Windows 10: Standby in Windows 10

Discus and support Standby in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Running Surface Pro 4 w/ Windows 10 64 bit. I have done the registry mod for advanced power options but still do not see a standby function. Looking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by delaneybob, May 9, 2017.

1. Standby in Windows 10

Running Surface Pro 4 w/ Windows 10 64 bit. I have done the registry mod for advanced power options but still do not see a standby function.

Looking for good ole standby- hibernate seems to make me power cycle the tablet to recover the screen

:)

delaneybob, May 9, 2017

2. Battery Remaining time on Win 10 Anniversary update and HP x360 Envoy

Hi Jeff,

Windows 10 uses "Modern Standby" (used to be "Connected Standby" power state with the
    Always-On/Always-Connected feature).

With Modern Standby, your system can't really calculate how much time is left. You will have to look up on how to disable it to be able to see how much time is left.

Your other devices running with Windows 10 probably doesn't support Modern Standby, that's why the battery meter on them works.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Joanna 777, May 9, 2017
  3. Instant Go, any site with current information as to operation?

Hi,

InstantGo or Modern Standby maintains network connectivity when your computer is in standby mode, allowing the system to update things in the background, and keeping it ready to instantly resume. Windows 10 Modern Standby (MS) expands the Windows 8.1 Connected
    Standby power model to be more inclusive and allows systems that doesn’t support all of the prior requirements for Connected Standby to still take advantage of the low power idle mode. For us to resolve your concern, you can check the current information available
    about InstantGo or Modern Standby on this
    link
    . Currently the article we provided contains the details and updates about InstantGo or Modern Standby.

Feel free to reach out to us for further concerns.

Jordan Dom, May 9, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member
Thema:

Standby in Windows 10

1. Standby in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Standby

2. How to find what program is using SetThreadExecutionState to cause exit from Modern Standby?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find what program is using SetThreadExecutionState to cause exit from Modern Standby?: My laptop has been exiting Modern Standby for unclear reasons. Network connectivity during standby is disabled and ability to wake from sleep is disabled for all devices in Device Manager.Just had a situation where laptop was supposedly on sleep for 4 days, but it turns out...
  3. How to find what program is using SetThreadExecutionState to cause exit from Modern Standby?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find what program is using SetThreadExecutionState to cause exit from Modern Standby?: My laptop has been exiting Modern Standby for unclear reasons. Network connectivity during standby is disabled and ability to wake from sleep is disabled for all devices in Device Manager.Just had a situation where laptop was supposedly on sleep for 4 days, but it turns out...
  4. UHD 770 Not Coming out of Monitor Standby

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UHD 770 Not Coming out of Monitor Standby: Win11 with all updates, motherboard is an MSI Z790-A which has an Intel UHD 770. Dual 4k Dell Monitors hooked up 1 via HDMI and 1 via DP. Everything worked find with monitors going into and out of standby mode until a couple months ago. I've tried installing the latest...
  5. UHD 770 Not Coming out of Monitor Standby

UHD 770 Not Coming out of Monitor Standby: Win11 with all updates, motherboard is an MSI Z790-A which has an Intel UHD 770. Dual 4k Dell Monitors hooked up 1 via HDMI and 1 via DP. Everything worked find with monitors going into and out of standby mode until a couple months ago. I've tried installing the latest...
  6. Laptop enters Modern Standby when screen turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop enters Modern Standby when screen turns off: I recently received my new Windows 11 laptop. I set the system to never go to sleep in the settings and in the power plan. However, when the screen turns off after screen time-out it also goes into Modern Standby. This causes my laptop fans to stop running causing the system...
  7. Laptop enters Modern Standby when screen turns off

Laptop enters Modern Standby when screen turns off: I recently received my new Windows 11 laptop. I set the system to never go to sleep in the settings and in the power plan. However, when the screen turns off after screen time-out it also goes into Modern Standby. This causes my laptop fans to stop running causing the system...
  8. how do i enable modern standby

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i enable modern standby: Dear Microsoft Support,I am writing to inquire about enabling Modern Standby on my Windows device. I understand that Modern Standby offers benefits like faster wake times and background connectivity, but I am unsure how to activate it on my system.I have searched online for...
  9. how do i enable modern standby

how do i enable modern standby: Dear Microsoft Support,I am writing to inquire about enabling Modern Standby on my Windows device. I understand that Modern Standby offers benefits like faster wake times and background connectivity, but I am unsure how to activate it on my system.I have searched online for...
  10. Laptop is crashing during Standby.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is crashing during Standby.: Hi, my Laptop is crashing or shutting down during Standby. The Event Log can be found here. It did that a while ago. I uninstalled Windows back then and reinstalled it with a boot stick and it worked for a while. But now I'm at the same problem again. It shows other similar...