Windows 10: Some question about Retail key

Discus and support Some question about Retail key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; 1. We buy a new computer. When turned on it, we found that the system was automatically activated. We don’t know why like that. Can we continue to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MandyHong, Mar 5, 2019.

1. MandyHong Win User

Some question about Retail key

1. We buy a new computer. When turned on it, we found that the system was automatically activated. We don’t know why like that. Can we continue to use it?

2. There are some OEM key sold on the internet. Before I heard that if purchasing the OEM system with the motherboard, it is allowed in USA. Is it correct?

3. We want to resell the computer. But we found that we can not uninstall Retail key. Even if reinstall the system, when we turn it on, the computer will still be activated with the same key. As well as the key can activate another PC.

:)

MandyHong, Mar 5, 2019
  2. DB5169 Win User

oem or retail key

I've bought what was said to be a retail windows10 pro 32/64 license key. Is there anyway to tell by the numbers or lettering if the key is truly a retail key. Is there something I can do to confirm the key is retail key without installing win10 ? sorry
    for the dumb question.

DB5169, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Sharief K Win User
    OEM key vs Retail key??

Hi,

I suggest you to refer to the link for information about OEM keys and retail keys.

2013 – TechNet UK Blog

Hope it helps. If you need further help, please do get back to us. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Simrick's idea to enter a Win10 Pro retail key worked

Thank you guys. Note added under step 5 below. Some question about Retail key :)

Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Brink, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Some question about Retail key - Similar Threads - question Retail key

2. question about keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    question about keys.: Normally I have the function keys f6,f7,f7 to control volume but for some reason now they simply don't work, I never used to need to hold down the fn key and when I do it still doesn't work. The keys themselves are still functional. It just seems as though they do different...
  3. question about keys.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    question about keys.: Normally I have the function keys f6,f7,f7 to control volume but for some reason now they simply don't work, I never used to need to hold down the fn key and when I do it still doesn't work. The keys themselves are still functional. It just seems as though they do different...
  4. Some questions about Windows Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Some questions about Windows Key: Hello, I bought a custom built PC on ebay about a year ago. There weren't any red flags until I received my PC and turned it on, to which I was welcomed with pirated Microsoft Word and the sorts. I did not like any of that and I took that as a warning so I reinstalled Windows...
  5. Some questions about Windows Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some questions about Windows Key: Hello, I bought a custom built PC on ebay about a year ago. There weren't any red flags until I received my PC and turned it on, to which I was welcomed with pirated Microsoft Word and the sorts. I did not like any of that and I took that as a warning so I reinstalled Windows...
  6. Some questions about Windows Key

7. Some questions about Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some questions about Windows: Okay, as the title shows, I have 2 problems that I don't know how to fix and I need everybody help.The first one is background slideshow problem. I'm using Windows 11, install all of cumulative updates. When I use background slideshow mode, it works well at Desktop 1 I have 2...
  8. Some questions about Windows

Some questions about Windows: Okay, as the title shows, I have 2 problems that I don't know how to fix and I need everybody help.The first one is background slideshow problem. I'm using Windows 11, install all of cumulative updates. When I use background slideshow mode, it works well at Desktop 1 I have 2...
  9. Some questions about BSoD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some questions about BSoD: Hello , I'm new here and i'm not sure if i sent this thread in right place .. I have Some question and cant find answer ,I would be grateful if anyone could help me to find answers . _________________________________________________ As i Have win7 i'm not sure i can ask about...
  10. some questions about 'about:config'

in Browsers and Email
    some questions about 'about:config': I would like to increase the width of the scrollbar in Palemoon from 2.5mm to 5mm. I seem to be missing the bar quite often when I try to click it. So annoying. I went into 'about:config' and discovered there were just over 60 lines with the word 'scroll' in each of them but...