Windows 10: Spotlight now broken on all PC's

Discus and support Spotlight now broken on all PC's in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Spotlight has just stopped working on all my PC's (1 desktop and two laptops). The three systems got upgraded from version 1809 about 4 weeks ago and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JorgenJ, Jul 7, 2019.

1. JorgenJ Win User

Spotlight now broken on all PC's

Spotlight has just stopped working on all my PC's (1 desktop and two laptops). The three systems got upgraded from version 1809 about 4 weeks ago and Spotlight worked fine before and after (the desktop PC is brand new and came with 1809 preinstalled). They are all currently running version 1903, build 18362.207 (one was running 1903, build 18362.175 when Spotlight broke). The Desktop PC is running Professional, the two laptops are running Home. They have very little software installed (and what is installed is different on the three).

Then, about one week ago Spotlight broke on all the three systems. About the same time +/- a couple of days).

On the desktop I now have the "blue lake, red backpack" image. The preview in Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen show this image.
    On the two laptops there is no image, just a solid blue background. The preview in Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen show a solid grey background.

What could be wrong here? I guess this must be due to a bug somewhere (maybe one of the (few) updates to 1903)?

:)

JorgenJ, Jul 7, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Windows Spotlight broken, not downloading images

Yes, that was part of the 'fix' and Brink's tutorial does that (and more).

On it's own, I've never found it to be sufficient to fix a badly broken Spotlight. Back in 1607 I seriously broke Spotlight by some injudicious manual changes (I was trying to 'un-like' an image that had got stuck there until I got sick of seeing it). An in-place repair install was the only fix for that *Sad

Bree, Jul 7, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jul 7, 2019
  4. evus Win User

Windows Spotlight broken, not downloading images

Hello guys, I tried to use Windows Spotlight as my lock screen default, but it seems that something is corrupted in my user profile.
    What I have done and discovered:

- I tried everything suggested on this forum, like this howto (Reset and Re-register Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials ), but with no luck.

- when I select Spotlight the preview screen stays grey and there's always a spinning wheel.

- my "AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\StagedAsse ts" directory contains only 0 kB files and the real images are not created into "AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets "

- Spotlight works if I create a new user, but not with the current one, these are the regedit keys, please note that everything remains blank when I select Spotlight.

Spotlight now broken on all PC's [​IMG]

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

evus, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Spotlight now broken on all PC's - Similar Threads - Spotlight broken PC's

2. Windows Spotlight not working at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight not working at all: I activate Windows Spotlight in the personalization settings, I change the settings page, come back to the lock screen settings, and nothing has changed, the lock screen type has came back to picture and if I turn Windows Spotlight on again, change settings page, close the...
  3. Windows Spotlight not working at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Spotlight not working at all: I activate Windows Spotlight in the personalization settings, I change the settings page, come back to the lock screen settings, and nothing has changed, the lock screen type has came back to picture and if I turn Windows Spotlight on again, change settings page, close the...
  4. Windows Spotlight Broken in Version 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Spotlight Broken in Version 2004: As the title says, Windows Spotlight hasn't changed images in about a week, and doesn't show any of the info icons that you can click on. I followed instructions online to reset it, like deleting settings.lok and roaming.lok files, and deleting all the files in the assets...
  5. Windows Spotlight broken

Windows Spotlight broken: [ATTACH] Since I updated to Windows 10.0.19041, Windows Spotlight stopped working, instead of a image it just shows a solid color (the other options such as Image still works)...
  6. Windows 10 spotlight is still broken and there is no fix

Windows 10 spotlight is still broken and there is no fix: Yes it sticks on one image, it does not change and it cannot be stopped. After reboot the stuck image always reappears regardless of user settings. There are more search results for this than I have time to look at but they all say the same things, the answers are always the...
  7. Windows Spotlight Broken by Jan2020 update. Broken yet again by MS.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight Broken by Jan2020 update. Broken yet again by MS.: Cumulative update Jan2020 for 1909 installed and now Windows Spotlight does not download pictures for lock screen. It just shows first picture from my pictures one with lake in mountains on all 5 of my PCs. Even if I do this:Go into the Settings App - Personalisation -...
  8. Spotlight now broken on all PC's

Spotlight now broken on all PC's: Spotlight has just stopped working on all my PC's (1 desktop and two laptops). The three systems got upgraded from version 1809 about 4 weeks ago and Spotlight worked fine before and after (the desktop PC is brand new and came with 1809 preinstalled). They are all currently...
  9. Spotlight is broken

Spotlight is broken: Hi there! Windows Spotlight seems to be broken in my system. I already tried the tutorial here to reset the feature (Reset and Re-register Windows Spotlight in Windows 10), but it doesn't work. Every time I choose "Windows Spotlight" as the lock screen, click the back arrow,...
  10. Windows Spotlight broken, not downloading images

Windows Spotlight broken, not downloading images: Hello guys, I tried to use Windows Spotlight as my lock screen default, but it seems that something is corrupted in my user profile. What I have done and discovered: - I tried everything suggested on this forum, like this howto (Reset and Re-register Windows Spotlight in...