Windows 10: Start Menu Items Open in Wrong Browser

Discus and support Start Menu Items Open in Wrong Browser in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Chrome is set as my default browser in Windows 10. When I click on an internet shortcut on the start menu, the site opens in Edge. How do I change it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FailedCellar392, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Start Menu Items Open in Wrong Browser

Chrome is set as my default browser in Windows 10. When I click on an internet shortcut on the start menu, the site opens in Edge. How do I change it to open in Chrome?

:)

FailedCellar392, Jul 9, 2018

2. Windows 10 Start Menu won't open.

Hi Dougie,

Corrupted system files could be one of the reason why Start Menu is not opening.

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps listed in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana
    see if it helps resolve the issue.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Jul 9, 2018
  3. No items in start menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

First I would suggest you to click on all apps in start menu and see if you can find the apps there, if yes then right click on the app and select Pin to start.

If the issue persist then I would suggest you to run sfc scan and check if it helps:

The “sfc /scannow” command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard and select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from
    that menu.

b) On the command prompt window, type the following command, and then press “Enter

sfc /scannow

c) Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the scan.

If still the issue persist run DISM and check:

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
      • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
      • Click File > Run New Task
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
      • Type CMD
    Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Start Menu Items Open in Wrong Browser

Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10  

Hi, @Brink:

My caffeine titer is low, so I must be missing some blatant, basic step to add a shortcut to my account's All Apps list in the Start menu (Option1).
    The new process both for creating shortcuts and for adding/removing items to the Win10 start menu has me flummoxed.
    Your tutorials are always "topnotch", so this must be a cockpit error on my part.

>I would like to follow the suggestion on page 1 of the wushowhide.diagcab tutorial to add a shortcut in All Apps for my account.

I have d/l the wushowhide.diagcab and saved it to my downloads folder.
    I have done Step 1 on Page 1 of THIS tutorial to navigate to the Start Menu Programs folder.
    But HOW do I actually complete Step 3 to create a shortcut and then add it to the Start Menu "All Apps"??

I think I need to first somehow create a shortcut for the .cab file and then add it to All Apps in the start menu???

Please advise.

Thanks!
    MM

P.S. I have been postponing the probably inevitable installation of Class Shell.
    I would rather not have to install a 3rd-party program to be able to perform basic Windows tasks.
    But this new workflow in Win10 for a basic functionality might force me to do it.
    Sigh.

MoxieMomma, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

Start Menu Items Open in Wrong Browser

1. Start Menu Items Open in Wrong Browser - Similar Threads - Start Menu Items

2. Unnamed Start Menu Item

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unnamed Start Menu Item: Hi, Under the "Other" section of my start menu is an item with no logo, "ms-resourceAppListName" which is a bit unsightly. If I click on it, it launches the People app. I can't find a way to restore the title and icon and it seems I can't uninstall the app even though I...
  3. Can’t open browser, cortana or start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t open browser, cortana or start menu: I factory reset my MSI GL62M 7RDX laptop to sell it but I can’t open Internet Explorer, Cortana or the start menu. When I click Cortana or the start menu, the blue circle appears next to my cursor for about 2 or 3 seconds but nothing happens. When I try to open the browser,...
  4. Broken item in Start Menu

Broken item in Start Menu: Hi Please could someone assist me with removing the following item in my Start Menu: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-item-in-start-menu/7aa56942-3cde-49d1-a75a-38afb23a89f1
  5. add items in menu Start

add items in menu Start: Hi to whom it may concern. I know how to insert one icon in Start Menu or in application bar but I don't know to insert VLC media reader icon in the list of Apps at left of Start Menu. Could you tell me how to do it? Thank you and Best Regards, Dario...
  6. Start menu "recent items"

Start menu "recent items": Hi, I have "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" set to Off (in the Personalization -> Start section of PC seetings), but recently opened items still appear. If I turn the setting "On, and then "Off" again, it clears the lists. But ultimately,...
  7. Start menu items...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu items...: When I started up, then rechecked the standard News and weather apps. were not working in the START menu. They were working fine yesterday. 110222
  8. Blank start menu items

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank start menu items: See picture. For some reason many icons have no picture and are left blank. Any idea how to fix this? [img] 23700
  9. Start menu and other taskbar items won't open

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu and other taskbar items won't open: Hello, For some reason, my Start menu won't open, by both mouse or keyboard button. Other taskbar items (bottom right icons) aren't opening either, e.g. battery info, wifi menu, audio settings, calendar/clock, and messages. However, I can open the tray only. I tried...
  10. Organizing Start Menu items

in Windows 10 Support
    Organizing Start Menu items: Hi. New to this forum, I was a previous member of the Seven Forums for years. I have just installed 10 and like what I see so far. Does anyone know how to: - Organize your Start Menu (i.e. delete folders and create your own folders). I am unable to right click to get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start menu items dont open