Windows 10: Standby in Windows 10

Discus and support Standby in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Running Surface Pro 4 w/ Windows 10 64 bit. I have done the registry mod for advanced power options but still do not see a standby function. Looking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by delaneybob, May 9, 2017.

1. Standby in Windows 10

Running Surface Pro 4 w/ Windows 10 64 bit. I have done the registry mod for advanced power options but still do not see a standby function.

Looking for good ole standby- hibernate seems to make me power cycle the tablet to recover the screen

:)

delaneybob, May 9, 2017

2. Battery Remaining time on Win 10 Anniversary update and HP x360 Envoy

Hi Jeff,

Windows 10 uses "Modern Standby" (used to be "Connected Standby" power state with the
    Always-On/Always-Connected feature).

With Modern Standby, your system can't really calculate how much time is left. You will have to look up on how to disable it to be able to see how much time is left.

Your other devices running with Windows 10 probably doesn't support Modern Standby, that's why the battery meter on them works.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Joanna 777, May 9, 2017
  3. Instant Go, any site with current information as to operation?

Hi,

InstantGo or Modern Standby maintains network connectivity when your computer is in standby mode, allowing the system to update things in the background, and keeping it ready to instantly resume. Windows 10 Modern Standby (MS) expands the Windows 8.1 Connected
    Standby power model to be more inclusive and allows systems that doesn’t support all of the prior requirements for Connected Standby to still take advantage of the low power idle mode. For us to resolve your concern, you can check the current information available
    about InstantGo or Modern Standby on this
    link
    . Currently the article we provided contains the details and updates about InstantGo or Modern Standby.

Feel free to reach out to us for further concerns.

Jordan Dom, May 9, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member
Thema:

Standby in Windows 10

1. Standby in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Standby

2. Fingerprint and PIN not working after a few standby/wakeup cycles

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint and PIN not working after a few standby/wakeup cycles: Logging in by fingerprint or PIN stops working after the system went to standby and back a few times. I can then reboot the system to make it work again. It seems not to be a hardware issue to me. Thanks in advance for your help!...
  3. windows 10 standby / powersaving mode while RDC connection is active

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 standby / powersaving mode while RDC connection is active: Hi anyone knowing this problem? windows 10 standby / powersaving mode while RDC connection is active mainly this happens when windows 10 was in standby and waked up. Thanks T...
  4. How to use Task Scheduler to wake a laptop from 'Connected Standby'?

How to use Task Scheduler to wake a laptop from 'Connected Standby'?: Hi I have just purchased a new laptop which apparently only support 'Connected Standby'. In spite of setting a Task Schedule to wake the PC from 'Connected Standby' I have not had any success. The Task Schedule is set as per my older Windows 10 Home laptops that do WAKE the...
  5. Does modern standby need compatible PSU to work ?

Does modern standby need compatible PSU to work ?: Corsair launched Corsair RM850 that claims to be modern standby compatible . So modern standby needs this kind of PSU to work? What about other PSUs ? I didnt find other PSU that claims to be modern standby compatible, so I am not understanding what is going on......
  6. Xbox One Controller preventing monitor from going to standby mode!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One Controller preventing monitor from going to standby mode!: Hello, I've ran into a new problem last 1 month I am having this issue and I have just diagnosed last night the problem that is causing my monitor to not turn off its display. It turns out that there is some very tiny drifting going on with my Afterglow Xbox One Gamepad...
  7. Disable mouse wake up in modern standby

Disable mouse wake up in modern standby: Hi, I have new laptop Dell which support modern standby. There is one thing, I can't disable mouse to prevent waking up from modern standby. My mouse does not have power switch, so every time when I put my laptop to backpack it wakes up, because of mouse. I have tried...
  8. Windows 10 "standby" screen during restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 "standby" screen during restart: I really need help Hi, I am trying to restart my PC. So I selected the option "delete files and clean drives". The machine seemed to start the procedure, but it is locked on the "Please wait" screen. I have never seen any progress screen and it has been stuck like this all...
  9. standby memory not releasing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    standby memory not releasing: Windows 10 ver 1903 standby memory not releasing, have to use Rammap all the time. All drivers are up to date, no malware or virus, any thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/standby-memory-not-releasing/e5341242-acc1-4a88-927d-bf7842fd3a54
  10. Mouse cursor disappears after standby (Desktop).

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor disappears after standby (Desktop).: Sys specs : Windows 10 x64 1903 - up to date. RTX2080 431.36 1 x Samsung 34" (DP) 2 x Benq XL2411P (DP) Logitech MX Master 2S (Logitech software installed) (Doubt the rest matters if you've read what happens).. I press my spacebar (any key(s) in that general...