Windows 10: Spacing between Windows 10 search and the edge of the screen

Discus and support Spacing between Windows 10 search and the edge of the screen in Cortana to solve the problem; I first noticed this when the recent problem with the search function & Bing earlier this month, and I was hoping it would be resolved by now.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by [_Brandon_], Feb 10, 2020.

1. Spacing between Windows 10 search and the edge of the screen

I first noticed this when the recent problem with the search function & Bing earlier this month, and I was hoping it would be resolved by now. Thankfully, my search function works as normal, however there is now an odd space between the search function and the edge of the screen. Quite frankly, it's very visually unappealing. I was wondering how I could fix it, so that there is no space between the search function and the edge of the screen.

Perhaps I'm just being stupid, and this is an error of my own doing.

Cheers.

Spacing between Windows 10 search and the edge of the screen 11f3a6d1-cec7-417d-bfce-840389805130?upload=true.png

:)

[_Brandon_], Feb 10, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Nielsc Win User
    Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

OK found the solution, a classic workaround:

Go to US Proxy List - Free Proxy List
    Pick a proxy with SSL
    Set it as proxy in Control Panel | Internet Options | Connections | LAN Settings
    Test it by going to google.com
    If you do NOT see a "Use Google.xxxx" (xxxx is a contry-specific TLD such as .co.th, .co.uk, etc) then you can go to next step
    If you DO see a "Use Google.xxxx" (xxxx is a contry-specific TLD such as .co.th, .co.uk, etc) then try another proxy

Next step:
    Now you can follow the standard switch of search engine as per here:
    Microsoft Edge Search Engine - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Basically unless Google sees you as being in the USA it will force the localized google search engine URL on you, like it or not.

Nielsc, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Spacing between Windows 10 search and the edge of the screen

changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Rico Novice, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Spacing between Windows 10 search and the edge of the screen

1. Spacing between Windows 10 search and the edge of the screen - Similar Threads - Spacing between search

2. Space between screen and icons on the right side

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Space between screen and icons on the right side: I've been looking for quite some time, but I can't find anything. I would like to know why the space between the edge of the screen and the icons on the desktop is different on both sides, and how to keep one fixed. I am very picky about this kind of issues and I don't like...
  3. Space between screen and icons on the right side

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Space between screen and icons on the right side: I've been looking for quite some time, but I can't find anything. I would like to know why the space between the edge of the screen and the icons on the desktop is different on both sides, and how to keep one fixed. I am very picky about this kind of issues and I don't like...
  4. Windows 11 taskbar: blank space between clock or desktop shortcut and taskbar edge.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar: blank space between clock or desktop shortcut and taskbar edge.: Hello, the title pretty much explains it self. I reinstalled a clean install of windows 11 today, and at start I came up with this huge gap that's driving me crazy, I'll post a picture. Anyone knows how to shrink this??...
  5. Windows 11 taskbar: blank space between clock or desktop shortcut and taskbar edge.

Windows 11 taskbar: blank space between clock or desktop shortcut and taskbar edge.: Hello, the title pretty much explains it self. I reinstalled a clean install of windows 11 today, and at start I came up with this huge gap that's driving me crazy, I'll post a picture. Anyone knows how to shrink this??...
  6. Windows 10 blank space on the bottom edge of the screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 blank space on the bottom edge of the screen: Hello guys, I am using the Windows 10 version below: "Edisyon Windows 10 Enterprise Sürüm 20H2 Yüklenme tarihi ‎21.‎09.‎2020 İS derlemesi 19042.630 Deneyim Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0" I have recently changed the drive in which my Windows was...
  7. Space in between task bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Space in between task bar: I turned on my computer to find a space around half of a app tall between my task bar and the rest on my apps anyone know a fix? submitted by /u/RJJJJJJJ710 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j9opoh/space_in_between_task_bar/
  8. Credge Spacing Between Extensions

Credge Spacing Between Extensions: I may be the only one that this bothers but does anyone know if it is possible to decrease the space between the Extension icons in Chromium Edge? I switched from Chrome and there they are nicely separated, in Credge there seems to be a lot of area between the extension...
  9. Windows 10 - edge and search issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - edge and search issues: I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas or has experienced this issue... My father has brought a brand new custom pc which came with windows 10 pre-installed. Everything was fine to begin with but somewhere along the process of installing his programs, edge and windows...
  10. Excel spaces between rows

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel spaces between rows: Hi,, I have a col that is the result of an if function. =IF(H105="a",B105,"") Which results in a col of names in col O if there is an "a" in col H. But if it is not an "a" it is a space, how can I do it so that all the spaces are removed and I end up with a col of names with...