Windows 10: Start Screen is default on Touch devices

Discus and support Start Screen is default on Touch devices in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Morning All, I know there are not to many people who like the touch side of things, but I have just installed 10 on a touch device Star Screen is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by paulsalter, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Start Screen is default on Touch devices

Morning All,

I know there are not to many people who like the touch side of things, but I have just installed 10 on a touch device

Star Screen is the default, looks exactly the same as 8
    Apps all launch maximized on the desktop (not the new full screen option)

Thought that might be interesting for anyone who has a touch device

*This is on a Laptop with touch screen

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

:)

paulsalter, Oct 2, 2014

2. My computer is stuck like this when I'm back at safe mode and normal +

It's seems that my computer fixed the problem, I'll fix the network problem..

default-screen, Oct 2, 2014
  3. My computer is stuck like this when I'm back at safe mode and normal +

no internet networks showing up when I click the taskbar icon, and it's frozen, what can I do?

I haven't been on it since October 2015...

Start Screen is default on Touch devices dfaffa63-bddc-47d3-bf3f-db811316b6bc.jpg

default-screen, Oct 2, 2014
  4. kjv1611 Win User

Start Screen is default on Touch devices

Sounds interesting. I wonder if they will allow that to be user configurable, and not just 100% based on hardware. For instance, if I had a touch-screen laptop or desktop, which one day I imagine I will, then I'd still rather start in desktop mode, but might at some point decide I want to change to starting at the "start screen".

kjv1611, Oct 2, 2014
  5. It can be changed, but you need to log off/on, seems to detect what is best for your machine and default to it

I have been looking at the new start menu recently and that works fine

paulsalter, Oct 2, 2014
  6. Pops1 Win User
    I had something similar. Solved it but I don' remember how. And it's only been 2 days.Maybe try this :Go to 'Settings", Choose 'System', in there choose 'Tablet' , then turn off the button for tablets. Hope this works for you.

Pops1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Start Screen is default on Touch devices

1. Start Screen is default on Touch devices - Similar Threads - Start Screen default

2. Windows 11 Update causes Touch Screen Precise Touch Device data error cannot start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update causes Touch Screen Precise Touch Device data error cannot start.: hi, I recently updated my Windows on my Surface Pro 7 to Windows 11. Ever since the upgrade I get a message saying HID Precise touch device touch screen cannot start Code 10. STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR.. is there any way to revert to Windows 10 again or get it to work...
  3. Windows 11 Update causes Touch Screen Precise Touch Device data error cannot start.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Update causes Touch Screen Precise Touch Device data error cannot start.: hi, I recently updated my Windows on my Surface Pro 7 to Windows 11. Ever since the upgrade I get a message saying HID Precise touch device touch screen cannot start Code 10. STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR.. is there any way to revert to Windows 10 again or get it to work...
  4. HID - compliant touch screen Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HID - compliant touch screen Device: Hey! My touch screen is disabled . I tried to fix it by updating drivers but the option of enable or disable is not there. I can only see four options - update driver/uninstall device/scan for hardware changes/properties, enable or disable option is missing. Should I...
  5. Duplicating touch screen to another touch screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Duplicating touch screen to another touch screen: I have 2 touch screens one with a pc behind it and another that is just a screen. The touch screen of the one with the pc works like it should. But I can use the touch screen on the second one. I want both of these screen to be running the exact same programs and still work....
  6. Touch Screen - Device Migrated

Touch Screen - Device Migrated: My touch screen no long works on my HP Pavilion x360. In the device manager, it says the device migrated. What does that mean? How can I get the touch screen to work again. Thank you, Barbara...
  7. Touch screen device is missing from device manager list

Touch screen device is missing from device manager list: Alright I have found that in the device manager all the touch screen device stuff is missing from the list. How do I get it back, so I can finally use my laptop's touch screen feature again?...
  8. Default Edge Start Screen or MSN

in Browsers and Email
    Default Edge Start Screen or MSN: Preface: I actually think the default Edge Start Screen is a version of MSN. I've been happily using Edge's default start screen yet am giving consideration to MSN's start screen. Opinions please. 91645
  9. Touch Devices

Touch Devices: I think the current release of 10 is geared more toward desktop user with mouse/keyboard support, but this has me interested in whether to install 10 on my main drive sometime soon (after trying in VM) Has anyone with a Touch device installed it yet, mainly thinking...
  10. Setting Start Screen as default

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting Start Screen as default: Just downloaded Windows 10. So far early days, but... I am irritated by the "Windows 8" apps screen, set as my default. It shows all the tiles I need and seems to work well enough, but if (for example) I go into emails and then want to come out, I'm taken back to the start...