Windows 10: Start Menu and Apps gets disabled for random periods

Discus and support Start Menu and Apps gets disabled for random periods in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So i had this issue for a while now with a lenovo laptop , it started with what I assumed as keyboard lag in ms store apps and then later i realize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Start Menu and Apps gets disabled for random periods

So i had this issue for a while now with a lenovo laptop , it started with what I assumed as keyboard lag in ms store apps and then later i realize this has nothing to do with keyboard , as i realized that start menu itself gets random disable periods when left open (darkens and become irresponsive to mouse clicks (yes mouse is operational not frozen) or keyboard shortcuts then comes back to its senses after . so this doesn't quite show as a crash as i have witnessed crashes to search or start menu before (they just close) but these rather acts as a sudden pause / release , apps on the other hand during that pause cease to receive keyboard / mouse input despite running .

I have tried the normal attempts to resolve this , tinkering with keyboard filters / delays , updating drivers , dism , inplace windows upgrade , stopping indexing service , disabling firewall , refreshing store apps through power shell yet nothing .

any additional hints is appreciated , thanks in advance .

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Mar 31, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Mar 31, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Mar 31, 2019
  4. Start Menu and Apps gets disabled for random periods

Like seeing Promoted Apps in the Start Menu? You'll love the Windows..

Like seeing Promoted Apps in the Start Menu? You'll love the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Start Menu and Apps gets disabled for random periods [​IMG]

Read more: http://www.neowin.net/news/like-seei...versary-update

Start Menu and Apps gets disabled for random periods [​IMG]
    Tip How to Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10

Cluster Head, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

Start Menu and Apps gets disabled for random periods

1. Start Menu and Apps gets disabled for random periods - Similar Threads - Start Menu Apps

2. How to disable Top Apps from the Windows Start Menu

in Cortana
    How to disable Top Apps from the Windows Start Menu: I find it extremely irritating and don't want everyone seeing which Apps I use the most often. Steps to replicate: PRESSKEY WINDOWS TYPE String DELETE String Thanks in advance!...
  3. Start menu apps not getting entered in the Start menu folder and not getting indexed

in Cortana
    Start menu apps not getting entered in the Start menu folder and not getting indexed: For months I have had this issue where any new app/software I installed on my laptop would not appear in the search from the start menu. After looking at the indexing menu, I noticed that the start menu folder in that was not showing any of the recently installed apps. After...
  4. Start menu starts opening randomly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu starts opening randomly.: Hi! I have a windows tablet with broken touch that goes crazy sometimes, so i have disabled it. When im using tablet the start menu opens randomly sometimes. Is there a fix? submitted by /u/vukasin123king [link] [comments]...
  5. Small App Menu on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Small App Menu on Start Menu: [ATTACH] I have this really small app list on the Start menu, can't adjust it through settings, through a PowerShell command, really struggling - any ideas???...
  6. Start Menu Apps

Start Menu Apps: I am having problems with Start Menu apps. The display of some apps have this arrow down sign. It says it's maybe updating or installing it ain't. Please help me on how to fix this. Thank you...
  7. Disable theme colors for start menu

Disable theme colors for start menu: I just installed the May Update of Windows 10 and was seeing the new theme feature which lets us to choose between light or dark colors. I noticed that the light color on the taskbar looks great but doesn't look that nice in the start menu (I use the full screen start menu)....
  8. Disable web searches in Start menu

in Cortana
    Disable web searches in Start menu: I need to be able to disable web searches in the Start menu. We have several Windows 10 laptops that we use to administer exams, and obviously we cannot have students able to search the internet during their exams. Having no way to disable this feature makes these laptops...
  9. Disable Start Menu Hover

Disable Start Menu Hover: Hey there! When I'm in the main desktop and I hover over the start button for 2 seconds, the start menu appears. Is there any way to disable that? It's REALLY annoying. Thanks in advance. 36417
  10. Start menu Personalization Disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu Personalization Disabled: Had to try a few different methods to get the start menu not working problem to go away. Finally I had to go back to a restore point from just after the upgrade from Windows 7 to get the start menu to work again. Now I try to turn back on the folders in Personalization >...