Windows 10: Start menu White box tile

Discus and support Start menu White box tile in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I started having a problem (it used to display correctly, it just randomly changed without me doing anything) with the way opera web browser shows up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mm75, Apr 12, 2016.

1. mm75 Win User

Start menu White box tile

I started having a problem (it used to display correctly, it just randomly changed without me doing anything) with the way opera web browser shows up in the start menu when it is pinned.
    It appears as just a white box without even a custom colour applied. Every other programs appears correctly.
    Start menu White box tile [​IMG]

What can I do? I already tried reinstalling the app as well as deleting the IconCache.db

:)

2. Creating a new tiles group in windows 10

1) Click Start, All Programs, find the program/app shortcut, then click-drag it to copy it to a blank area in the tile pane, until you see a horizontal bar appear, then release the mouse button.

Here is the trick that no one writes: while that horizontal bar hides itself from view, IT IS STILL THERE!

2) So HOVER in the space immediately above the icon you just put into tile pane, and you’ll see the outline of the group name box appear.

3) Click IN the box area, then a white text area appears, and you can type the group name that you desire.

Robert Logan, Apr 12, 2016
  3. Right Click on Start Menu only shows empty white boxes

Titile says it all really........Right Click on Start Menu only shows empty white boxes.....

VespasianYN, Apr 12, 2016
  4. mm75 Win User

Can anyone help with this please?

5. hTconeM9user, Apr 13, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Try a different browser instead of Opera.
    Make the new browser as default > then reboot.

See if that helps at all.

davidhk, Apr 13, 2016
  7. mm75 Win User
  8. mm75 Win User

Didn't change anything... still blank for some reason *Sad

9. davidhk Win User
    ..............I started having a problem .........................

How long ago since that problem appears ?
    If not too long ago, try doing a system restore.
    Pick a date when you did NOT have this issue as your restore point.
    System Restore Windows 10

davidhk, Apr 13, 2016
  10. mm75 Win User
    As much I would like to, I didnt have access to my computer since February and the problem started a few days before then. there are no system restore points from back then for some reason

11. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Apr 13, 2016
  12. mm75 Win User
  13. davidhk Win User

No. Repair install allows you to keep all your files, settings and apps.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

If you find the tutorial a bit complex, please let me know.

davidhk, Apr 13, 2016
  14. mm75 Win User
    All right, it took me a while before I had time to do it but I just finished the in place upgrade.
    problem is still there. Any other ideas?

15. davidhk Win User
    No more ideas from me except pin Opera to your taskbar instead and delete the one in Start Menu tile.
    Sorry.

davidhk, Apr 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Start menu White box tile - Similar Threads - Start menu White

2. White tile box on screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White tile box on screen?: Hi unfortunately I'm not in the same area as this pc. My sister's boy has been enthusiastic with downloads. He thinks he has downloaded something he shouldn't. He's only 8!Unfortunately my sister has no IT skills.It's possible he has hit some random combination of keys or...
  3. White tile box on screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White tile box on screen?: Hi unfortunately I'm not in the same area as this pc. My sister's boy has been enthusiastic with downloads. He thinks he has downloaded something he shouldn't. He's only 8!Unfortunately my sister has no IT skills.It's possible he has hit some random combination of keys or...
  4. White boxes in Tiles in Start Menu, again

in Windows 10 Customization
    White boxes in Tiles in Start Menu, again: I've researched many recent threads about this and tried many of the solutions suggested. I get white boxes that show up in the upper left corner of tiles in the start menu. This is a VirtualBox VM running on a Windows 10 host. I have updated everything related to...
  5. White boxes in Tiles in Start Menu, again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White boxes in Tiles in Start Menu, again: I've researched many recent threads about this and tried many of the solutions suggested. I get white boxes that show up in the upper left corner of tiles in the start menu. This is a VirtualBox VM running on a Windows 10 host. I have updated everything related to...
  6. White boxes in Tiles in Start Menu, again

7. Why are some tiles in the Start Menu highlighted in white?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are some tiles in the Start Menu highlighted in white?: Like the 2nd and 5th tiles here:What does it even mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-some-tiles-in-the-start-menu-highlighted/4c85ab0c-90e4-43ed-a923-4ad69b35a42b
  8. Why are some tiles in the Start Menu highlighted in white?

Why are some tiles in the Start Menu highlighted in white?: Like the 2nd and 5th tiles here:What does it even mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-some-tiles-in-the-start-menu-highlighted/4c85ab0c-90e4-43ed-a923-4ad69b35a42b
  9. Why are some tiles in the Start Menu highlighted in white?

10. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...