Windows 10: Start Menu Appearance On Open

Discus and support Start Menu Appearance On Open in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I've loved this sight and its Windows 7 counterpart for long time. Thank you for all the work you do and for the information you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mehns, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Mehns Win User

Start Menu Appearance On Open

Hello everyone. I've loved this sight and its Windows 7 counterpart for long time. Thank you for all the work you do and for the information you provide.

My question is can I make the Start Menu open up like what is shown in the image below, instead of the long list of programs down the left side?

Thank you

Start Menu Appearance On Open [​IMG]

:)

Mehns, Dec 10, 2016

2. Start menu appearance

Hi Laura,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the below questions for the better understanding of the issue.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. Are you using a Local account or a Microsoft Account?

3. What exactly do you mean by," start menu keeps on showing just the black square with white letters, not the list in
    color and squares where apps were shown before."?

Please get back to us with the necessary details so that we can resolve your issue at the earliest.

Amarjeet_Paul, Dec 10, 2016
  3. Start menu appearance

The start menu appearance has changed from a color list of the files/apps I use most to a black square with a listing of what I can do. I changed my background picture but that is all I did. Tried to delete the new picture and go back to what I had before
    but the start menu keeps on showing just the black square with white letters, not the list in color and squares where apps were shown before. There were game links in the squares that I can no longer access. Help!

LauraStout, Dec 10, 2016
  4. Mehns Win User

Hello everyone. I'm a long time viewer of this site and it's Windows 7 counterpart. Thank you for all of your hard work.

Is there a way to change the way the Start Menu looks when it is opened to look like the image below?

Thank you. And apologies for posting this twice.

Start Menu Appearance On Open [​IMG]

Mehns, Dec 10, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    You can click and drag the edge and change the tile sizes. And there's tablet mode (full screen). (Settings, search for 'tablet').

dalchina, Dec 10, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 10, 2016
  7. Mehns Win User
    Mehns, Dec 10, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Start Menu Appearance On Open - Similar Threads - Start Menu Appearance

2. Start Menu is not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu is not opening: The start menu is not opening using the mouse by clicking on the windows logo in the taskbar nor the keyboard on my windows 11 system. I have restarted my laptop multiple times but the same issue occurs. Because of this, I am unable to access the search function also, neither...
  3. Start Menu is not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu is not opening: The start menu is not opening using the mouse by clicking on the windows logo in the taskbar nor the keyboard on my windows 11 system. I have restarted my laptop multiple times but the same issue occurs. Because of this, I am unable to access the search function also, neither...
  4. New Menu appears on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Menu appears on Start Menu: I have a problem on my computer. When I am opening the Start Menu to turn my computer off I have to click on the symbol for shutting down and then on "turn off". But if I am too slow with my mouse or clicking on the right part of the symbol a new useless menu opens up where...
  5. Start Menu does not appear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu does not appear: Hello, Start Menu does not appear when users click on Windows Icon at desktop Screen. Could anyone suggest what could be the issue. This has been a general problem in windows 10 Regards, Rakesh...
  6. Not appearing start menu

in Cortana
    Not appearing start menu: Yesterday, i updated my windows 10 version 2004. when finished update and restart my laptop. After restart when i click start option i can't see program list because when i click start menu logo auto appear search option above start menu ! Even i am not seen shutdown option,...
  7. start menu not appearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    start menu not appearing: so my problem is that windows start menu is completely invisible, it still functions i can open apps by typing the name of the application and it will run. i have tried: DISM scan which said to not reveal any corruptions , i have tried a similar scan in power-shell which...
  8. Start menu not appearing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start menu not appearing.: I changed out of Window S mode so that MS Office will work, but now Start menu will not appear when Start button is pushed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-not-appearing/9d72de98-ce1c-47da-af72-f50a54470740
  9. Start Menu doesn't appear

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu doesn't appear: Help! I'm working on my friend's Win 10 laptop, I just moved it from a mechanical hard disk to an SSD, but now the start menu doesn't appear when I left click on the Win logo (Though right clicking on it does the normal right click stuff) I tried doing an SFC /Scannow -...
  10. Start Menu not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not opening: Trying to resolve this issue for a couple of days where the start menu doesn't open when its clicked on. I have seen other posts with this issue where its an issue with personalization settings under ms-settings. I am unable to open Ms-settings because I receive the error...