one account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change settings to only one account: Okay, after a bit of searching, I can't seem to find a solution to my problem. I have a computer that friends and family use, so we have separate accounts. I'm trying to use a piece of software called Voicemeeter Banana, a virtual audio cable, in which I use for my own...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone my family settings