Windows 10: standard user

Discus and support standard user in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; see attachments. when i view my account settings i see that i'm an administrator, but when use control panel/user accounts/change your account type,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by yodar, May 24, 2020.

1. yodar Win User

standard user

see attachments.

when i view my account settings i see that i'm an administrator, but when use control panel/user accounts/change your account type, it seems to think i am already a standard user. the way UAC acts, it seems to think i am an administrator.

which is right?

standard user 7b5b3bef-8874-46ad-a61e-aeada8cdcd20?upload=true.jpg standard user e7d2d769-2cb1-4c15-89fb-f71df1289be1?upload=true.jpg

:)

yodar, May 24, 2020

2. Stuck as standard user

Hi,

Since your account is recognized as a standard user account, you can follow the steps below to change a user account type on Settings:

• Press Windows key + I on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
    • Click on Accounts and select Family & other people.
    • Under people, select the user account, and click Change account type.
    • Select Administrator from the drop down menu, then click
      OK

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards.

Robelene Win, May 24, 2020
  3. gvannucci Win User
    UAC & standard users with additional privileges

I am marking this problem as solved. The problem was:

Allow a standard user to enable/disable a network without having to enter a password every time.

My solution for Windows 7 was:

1. Add the standard user to the "Network Configuration Operators" group.
    2. Login as the standard user.
    3. Create a shortcut to the network adapter.
    4. Right-click on the shortcut to see or change the state of the network adapter.

I have received many useful and instructive suggestions on Tenforums. Based on those suggestions,
    here's my solution for Windows 10:

1. Add the standard user to the "Network Configuration Operators" group.
    2. Login as the standard user.
    3. In a cmd window, run this command
    netsh interface show interface
    to learn the name of the network adapter.
    4. Run Task Scheduler using the password of the standard user.
    5. Create two shortcuts in accordance with Option 2 in this tutorial:
    Elevated Shortcut without UAC - TenForumsTutorials
    -- at Step 3, name the shortcuts something like “EnableLAN” and “DisableLAN”
    -- at Step 7, in the Program/script field, type netsh
    -- at Step 8, into the Add arguments field, type
    interface set interface "name of network adapter" admin=enable
    (Make the last element “disable” for the second task.)
    -- at Step 14, name the shortcuts something like “Turn LAN On” and “Turn LAN Off”
    6. Press the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog, type ncpa.cpl into Run, and click OK to open the Network Connections window. Keep this window open on your desktop to see the state of the network adapter. The color of the icon reflects the state of the adapter.
    7. Click on one or the other of the two newly-created shortcuts to change the state of the network adapter. A cmd window briefly flashes on the screen. This can be eliminated using the procedure mentioned by Try3 in a previous post, if desired.

The solution for Windows 10 is much more cumbersome than the solution for Windows 7. I have to stop using Windows 7 due to the end of Microsoft support, and this is not the first time that I find Windows 10 to be less user friendly than Windows 7.

Thanks, again, to all who have kindly given me help and advice

gvannucci, May 24, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

standard user

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, May 24, 2020
Thema:

standard user

1. standard user - Similar Threads - standard user

2. Windows 11 Taskmanager as standard user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskmanager as standard user: In my company several user cannot start the taskmanager with their user account standard user. Windows always asks for higher permissions admin creds.All windows are hybrid joined and managed by intune. users are primary user.windows have latest realease 23H2I did some online...
  3. Windows 11 Taskmanager as standard user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Taskmanager as standard user: In my company several user cannot start the taskmanager with their user account standard user. Windows always asks for higher permissions admin creds.All windows are hybrid joined and managed by intune. users are primary user.windows have latest realease 23H2I did some online...
  4. Want to restrict standard user account to share any folder and sub-files, but admin account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to restrict standard user account to share any folder and sub-files, but admin account...: I Want to Restrict the Standard User Account from Sharing Any folder and files but the Admin Account Can Share that folder and files.Till now I have used :- I'm Using Windows 11 pro edition Create a New User Group:In the Local Users and Groups window, right-click on "Groups"...
  5. Want to restrict standard user account to share any folder and sub-files, but admin account...

Want to restrict standard user account to share any folder and sub-files, but admin account...: I Want to Restrict the Standard User Account from Sharing Any folder and files but the Admin Account Can Share that folder and files.Till now I have used :- I'm Using Windows 11 pro edition Create a New User Group:In the Local Users and Groups window, right-click on "Groups"...
  6. GPO to Run a specific application in the domin as administrator for a standard user account.

GPO to Run a specific application in the domin as administrator for a standard user account.: Hi All, We a have an application in our environment. it's been used by few users in different machines. The application needs administrator privileges to run. Temporarily I have created a service account and added it to the local administrator group. As the service account...
  7. GPO to Run a specific application in the domin as administrator for a standard user account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPO to Run a specific application in the domin as administrator for a standard user account.: Hi All, We a have an application in our environment. it's been used by few users in different machines. The application needs administrator privileges to run. Temporarily I have created a service account and added it to the local administrator group. As the service account...
  8. Configure Windows Token-Based Activation between standard user and administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Configure Windows Token-Based Activation between standard user and administrator: I am working with Windows 10 Enterprise Edition and VMware Instant Clones. The Golden Image has the group volume and token-based activation license on it. The situation is when I log into a virtual machine with my regular smartcard, the activate windows display is seen and...
  9. Configure Windows Token-Based Activation between standard user and administrator

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Configure Windows Token-Based Activation between standard user and administrator: I am working with Windows 10 Enterprise Edition and VMware Instant Clones. The Golden Image has the group volume and token-based activation license on it. The situation is when I log into a virtual machine with my regular smartcard, the activate windows display is seen and...
  10. Configure Windows Token-Based Activation between standard user and administrator