Windows 10: Some users not getting OneDrive Files On-Demand in Fall Creator Update

Discus and support Some users not getting OneDrive Files On-Demand in Fall Creator Update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; According to this article, MS are claiming Files on Demand is being introduced in a staggered rollout. Frankly, (imo) this has a strong bodily... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cereberus, Oct 17, 2017.

1. cereberus Win User

Some users not getting OneDrive Files On-Demand in Fall Creator Update

According to this article, MS are claiming Files on Demand is being introduced in a staggered rollout.

Frankly, (imo) this has a strong bodily odour and they are not admitting they screwed up.

Some users not getting OneDrive Files On-Demand in the Fall Creators Update [Update] - Neowin

Update: A spokesman for Microsoft said that the File On-Demand feature of OneDrive is having a staggered rollout. "In order for Files On-Demand to be enabled, you need to be on Windows Fall Creators Update and OneDrive version 17.3.7064.1005 or later. The latest OneDrive build is rolling gradually over the next few weeks, but if you’re ready to start using Files On-Demand now you can find out how to download the latest build here.

:)

cereberus, Oct 17, 2017

2. Windows 10 Image Thumbnails Flash then Disappear in Explorer

same problem here. OneDrive "Files on demand" is not turned on. All drivers updated, and using fall creators update.

hope a solution arises soon...

Win 10 x64 Pro

Dell Precision m5510

alexander_shenkin, Oct 17, 2017
  3. Moving old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 10 PC, how to transfer settings, program and files?

Yup, onedrive is another way instead of a flash drive. If the client is setup (and with files on demand coming with the fall creators update) you don't even need to "migrate" your files, they are just there once you login!

MarkInKent, Oct 17, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 17, 2017
Thema:

1. Some users not getting OneDrive Files On-Demand in Fall Creator Update - Similar Threads - users getting OneDrive

2. Fall creators update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall creators update.: How do i stop or block this virus you call the fall creators update, 3 times this year it's uploaded itself onto my computer and every time i've had to revert to the previous build. Each time it installs itself i loose 3-4 hours of work time because i can't use my computer,...
  3. Sandboxie and Fall Creators Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sandboxie and Fall Creators Update: I don't know how many Sandboxie users we have here but there's got to be a few. If you are, and have upgraded W10 to FCU, you should install beta 5.21.6. It was released today. Sandboxie doesn't officially support FCU yet, but based on my personal case use, the beta is...
  4. Fall Creators and Files on Demand/working with 3rd party Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fall Creators and Files on Demand/working with 3rd party Antivirus: The Site for Files on Demand shows it may not working with some 3rd party antivirus, but wondering which ones, the folder size is the same as it was before I enabled Files on Demand, selected some to keep on Device, and some to save space on my Desktop here Using Currently...
  5. Fall Creators Update not enabling Onedrive on demand.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fall Creators Update not enabling Onedrive on demand.: That is what is going on. No option under Onedrive settings either. Henry 95685
  6. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: Has anyone installed it yet? If so did it break anything for you? Debating If I should update or not. 95662
  7. Fall Creator Update Query

Fall Creator Update Query: A couple of weeks ago I installed the Fall Creator Update.All installed well,but when I booted up all my Start Menu items were missing,also my about half my Desktop Icons had gone.so I reverted back to build 1703. have Microsoft sorted these things out,i am a bit unsure if I...
  8. fall creator update

fall creator update: Is there a general chart which might give info on when i would get fcu. I went from 7 to 10 just a couple weeks before free 10 stopped. 97324
  9. Fall Creators Update

Fall Creators Update: I just bit the bullet and went to Microsoft site and tried to install it. It hung up stuck on 24% and stayed there for an hour so I pulled the plug and it has gone back to the previous version. Now what? 99881
  10. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: I work for a company that has about 200 desktop and laptop running Windows 10 (most are HP's)on our own domain and after the fall creators update, we have experienced Unauthenticated network messages as well as download issues in all browsers (Edge, IE 11, Chrome, Firefox)....