Windows 10: Still waiting for my Windows 10 to come in.

Discus and support Still waiting for my Windows 10 to come in. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My sister in California is updating her system right now to Windows 10. I live in upstate NY(Albany)-when does mine come in? Carol 12402 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Carol5xy, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Carol5xy Win User

Still waiting for my Windows 10 to come in.

My sister in California is updating her system right now to Windows 10. I live in upstate NY(Albany)-when does mine come in?

Carol

:)

Carol5xy, Aug 3, 2015

2. I am still waiting for my upgrade to Windows 10?

Hi,

I can understand that must make you feel upset and we will work toward fixing this situation for you.

If you have any third party security software installed in the computer, I would suggest you to temporarily disable it and try the download again.

Disclaimer: If you have to temporarily disable the antivirus to install other software; you should enable the antivirus as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus
    software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to virus attacks.

If that doesn't help, place the computer in clean boot state and check if the issue persists.
    Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to Perform a Clean Boot? (Applies to Windows 10)

Disclaimer: Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" to reset computer as usual.

In addition, refer the help article by Andre Da Costa on How to download
    official Windows 10 ISO files

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 3, 2015
  3. I am still waiting for my upgrade to Windows 10?

Greetings Joy,

You as well as all the other places where people was asking for help all got the same link and it doesn't work.

My system was looked at and was said it was ok.

Then a download was done and then it said opening up the files and then it said was installing.

Well at the 25% mark with 77% at the bottom of the page saying installing or some such thing and I read the part that said would shut down and reload several times well when it reched the 255 mark it never shut down it never rebooted. Oh and the part that
    said it might take a little time to install was unreal cause after 12 hours I got disgusted and turn my computer off .

When I went on line looking for answers I came across several sites that had from any where from 2 to 4 pages of people asking for help and most of them wasn't helped at all with your reference to that link.

I tried several different ways to down load and install but no luck. So much for your link heme to get a copy.

You people at MS Windows needs to come over to my house and try all those things you asked me to do and see for yourself just how great it isn't working...

Southern

Oh I unchecked the box below about notifying me with a responce since none of what I was told to do worked.

The Southern Gentleman, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Aug 3, 2015
  5. Carol5xy Win User
    Carol5xy, Aug 3, 2015
  6. Tacit Win User
    Tacit, Aug 3, 2015
  7. AEM
    aem Win User
    If you need to ask then do the Upgrade method.

8. Ztruker Win User

You need to do both. The first one tells you how to download Win 10 and create a ISO or flash drive.
    The second tells you how to do the upgrade install.

Ztruker, Aug 3, 2015
  9. Carol5xy Win User
    I have 64 bit.- What is ISO? Sorry guys I am a newbie to computers. I want to make sure it goes right on the new computer.

Carol

Carol5xy, Aug 3, 2015
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    ISO is an image of a DVD that can be used to burn a DVD from and can also be used to make a bootable USB flash drive.

Go here:
    Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool - Windows Help

Right below the grey Note: box, click Show All. All the step by step instructions you will need are right there.

If at any time the upgrade/install of Windows 10 asks you for a license key, look for tiny print that says "Skip", "Skip this Step", or "Do this later" (or something similar). Click that and skip entering the key.

NavyLCDR, Aug 3, 2015
  11. To answer your original question
    basically, no one knows.

MS recently announced that it could be "weeks" before the Reserved machines all get their Win10 installs.

Mark Phelps, Aug 4, 2015
  12. JohnC Win User
    You didn't state whether you had reserved an upgrade. If you have, it will eventually show up. That might be the hardest but safest route. If you haven't reserved an upgrade there should be a windows icon on the right side of the tool bar, just click on that to get going. Otherwise you might need the install some updates to get the windows icon to appear.

JohnC, Aug 4, 2015
  13. Carol5xy Win User

Yes, I reserved mine quite a while ago. I will wait for it to make sure it goes right. I do have that white windows icon. What happens when it is ready? does it change color? I work the night shift at the hospital here and before I go to work I shut down my computer and when i get home in the am I turn it on to check my email, etc. I go to bed at 9am and get up at 4pm as that is my nighttime sleep. I shut down the computer at 9am and turn it back on when I get up.

Will some sort of flag come on -instead of the white windows logo in the corner-when it is ready?

Carol5xy, Aug 4, 2015
  14. JohnC Win User
    I don't know what the notification looks like, some sort of pop up box I guess. Once the upgrade is ready you can install it at your convenience, and have until next July 28th to do it. If you click on the windows icon on the right in the toolbar it will tell you where you are in the process. Not enough information for my taste, but it is something.

JohnC, Aug 4, 2015
  15. Carol5xy Win User
    Thank you. I will wait up to a couple weeks for my upgrade to come in. If it hasn't by then I may do it myself. Hope it is in by then.
    but, by waiting I am seeing how it is going with other people.

Carol

Carol5xy, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Still waiting for my Windows 10 to come in. - Similar Threads - Still waiting

2. We are still waiting for individual tiles in the task bar. Is Microsoft listening? Why...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We are still waiting for individual tiles in the task bar. Is Microsoft listening? Why...: Is Microsoft listening? Why aren't at least responding? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-are-still-waiting-for-individual-tiles-in-the/13f1e2fc-55d3-44b4-8da2-28f4cfa38d69
  3. We are still waiting for individual tiles in the task bar. Is Microsoft listening? Why...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We are still waiting for individual tiles in the task bar. Is Microsoft listening? Why...: Is Microsoft listening? Why aren't at least responding? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-are-still-waiting-for-individual-tiles-in-the/13f1e2fc-55d3-44b4-8da2-28f4cfa38d69
  4. Waited more than 24 hours for a mistyped password and still cannot login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Waited more than 24 hours for a mistyped password and still cannot login: Hello there,A friend of mine has a computer with a single login method: MS account password.The password was mistyped because of a mismatch with an uppercase letter, and Windows says we need to wait for 2 hours before being able to login.However, the PC was up for more than 2...
  5. Waited more than 24 hours for a mistyped password and still cannot login

Waited more than 24 hours for a mistyped password and still cannot login: Hello there,A friend of mine has a computer with a single login method: MS account password.The password was mistyped because of a mismatch with an uppercase letter, and Windows says we need to wait for 2 hours before being able to login.However, the PC was up for more than 2...
  6. STILL waiting for answers about external DVD not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STILL waiting for answers about external DVD not working: Sorry this is long, but it's my 3rd try to get an answer on this. It seems that I only get a response to my first post and follow-up questions are ignored even though the other person has been posting frequently for over a week each time.Recap of problemNo internal DVD drive...
  7. STILL waiting for answers about external DVD not working

STILL waiting for answers about external DVD not working: Sorry this is long, but it's my 3rd try to get an answer on this. It seems that I only get a response to my first post and follow-up questions are ignored even though the other person has been posting frequently for over a week each time.Recap of problemNo internal DVD drive...
  8. Thats error code shows Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If the issue still...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thats error code shows Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If the issue still...: Thats error code Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If the issue still persists https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thats-error-code-shows-something-happened-wait-a/a4c9b425-4603-44a1-8ec4-c98a815078b0
  9. Thats error code shows Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If the issue still...

Thats error code shows Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If the issue still...: Thats error code Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If the issue still persists https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thats-error-code-shows-something-happened-wait-a/a4c9b425-4603-44a1-8ec4-c98a815078b0
  10. Thats error code shows Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If the issue still...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade