Windows 10: Space between Icons changed after using not compatible program

Discus and support Space between Icons changed after using not compatible program in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying to help someone that has the following problem: After using a program not compatible with Windows 10 (Windows 7 Folder Background Changer)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ricardobohner, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Space between Icons changed after using not compatible program

I'm trying to help someone that has the following problem:

After using a program not compatible with Windows 10 (Windows 7 Folder Background Changer) the space between icons changed. When I search google I only find stuff on how to change the spacing between icons for the desktop, but the problem is on all folders except Desktop and Downloads folder.
    Windows Version: Windows 10 64bits
    What has already been tried:

- Resizing icons with CTRL + Mouse Wheel
    - System Restore (No restore points before program installation)
    - Change Windows theme
    - Substitute HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics registry key by default settings from other computer
    - sfc /scannow
    - Change Windows Resolution

Space between Icons changed after using not compatible program [​IMG]

:)

ricardobohner, Mar 9, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

Naki, Mar 9, 2020
  3. Space between Icons changed after using not compatible program

I'm trying to help someone that has the following problem:

After using a program not compatible with Windows 10 (Windows 7 Folder Background Changer) the space between icons changed. When I search google I only find stuff on how to change the spacing between icons for the desktop, but the problem is on all folders except Desktop and Downloads folder.
    Windows Version: Windows 10 64bits
    What has already been tried:

- Resizing icons with CTRL + Mouse Wheel
    - System Restore (No restore points before program installation)
    - Change Windows theme
    - Substitute HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics registry key by default settings from other computer
    - sfc /scannow
    - Change Windows Resolution

ricardobohner, Mar 9, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

Space between Icons changed after using not compatible program

You can use WinAeroTweaker to change the icon spacing or use this Tutorial which is more difficult Change Desktop Icon Spacing in Windows 10

Steve C, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Space between Icons changed after using not compatible program - Similar Threads - Space between Icons

2. Space between screen and icons on the right side

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Space between screen and icons on the right side: I've been looking for quite some time, but I can't find anything. I would like to know why the space between the edge of the screen and the icons on the desktop is different on both sides, and how to keep one fixed. I am very picky about this kind of issues and I don't like...
  3. Space between screen and icons on the right side

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Space between screen and icons on the right side: I've been looking for quite some time, but I can't find anything. I would like to know why the space between the edge of the screen and the icons on the desktop is different on both sides, and how to keep one fixed. I am very picky about this kind of issues and I don't like...
  4. space between icons in file explorer and taskbar has been changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    space between icons in file explorer and taskbar has been changed: Hi, Suddently today, when I turn on the pc I noticed the vertical space between the rows in file explorer has been chanded by itself, occupying a vertical space greather than before. This means that I can't see the same number of files and become so annoying. As I see, this...
  5. Space between Icons changed after using not comaptible program

in Windows 10 Support
    Space between Icons changed after using not comaptible program: I'm trying to help someone that has the following problem: After using a program not compatible with Windows 10 (Windows 7 Folder Background Changer) the space between icons changed. When I search google I only find stuff on how to change the spacing between icons for the...
  6. Strange Spacing Between Taskbar Icons

Strange Spacing Between Taskbar Icons: I have recently been experiencing a bit of a problem on the taskbar on my computer. For some reason, when I open a program that isn't in the taskbar, there is a strange spacing between it and the taskbar icons, as if there's an invisible icon in between. Does anyone know how...
  7. Increase space between a set of taskbar icons?

Increase space between a set of taskbar icons?: Let's say I have 20 icons (small) equally spaced within the taskbar and that the last three on the right end all have to do with turning the computer on/off/sleep. I'd like to be able to put in a space or two that will separate these last three from the other 17 icons on the...
  8. change spacing between icons in Settings

change spacing between icons in Settings: Is there a way to change spacing between these? I takes up the whole screen on a small laptop. [img] 94687
  9. Invalid icon spacing after some use

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Invalid icon spacing after some use: Hello everyone, after upgrading to windows an some time after it, I've got a problem with icon spacing. It annoys me, and also looks not organized for me. Please help. Please ignnore on the before images the shimejis. 66673
  10. Large space between icons on bottom toolbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Large space between icons on bottom toolbar: Instead of the icons being right next to each other on my bottom toolbar, there is about a one inch gap between them; anyway to get them to be right next to each other, the way they always have been? thanks! 7019