Windows 10: Start Button not working properly

Discus and support Start Button not working properly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All of a sudden my start button will not respond to the left click. Right click works normally. This seems to be the only problem in the task bar. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Alberto, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Alberto Win User

Start Button not working properly

All of a sudden my start button will not respond to the left click. Right click works normally. This seems to be the only problem in the task bar. Any suggestions? Is there a win 10 repair disk available? I have just discovered that there are no restore points! What to do?

Albert

:)

Alberto, Dec 13, 2015

2. My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Dec 13, 2015
  3. "Ask me anything" is not working neither is Cortana. I also can't search anything on my Windows 10 PC using the start menu.

The start button is working properly.

FayazRahman, Dec 13, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

JohnC, Dec 13, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    Suggestions :
    1. Right click at it > click Command Prompt (Admin) > type powershell > press Enter key.
    At the flashing prompt, copy and paste this command line ( to avoid typo it's best to apply Copy/paste method)......
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

> press Enter.

If the above does not help........................
    2. Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Start Button not working properly - Similar Threads - Start Button working

2. Start Button Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Button Not Working: For the past week or so, the start menu button has not been working. After searching online, I've tried basically everything I can think of besides resetting Windows. I've tried:- Rebooting - Adding EnableXamlStartMenu to the registry - Reinstalling all windows packages...
  3. Start Button Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Button Not Working: For the past week or so, the start menu button has not been working. After searching online, I've tried basically everything I can think of besides resetting Windows. I've tried:- Rebooting - Adding EnableXamlStartMenu to the registry - Reinstalling all windows packages...
  4. Start button not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button not working: I have an Hp laptop running version 20H (OS build 19042.928) and the start button is not working. This happened after I got remote support for a program that was returning some errors. The people who gave me support for said program have spend an entire week trying to fix...
  5. Start button not working properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button not working properly: My start button no longer displays the list of applications, settings, shut down etc. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-not-working-properly/e9837339-8a6f-4483-8cce-2ac4a0894f2a
  6. Start button is not working

Start button is not working: My laptop start button is not working correctly when IClick on it nothing happens, the windows key on the keyboard is not working aswell. If I move the pointer to the bottom left of the windowsbutton and click it opens up as if I have left clicked. I have tried restarting...
  7. Start Button not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start Button not working: Start Button not working after Windows 10 2004 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-not-working/3cfa7f07-9f20-4939-9365-2b4612d61a8a
  8. start button not working

start button not working: start button stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-not-working/8227ba9a-2479-489f-b5bb-9d7c5237bb7a
  9. Start Button Not Working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button Not Working?: What steps should be taken to diagnose a Windows 10 start button not working? 48746
  10. start button not working

in Windows 10 Support
    start button not working: I did the upgrade and know my start window wont work I cant get to the apps or shortcut windows*Mad 23819