Windows 10: spybot anti-beacon blocks W10 update?

Discus and support spybot anti-beacon blocks W10 update? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I decided to try "Spybot anti-beacon for Windows 10" http://www.thewindowsclub.com/spybot...for-windows-10 which apparently prevents telemetry from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Curious, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Curious Win User

spybot anti-beacon blocks W10 update?

I decided to try "Spybot anti-beacon for Windows 10"
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/spybot...for-windows-10
    which apparently prevents telemetry from Windows 10 and it seems to do just that.

But I think it may also prevent Windows 10 updates too. .......
    I downloaded the anniversary update and tried to install it. The install process did the tests, all of which passed but after downloading, the install failed repeatedly with error code 0x80070057. I "think" that might be because without telemetry Microsoft may not know if this is a valid installation. But that is a guess. Does anyone know?

:)

Curious, Aug 3, 2016

2. Killer Instinct ranked progression not being saved on Windows 10 Technical Preview 14316

SOLVED: I found the fix to this. You can still block everything in the privacy settings, but everyone having this issue is using Spybot Anti-Beacon. You can block everything except ONE specific thing called "Telemetry Services", after that youre good!

WickedSencho, Aug 3, 2016
  3. *Some settings are hidden or managed by your company

Install Spybot Anti-Beacon to KILL all telemetry from Microsoft.

ChristopherBean, Aug 3, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Aug 3, 2016
  5. Curious Win User
    Thank you for helping. What step 4? There are only 3 steps on that page.

3 questions if I may
    1. Will this include the anniversary update? (My current W10 installation is running fine)
    2. Will it reverse all my customizations?
    3. What do I do once I download the iso file?
    Thank you again.

Curious, Aug 4, 2016
  6. clam1952 Win User
    I upgraded two Win10 PC's Pro and Home both running Spybot Anti-Beacon with telemetry disabled, no problem with either of them.

clam1952, Aug 4, 2016
  7. Curious Win User
    Good to know.
    Thank you.

Curious, Aug 4, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Thank you for helping. What step 4? There are only 3 steps on that page.
    Step 4 in the 1st one.

3 questions if I may
    1. Will this include the anniversary update? (My current W10 installation is running fine)
    - thought you were trying to upgrade to this..
    2. Will it reverse all my customizations?
    The anniversary update will change a few settings, in particular reset all autoplay settings, turn it off, turn off system restore (as usual!), lost colour on inactive title bars if you've done that, you lose Classic peronalisation context menu if you added that from Brink's tutorial, may find one or two minor less common programs are broken or incompatible - some other experiences here:
    Solved Will I have to redo settings after Anniversary update? - Windows 10 Forums

3. What do I do once I download the iso file?
    Burn it to a DVD and use that: mount it and use it; create a bootable USB and use that- whichever you prefer.

dalchina, Aug 4, 2016
  9. nitehawk Win User
    nitehawk, Aug 4, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    If you have activation issues and you installed with a valid license or on a machine on which Win 10 had previously been installed or simply upgraded your existing Win 10 installation, you should be able to resolve that by calling MS in your region.

dalchina, Aug 4, 2016
  11. nitehawk Win User
    hi , its been valid all year , just today its done this .. on the line to MS now

nitehawk, Aug 4, 2016
  12. BRU
    bru Win User
    You may want to reconsider using that program. Everything it does in terms of stopping "spying" can easily be done manually.

13. Curious Win User

That assumes the user knows how to do them manually. It's just makes things convenient and may help avoid missing items.

Is there a downside to using it?

Curious, Aug 5, 2016
  14. dalchina New Member
    Yes, some settings can lead to 'Some settings are managed by your organisation' in Settings.

On the other hand, its Undo can help fix that.

dalchina, Aug 5, 2016
  15. Curious Win User
    Found the solution to my original question about the anniversary update failing with "something went wrong". There apparently is some kind of conflict between the update and Wi-Fi connection.

The solution by unicore
    Getting error 0x80070057 - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums
    worked for me and the update proceeded.

The solution was to disconnect wifi (go into aeroplane mode) as soon as the update starts verifying the download. Credit Unicore.

Hope this helps someone else.

Curious, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. spybot anti-beacon blocks W10 update? - Similar Threads - spybot anti beacon

2. COBALT STRIKE BEACON!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COBALT STRIKE BEACON!!!!: Recibi un CORREO, que dice:Greetings! I have to share bad news with you. Approximately a few months ago, I gained access to your devices, which you use for internet browsing. After that, I have started tracking your internet activities. Here is the sequence of events:Some...
  3. Anti-virus disables W10 firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Anti-virus disables W10 firewall: Dear all This is my first post. I thought I'd use it to revive an answer to a firewall problem in 2015! Back in February 2015, Windows 10 legend @TairikuOkami came up with a really simple answer to a disabled Windows 10 firewall: In the registry, make sure the start...
  4. SpyBot

SpyBot: Hello, On occasions I ran "SpyBot" program. The findings results are cookies and some registry entries - they all are Green color (Registry). How much reliable is it ? Normally I run once a day "CCleaner" Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 140521
  5. SpyBot

in Windows 10 Support
    SpyBot: Hello, On occasions I ran "SpyBot" program. The findings results are cookies and some registry entries - they all are Green color (Registry). How much reliable is it ? Normally I run once a day "CCleaner" Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 140521
  6. Has anyone tried Anti-Beacon from Safer Networking?

Has anyone tried Anti-Beacon from Safer Networking?: I just came across this application from Safer Networking, the makers of SpyBot. Has anyone tried it yet? Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows 23330
  7. Spybot

Spybot: Spybot will shortly be bringing out Spybot 2.5 for win 10, but 2.4 works fine anyway. If, like me, you have some passwords saved, spybot will remove them BUT, there is a solution: - Open Spybot by right clicking on the Spybot icon and choosing "Run as administrator". -...
  8. Spybot

Spybot: I just ran Spybot, but I had not done it for a couple of weeks. It found loads of spyware all labelled within Firefox folders. These must have crept in on a recent update. Very naughty Firefox. I cleaned them out and spybot reminded me I had not run immunization. So I did,...
  9. Question about Spybot Anti-beacon; leave running or use once?

Question about Spybot Anti-beacon; leave running or use once?: I can't actually seem to find an answer anywhere looking it up, but when I run Spybot Antibeacon to block windows 10 telemetry stuff, do I need to leave the program up and running or can I close it once run? 56062
  10. SpyBot anti-beacon for W10

SpyBot anti-beacon for W10: Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows 10 is a small utility designed to block and stop the various tracking (aka telemetry) issues that come with Windows 10. Seeing the bunch of incomplete or broken scripts to disable tracking in Windows 10, and the tools that install adware or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. spybot repair error