Start Screen is default on Touch devices

Discus and support Start Screen is default on Touch devices in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Morning All, I know there are not to many people who like the touch side of things, but I have just installed 10 on a touch device Star Screen is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by paulsalter, Oct 2, 2014.

1. paulsalter Win User

Morning All,

I know there are not to many people who like the touch side of things, but I have just installed 10 on a touch device

Star Screen is the default, looks exactly the same as 8
    Apps all launch maximized on the desktop (not the new full screen option)

Thought that might be interesting for anyone who has a touch device

*This is on a Laptop with touch screen

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

:)

paulsalter, Oct 2, 2014
  2. default-screen Win User

My computer is stuck like this when I'm back at safe mode and normal +

It's seems that my computer fixed the problem, I'll fix the network problem..

default-screen, Oct 2, 2014
  3. default-screen Win User
    My computer is stuck like this when I'm back at safe mode and normal +

no internet networks showing up when I click the taskbar icon, and it's frozen, what can I do?

I haven't been on it since October 2015...

Start Screen is default on Touch devices dfaffa63-bddc-47d3-bf3f-db811316b6bc.jpg

default-screen, Oct 2, 2014
  4. kjv1611 Win User

Sounds interesting. I wonder if they will allow that to be user configurable, and not just 100% based on hardware. For instance, if I had a touch-screen laptop or desktop, which one day I imagine I will, then I'd still rather start in desktop mode, but might at some point decide I want to change to starting at the "start screen".

kjv1611, Oct 2, 2014
  5. paulsalter Win User
    It can be changed, but you need to log off/on, seems to detect what is best for your machine and default to it

I have been looking at the new start menu recently and that works fine

paulsalter, Oct 2, 2014
  6. Pops1 Win User
    I had something similar. Solved it but I don' remember how. And it's only been 2 days.Maybe try this :Go to 'Settings", Choose 'System', in there choose 'Tablet' , then turn off the button for tablets. Hope this works for you.

Pops1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Start Screen is default on Touch devices - Similar Threads - Start Screen default

2. No beeps when starting a computer with a black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    No beeps when starting a computer with a black screen: One of the members at our senior center has a computer that boots up only with a black screen and there aren't any beeps at all: LED lights are on. The owner has a system repair disc and noise can be heard from it spinning but the screen stays black. I recommended to the...
  3. Unable to start lynx7 tablet running widows 10. tablet starts but no touch screen working...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to start lynx7 tablet running widows 10. tablet starts but no touch screen working...: Unable to start lynx7 tablet running widows 10. tablet starts but no touch screen working...unable to sign in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/unable-to-start-lynx7-tablet-running-widows-10/bd7f5561-31f9-4eff-82e8-3184e7f8d5b0
  4. Blue screen of death when I play/start Fortnite, how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen of death when I play/start Fortnite, how do I fix it?: My GPU and keyboard drivers are completely updated. The stop code is: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 113991
  5. Disable windows being resized if a full-screen application starts with lower resolution...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable windows being resized if a full-screen application starts with lower resolution...: When using a 4K monitor (and a 1920x1080 besides it, but that most likely doesn't matter), and you start a Game for instance that runs in 1920x1080, that will force any window open in the desktop environment to be resized to 1920x1080 (and often moved to a new location)....
  6. Blue screen of death when I play/start Fortnite, how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Blue screen of death when I play/start Fortnite, how do I fix it?: My GPU and keyboard drivers are completely updated. The stop code is: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 113991
  7. Set all apps as default instead pined tiles in full screen start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set all apps as default instead pined tiles in full screen start menu: hi all , i haven't any tiles on start menu and i wanna use full screen start menu when i click start button its shows empty pined tiles screen cause i haven't any tiles on it can i modify start menu to show all apps instead pined tiles ? thx 98330
  8. Default Edge Start Screen or MSN

in Browsers and Email
    Default Edge Start Screen or MSN: Preface: I actually think the default Edge Start Screen is a version of MSN. I've been happily using Edge's default start screen yet am giving consideration to MSN's start screen. Opinions please. 91645
  9. How do I make the start screen the default when first logging in

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I make the start screen the default when first logging in: Sorry if this is a duplicate question, but I couldn't find it here on the forums, and other solutions offered on other sites have not worked. When I log in, I want to go directly to the start screen rather than the desktop and having to click the windows icon/button. I...
  10. Setting Start Screen as default

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting Start Screen as default: Just downloaded Windows 10. So far early days, but... I am irritated by the "Windows 8" apps screen, set as my default. It shows all the tiles I need and seems to work well enough, but if (for example) I go into emails and then want to come out, I'm taken back to the start...