Windows 10: Start Menu Language Won't Change

Discus and support Start Menu Language Won't Change in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi y'all I recently decided to change my entire PC display language to English, since I'm not a native it's good for practicing purposes, as well as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hoppe, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Hoppe Win User

Start Menu Language Won't Change

Hi y'all

I recently decided to change my entire PC display language to English, since I'm not a native it's good for practicing purposes, as well as for getting support online (most guides and tutorials are in English).

I changed the display language in the Settings, changed the region to United States, both in Settings and Control Panel > System Locale. I already ran Windows 10 OOBE and choose English as well.

Yet I couldn't manage to change the Start Menu language. When I click the Windows icon, it displays some news and apps in my original display language, which is Portuguese. Some apps like the Recycle Bin is still called "Lixeira", in Portuguese, as you can see in the screenshot bellow.
    Screenshot by Lightshot

How can I change this?

:)

Hoppe, Jul 1, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Jul 1, 2019
  3. notnats Win User
    notnats, Jul 1, 2019
  4. tabuf Win User

N97 Bluetooth disappeared, won´t start again

Today without any reason the Bluetooth disappeared, and it won´t start anymore from the connections menu. Any clue where to start looking. Software V20, and no new update available.

tabuf, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Start Menu Language Won't Change - Similar Threads - Start Menu Language

2. Start Menu won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu won't open: As the title suggests, the Start Menu won't open for me. That's not the only problem. The taskbar has been faulty and it's been two days.Here are some things I can still do with it:- Open programs that are pinned in the task bar.- Open Task View- Show hidden icons- Change...
  3. Start menu won't open

Start menu won't open: I tried everything including: sfc /scannow DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and some more but, sfc gives me an error: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. and DISM gives me...
  4. Start Menu Changed

Start Menu Changed: How do I get out of this windows 10 start menu? It's on the left of the screen and the desktop image is muted. I have the windows 7 classic shell but it doesn't work like before I updated windows. [ATTACH]...
  5. start menu language change

start menu language change: Hello, I just bought a new laptop from korea where i live but would like it all in english. I have managed to get nearly everything switched over but the start menu still has features on korean and so does the welcome screen before i sign into the computer. Just...
  6. Start Menu won't close

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu won't close: It's been a week since I bought this computer, and the start menu won't close. I have all the latest updates, ran the start menu troubleshooter, sfc scan, nothing works. This is my first Windows laptop and I'm very disappointed, to be honest. I've spent all week downloading...
  7. Russian language in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Russian language in start menu: I have started noticing Russian language in my start menu and in some windows applications (eg Calculator and Photo previewer). [img] I do have Russian language installed but its not default and I want my menu to be English. I'm sure this is an easy fix, but if someone can...
  8. Can't Change Start Menu Language

Can't Change Start Menu Language: I changed the language. But still can't change some parts of the start menu. [ATTACH] As you can see, I wrote "language" to the search bar and the result is in "Turkish" (previous language). And also I can't open anything by click on them. So I want them "English" too....
  9. Language in Start menu program list

Language in Start menu program list: Why does "Microsfoft office Hulpprogramma's" appear in Nederland in my start menu program list when my system language is English. All other start menu programs are shown in English....
  10. Start Menu won't launch

Start Menu won't launch: I've recently installed a fresh version of windows (was having PC issues) and all went well, apart from the fact I can no longer launch the start menu, which renders my PC essentially useless. I'd really appreciate some help here fixing the issue, as it is pretty vital. I've...