Windows 10: stop Notepad from running at startup

Discus and support stop Notepad from running at startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Notepad opens whenever I start my Dell EliteBook. I want to prevent Notepad from opening at this time. I've tried using the Startup tab in Task Manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cynthia Rullan, Nov 11, 2016.

1. stop Notepad from running at startup

Notepad opens whenever I start my Dell EliteBook. I want to prevent Notepad from opening at this time. I've tried using the Startup tab in Task Manager and the Startup function in CCleaner. Does anyone have other fixes to suggest? I've attached screen capture to show my desktop after Startup.

:)

Cynthia Rullan, Nov 11, 2016

2. how to stop ntvdm.exe from running at every startup

How to stop "ntvdm.exe" from running at every startup

medhatnassef, Nov 11, 2016
  3. Karla Alm Win User
    how to stop ntvdm.exe from running at every startup

Hello,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform a clean boot. For instructions, click this link:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards.

Karla Alm, Nov 11, 2016
  4. stop Notepad from running at startup

cottonball, Nov 11, 2016
Thema:

stop Notepad from running at startup

1. stop Notepad from running at startup - Similar Threads - stop Notepad running

2. How to stop Edge from running as the startup program?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop Edge from running as the startup program?: How to stop Edge from running as the startup program or delete it permanently? Kind regards, Nenad 142152
  3. How to stop a windows-program from running at startup if it doesn't show up on startup tab...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop a windows-program from running at startup if it doesn't show up on startup tab...: I'm trying to stop snipping Tool from startup up at logon. I've looked through every service in the services-tab, every autorun entry on Sysinternals' autoruns program and checked "C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\startup". There's nothing...
  4. Notepad on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad on startup: I recently had to do a factory reset on my Windows 10 laptop. As a result, Notepad began to pop up on startup and display a message. I'd like it to not do that, but haven't figured out how to get it to stop. It doesn't show on the startup menu. I deleted the particular...
  5. Startup Run DLL error on startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Startup Run DLL error on startup: On startup, I get message "There was a problem starting C\:Users\rober\cnmss The module could not be found" I "x" out of it, and it doesn't seem to effect anything. Is there something I should be doing about this?...
  6. how to stop updates from running

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to stop updates from running: windows home edition 64 bit I occasionally disable windows updates from d/l to save bandwidth usage today I did that and it says stopping but after several hours hasn't. how can I spot it without using system restore? 127510
  7. USB stops everything from running

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB stops everything from running: So, there's this one USB that stops everything from happening. It's inaccessible by any means. The antivirus can't access it, control panel can't access it, explorer can't access it. It detects the USB, but everytime I try to click it, the program stops working. In the...
  8. last update stopped program from running

last update stopped program from running: Update earlier today has caused e-sword not to run. I updated from 7 to 10 in oct or nov and had no problems running e-sword I ran repair, no help, I uninstalled and reinstalled, no help. Windows says has problem and will notify me of a solution, (yeah right.) 50431
  9. Notepad open on startup

Notepad open on startup: When I boot up, reboot, Windows Notepad opens automatically with an error box "! Access Denied" - when I ok that it leaves a Notepad blank screen open. I close that and boot up is complete and I can work normally. Driving me nuts! any ideas? Cannot see anything in startup....
  10. Running as Administrator from Startup shortcut?

in Windows 10 Support
    Running as Administrator from Startup shortcut?: Up until now one of my programs has always run on booting up. Its shortcut is in my Startup folder. I have now re-configured the shortcut to 'Run as Administrator', for all users. It works correctly when d-clicked manually. But it no longer starts on startup. Is that to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stopping notepad opening on startup win 10

2. windows notepad opens at startup how to disable

3. STOP NOTEPAD RUNNING IN THE STARTUP