Windows 10: Change How Long to Show Notifications in Windows 10

Discus and support Change How Long to Show Notifications in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change How Long to Show Notifications in Windows 10 How to Change How Long to Show Notifications in Windows 10 The Action Center in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by throkr, Oct 5, 2015.

1. throkr Win User

Change How Long to Show Notifications in Windows 10

How to: Change How Long to Show Notifications in Windows 10

How to Change How Long to Show Notifications in Windows 10

The Action Center in Windows 10 collects and shows notifications and alerts from traditional Windows applications and system notifications, alongside those generated from modern apps. Notifications are then grouped in the Action Center by app and time. When the Action Center gets a new notification, it will briefly show a notification banner above the taskbar notification area to let you know.

This tutorial will show you how to change how long to show notifications above the taskbar notification area before closing in your account in Windows 10.

Contents
    • Option One: To Change How Long to Show Notifications using Settings app
    • Option Two: To Change How Long to Show Notifications using Ease of Access Center
    • Option Three: To Change How Long to Show Notifications using Registry Editor

EXAMPLE: Notification

Change How Long to Show Notifications in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Change How Long to Show Notifications using Settings app
    1 Open the Settings app, and click/tap on the Ease of Access icon.

2 Click/tap on Display on the left side, select how long you want to Show notifications for in the drop down menu on the right side. (see screenshot below)

The default time is 5 seconds.

3 You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Change How Long to Show Notifications using Ease of Access Center
    1 Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Ease of Access Center icon.

2 Click/tap on the Use the computer without a display link in the Ease of Access Center. (see screenshot below)

. Under the Adjust time limits and flashing visuals section, select How long should Windows notification dialog boxes stay open? in the drop down menu to the duration time you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

The default time is 5 seconds.

4 You can now close the Ease of Access Center if you like.

OPTION THREE [/i] To Change How Long to Show Notifications using Registry Editor
    1 Type regedit in the search box (Windows+S) on Start or taskbar, and press Enter to open Registry Editor.

2 If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes.

3 In Registry Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility

4 In the right pane of the Accessibility key, double click/tap on the MessageDuration DWORD to edit it. (see screenshot above)

5 Select (dot) Decimal, type in how many seconds (1 minute = 60 seconds) you want the duration time to be, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

The default time is 5 seconds. Entering anything lower then 5 seconds will still have a 5 second wait.

6 You can now close Registry Editor if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

throkr, Oct 5, 2015
  2. abgmann Win User

How to retrieve popup notifications

Here is a link for how to make the notifications stay up longer.

http://www.howtogeek.com/245836/how-to-change-how-long-windows-10-displays-notifications/

Here is another link for more information

http://www.howtogeek.com/223503/how-to-use-and-configure-the-new-notification-center-in-wi
    ndows-10/

However, I, too, do not see the history of notifications. That would be too easy and too nice. I am just told there are no new notifications.

abgmann, Oct 5, 2015
  3. How to show more notifications in Windows 10 AND have them stay.

I understand. I've done that probably 100 times over the last two months. Later in the day that mix of icons has changed. I select the 12 I want to see and then 8 are showing later. The only icons that consistently stay are Battery, Network, Volume, and
    Onedrive. Everything else is fairly random.

I added Slack and Skype this morning. Almost guaranteed they'll be gone tomorrow and I'll have to re-add them.

523fe817-cd3d-46d2-997d-4d16aa3dd293, Oct 5, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello throkr, *Smile

In that case usually the app's setting will override.

Brink, Oct 5, 2015
Thema:

1. Change How Long to Show Notifications in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Long Show

2. How to change notification banner

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change notification banner: My app notification banner looks like this [ATTACH] How do I change it to look like this [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-notification-banner/559b5c96-7c47-467f-aead-f4898979f07b
  3. WhatsApp not showing notifications on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    WhatsApp not showing notifications on Windows 10: WhatsApp is one of the popular messaging services in the market. They have introduced WhatsApp Desktop and WhatsApp Web. With WhatsApp’s desktop applications you can chat with friends, create new groups, receive notifications, all without even touching your phone. However,...
  4. Taskbar notifications not showing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Taskbar notifications not showing in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If Taskbar notifications are not showing in Windows 10 then this post will help […] This article Taskbar notifications not showing in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Windows notifications not showing, chrome notifications is

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows notifications not showing, chrome notifications is: [ATTACH] i had to reset my windows 2 days ago and i'm getting chrome notification's. my problem is i don't want chrome notifications i want the windows one that show in the action center. how can i do that?...
  6. Email notifications too long

Email notifications too long: Hi, I need help with making the change to the length of the new email notifications in Windows 10 a permanent change. Every day I have to go to the Settings > Ease of Access > Other Options and change "Show notifications for" from 30 seconds to 5 seconds. The change is not...
  7. Changes to Windows 10 notifications?

Changes to Windows 10 notifications?: Sometime in the last couple of weeks, the behavior of my notifications has changed. I still get the sound but I'm no longer seeing notifications slide in automatically, I always have to click around to actually see the notification and take action. My machine is...
  8. How long to wait for notification, to install 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How long to wait for notification, to install 10?: Waiting for notification from Microsoft to install Windows Ten. Files downloaded by Microsoft, are on hard drive, for a couple of days now. Reading info, says compatible. Just how long does it take to get the "good to go" install go ahead? More info says days to...
  9. App Notifications not showing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Notifications not showing Windows 10: The apps that i have like Mail, Calender, Twitter are not showing notifications in the action center for example if i've recieved an email theres no notification telling me i've recieved an email, ive looked in settings and went to system (Display, Notifications, Apps, Power)...
  10. Change how Long to Keep File History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change how Long to Keep File History in Windows 10: How to: Change how Long to Keep File History in Windows 10 How to Change how Long to Keep File History in Windows 10 [img] Information File History was first introduced in Windows 8, and has been improved in Windows 10. You can use File History to automatically...