Windows 10: Stop Mail notifications disappearing - is it possible?

Discus and support Stop Mail notifications disappearing - is it possible? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi I've just set up Win 10 Mail to check my email accounts. It works really well and I get the notification banner/sound just fine - which is OK for... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Willie Hecke, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Stop Mail notifications disappearing - is it possible?

Hi

I've just set up Win 10 Mail to check my email accounts. It works really well and I get the notification banner/sound just fine - which is OK for when I'm working on my PC, but what if I'm not?

The banner/notification disappears after a few seconds so I was wondering if there's a way to keep it active until acknowledged/clicked on?

I've Googled it but can't find anything on it. *Huh

Many thanks...

:)

Willie Hecke, Oct 24, 2015

2. Windows 10 start button

The start button has stopped working. The Edge and Mail icons have disappeared from the task bar and the Notification window won't open.

What's going on?

CarolCuevas602, Oct 24, 2015
  3. Mobile outlook does not keep e-mail

I have my e-mail setup. It sends and receives perfectly. My one problem is that mobile outlook will not keep the e-mail. I had a notification of two new messages and when I went to read, they were gone. I have hade numerous e-mail “disappear” never to be
    seen again. No I do not sync I use only Imap for send and receive. How do I stop e-mail from disappearing?

P.O.L. ****100, Oct 24, 2015
  4. Stop Mail notifications disappearing - is it possible?

Hi,
    Welcome to the forum

That's what the Action Centre is for, it keeps a list of these notifications until you either click on them or clear them

If there are new ones, the little speech bubble symbol in the system try will turn white, clicking this shows all your notifications

paulsalter, Oct 24, 2015
  5. Go to your taskbar on the far right, next to the time clock, you'll see a balloon with lines in it. Click it, and you can see your notifications there.
    *edit* Paul wins

DustSailor, Oct 24, 2015
  6. Thanks for the replies both...

I know what you're saying re: clicking on the icon by the clock to see your notifications; but what I would like to have, is that the notification for new mails (only) NEVER slides away, but stays in view all the time (until I've clicked or acknowledged it...)

Even if the Action Centre icon was to flash/change colour, or something, to take your eye that there's a notification awaiting your attention, it would be better *Smile

Willie Hecke, Oct 24, 2015
  7. You can increase the time, but not make if permanent
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...ndow-10-a.html

What would it do if you had lots of notifications and they where all permanently on the screen, the screen would fill up it used a new space for each

The action centre icon changes colour when you have new ones, white if new, clear if no new ones

paulsalter, Oct 24, 2015
  8. ARC1020 Win User

Stop Mail notifications disappearing - is it possible?

Yeah, the notification centre icon needs to be more prominent for missed notifications, especially for those who have the Taskbar set to Auto-hide. The icon just changing white is too low key for people like my parents, as they'll never notice it.

Maybe there should be an option to pin a 'Notification Centre' live tile to the Start Menu/Screen, which would show the number of missed notifications (much like the number of new emails with the Mail app live tile), where clicking on the live tile would then take people into the Action Centre.

ARC1020, Oct 24, 2015
  9. That helps a lot Paul - thanks!

I originally asked for the notification to remain for Mail alerts ONLY....for just that reason. But when I posted it, I had an error and must've missed adding that part again... *Smile

Once again, thanks for the heads-up on that - I'd never really noticed the subtle change in the icon's colour...a more prominent change would be better IMHO...

Willie Hecke, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Stop Mail notifications disappearing - is it possible?

1. Stop Mail notifications disappearing - is it possible? - Similar Threads - Stop Mail notifications

2. Mail app stopped giving notifications while closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app stopped giving notifications while closed: I have used the mail app for many years with no real issues.For the last few weeks, I don't get any notifications when the mail app is closed even with background app refresh on.I am using Windows 10 with all the latest updates and patches via windows update.I found other...
  3. Mail app stopped giving notifications while closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app stopped giving notifications while closed: I have used the mail app for many years with no real issues.For the last few weeks, I don't get any notifications when the mail app is closed even with background app refresh on.I am using Windows 10 with all the latest updates and patches via windows update.I found other...
  4. mail notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    mail notifications: how do I turn off new mail notifications? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-notifications/7b300845-cce7-4a6d-b1ca-de7083ead358
  5. Disappearing mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disappearing mail: I "lost" a long mail, just as I saw that it was the annual long chat from a friend. I went to click to enlarge it into the "read" window and it disappeared. I searched everywhere, although the deleted folder could be the only place for it to hide in Mail. None of the help...
  6. Mail notifications - Delete button possible?

Mail notifications - Delete button possible?: Hello, Is it possible to add a Delete button to Archive/Flag/Dismiss options on the notification for new mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-notifications-delete-button-possible/579139f8-e57d-4355-8d36-314d0823d18f
  7. Mail notifications

Mail notifications: I want to turn on mail notifications, I already configured the settings inside the app, but was unable to turn them on in Notifications & Actions settings, because I'm not allowed to press the button: Does anybody know how to change that?...
  8. Notification disappear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification disappear: After the ver.1809 update notification only shows the number in the taskbar, when I click the notification icon pop up the notification area but shows nothing!!!!!all the messages gone automatically even I didn't clear them!!!!!!!And feedback hub is Suck!!!!!!!why didn't I...
  9. Mail Notification

in Browsers and Email
    Mail Notification: I have two email accounts linked to the Windows 10 mail app. The pop up notification for one of them has a delete button and the other has an archive button. How can I get the second one to have the delete button in the notification? They both had it at one point and now the...
  10. Is it possible, notification sound??

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible, notification sound??: I would like to have a notification sound play once a file transfer is completed when copying and paste to a USB or other hdd. Is this possible? I have win 10 home x64 Any help would be awesome!!! Brian 44326