Windows 10: Someone else is using my email address as an alias on their Microsoft account

Discus and support Someone else is using my email address as an alias on their Microsoft account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I first set up my Microsoft account, I used an email account I had from a paid service k****@j********.net. When Gmail launched, I set up a Gmail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KellyJSox, Mar 22, 2020.

1. KellyJSox Win User

Someone else is using my email address as an alias on their Microsoft account

When I first set up my Microsoft account, I used an email account I had from a paid service k****@j********.net. When Gmail launched, I set up a Gmail Account for backup use *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, but I never added it to my Microsoft account. A few years ago, I gave up the paid service along with the original email k****@j********.net and it no longer exists.

I'm just now getting around to updating my Microsoft account, and I tried to add my Gmail address k****@j********.net so I could remove the old, defunct email address. However, I'm getting an error message saying that another account is already using *** Email address is removed for privacy *** as an alias. I don't know when this happened, but I would like to get my Gmail address off that other person's Microsoft account.

I tried to access the Microsoft account using my Gmail address, but since all the identifying information on that account us different from mine, Microsoft's automated system won't let me in. And they won't send me a reset email.

How do I resolve this? It seems that there is no way to get in touch with a real person at Microsoft who might be able to fix this. There doesn't even seem to be a "Microsoft Account" category here under which I can ask this question, so I'm posting it under "Windows."

:)

KellyJSox, Mar 22, 2020

2. Microsoft account email alias problem

i changed the alias and removed the default one, so now i have only the new one in the list...the default one that was their is gone

i did not know that removing the default alias would mean i would lose my original email address, because now my original email adress isnt working.

and on top of that, my new alias or should i say new email address isint recieving emails... over 20 years of usuing the same email address and its gone because i thought a alias was just a display name.

Steven Campoli, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Someone else is using my email address as an alias on their Microsoft account

Microsoft account email alias problem

My default alias used to be my default email address.
    Now I changed the alias not knowing that I would not be able to revert back to my @HOTmail.com alias.... so now unless I send a email to the alias all mail becomes undelivered. How can I switch the alias back to my default email. When I try in account settings it says this email is reserved ...

Steven Campoli, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Someone else is using my email address as an alias on their Microsoft account

1. Someone else is using my email address as an alias on their Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Someone else using

2. Can someone open a Microsoft Account using my email address?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone open a Microsoft Account using my email address?: I am sure an email I received about suspicious activity log in related to a Microsoft Account using my email address was a potential fraud and I binned it straight away.But can someone open such an account?If so, is there a way to prevent it?Thanks...
  3. Can someone open a Microsoft Account using my email address?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone open a Microsoft Account using my email address?: I am sure an email I received about suspicious activity log in related to a Microsoft Account using my email address was a potential fraud and I binned it straight away.But can someone open such an account?If so, is there a way to prevent it?Thanks...
  4. Can someone open a Microsoft Account using my email address?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Someone Else Used My Email for Their Microsoft Account and It's Ruining My Life

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Someone Else Used My Email for Their Microsoft Account and It's Ruining My Life: Hi, I have a strange problem and it's really defeating my efforts to solve it. Today I got a new laptop and went to set it up. Without thinking about it I used my most commonly used email address, a Gmail account, when signing in. However I forgot that I set up my Microsoft...
  6. Someone Else Used My Email for Their Microsoft Account and It's Ruining My Life

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Someone Else Used My Email for Their Microsoft Account and It's Ruining My Life: Hi, I have a strange problem and it's really defeating my efforts to solve it. Today I got a new laptop and went to set it up. Without thinking about it I used my most commonly used email address, a Gmail account, when signing in. However I forgot that I set up my Microsoft...
  7. Someone Else Used My Email for Their Microsoft Account and It's Ruining My Life

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Email Alias address already in use

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Email Alias address already in use: My windows account shows my old email address which I would like to change. Seems like I have 2 accounts Passport & Email. How can I update my email address to show only one? Thank you...
  9. how to change my Microsoft account email address without using an alias

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to change my Microsoft account email address without using an alias: how to change my Microsoft account email address without using an alias https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-my-microsoft-account-email-address/b2375b27-d344-4043-8662-b577f96cffeb"
  10. Cannot Add Email Address as Microsoft Account Alias

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot Add Email Address as Microsoft Account Alias: I have been trying to add an email alias to my Microsoft account. Every time I try, I get an error message that says: "There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later." The screen capture is below. This is...