Windows 10: Still listed in the notification area

Discus and support Still listed in the notification area in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I had to uninstall an A/V program because I am using another one. I went in to my System > Notification & actions > clicked on Select which icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AirPower4ever, May 14, 2016.

1. Still listed in the notification area

So I had to uninstall an A/V program because I am using another one. I went in to my System > Notification & actions > clicked on Select which icons appear on the taskbar and down on the list the A/V is still there though it has no icon picture; just a blue square box. My new A/V is listed and doing just fine.

Is there something that Windows 10 does that clears out any old remnant of programs listed here that I can run?

:)

AirPower4ever, May 14, 2016
  2. MelanieG Win User

Unknown app listed in notification area (appears to be registry key)

Thank you for your reply.

MelanieG, May 14, 2016
  3. G.Ilex Win User
    Unknown app listed in notification area (appears to be registry key)

@ Ian Sal,

Your reply is actually way off-topic!

The Topic starter is talking about a Lumia 950XL.

@MelanieG:

That is a Known issue/bug with Windows 10 mobile. this is as you mentioned actually the Gestures & Touch app

There a few apps (internal things like the Gadgets app,Gestures & Touch app, Groove etc etc) that can cause these cryptic description under the notification settings.

It's does show on my 950's and 950XLs running production and insider builds also.

G.Ilex, May 14, 2016
  4. mrgeek Win User

Still listed in the notification area

If you just uninstalled, if R-click and 'Unpin from taskbar' doesn't do it, just try to restart or shut down and restart.

mrgeek, May 14, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, May 14, 2016
  6. Thanks Brink, that did it. Nice and clean again, worked like a charm.

Again, thanks

AirPower4ever, May 15, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Still listed in the notification area

1. Still listed in the notification area - Similar Threads - Still listed notification

2. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification Area: How Do You Unlock The Icons In The Notification Area So Can Display Them On The Taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/57fbfb99-1aec-4126-873e-3c9205e1adf4
  3. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification Area: How Do You Unlock The Icons In The Notification Area So Can Display Them On The Taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/57fbfb99-1aec-4126-873e-3c9205e1adf4
  4. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. notification area not working

notification area not working: my action center, sound option, battery option, calendar option, wifi option which are on the right corner of thetaskbar are not opening even after clicking millions of times...
  6. Any way to turn the Notifications area into a To-Do list?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to turn the Notifications area into a To-Do list?: I like having a pop-up in the bottom right of the screen, but have never found notifications useful. Is there a way to turn it into a to-do list? As in, just a simple area for entering text? submitted by /u/Alfred_Brendel [link] [comments]...
  7. notification area.

notification area.: Hi, I was wondering if it were possible too view my notifications on the left side of my screen as my task bar in down my left side. Any help would be welcomed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/26b98150-31c3-4808-b6d4-0cfc5d03f53d
  8. Notification area inconsistencies

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification area inconsistencies: Hello: My Notification area shows four application icons, and there is no problems with them. When I click the ^ icon, I see 13 icons, all of which I have identified. No problem there either. Then, I right-click on the task bar, and click Taskbar Settings > Taskbar >...
  9. icon in notification area

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    icon in notification area: my icon in notification area has grows legs and left it is missing . how do I get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/icon-in-notification-area/d449855c-35f5-4971-adc1-47e795376db8
  10. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area: Hi, Having more icons showing in notification area bug are still there and will disrupt the layout of the notification area and show white scroll bars with arrows but in another way and this is random one and just blinking not standing. Any one else having this issue...