Windows 10: stop Notepad from running at startup

Discus and support stop Notepad from running at startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Notepad opens whenever I start my Dell EliteBook. I want to prevent Notepad from opening at this time. I've tried using the Startup tab in Task Manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cynthia Rullan, Nov 11, 2016.

1. stop Notepad from running at startup

Notepad opens whenever I start my Dell EliteBook. I want to prevent Notepad from opening at this time. I've tried using the Startup tab in Task Manager and the Startup function in CCleaner. Does anyone have other fixes to suggest? I've attached screen capture to show my desktop after Startup.

:)

Cynthia Rullan, Nov 11, 2016

2. how to stop ntvdm.exe from running at every startup

How to stop "ntvdm.exe" from running at every startup

medhatnassef, Nov 11, 2016
  3. Karla Alm Win User
    how to stop ntvdm.exe from running at every startup

Hello,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform a clean boot. For instructions, click this link:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards.

Karla Alm, Nov 11, 2016
  4. stop Notepad from running at startup

cottonball, Nov 11, 2016
Thema:

stop Notepad from running at startup

1. stop Notepad from running at startup - Similar Threads - stop Notepad running

2. How To Forcefully Stop Apps From Running On Computer Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Forcefully Stop Apps From Running On Computer Startup: I've had a recurring issue with 2 programs that run despite the fact that I have Run on Startup disabled in their settings.They DO NOT appear in:Settings --> Apps --> Startup,Task Manager -->Startup,C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp.I did recently...
  3. How To Forcefully Stop Apps From Running On Computer Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Forcefully Stop Apps From Running On Computer Startup: I've had a recurring issue with 2 programs that run despite the fact that I have Run on Startup disabled in their settings.They DO NOT appear in:Settings --> Apps --> Startup,Task Manager -->Startup,C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp.I did recently...
  4. How To Forcefully Stop Apps From Running On Computer Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Notepad open at startup?

Notepad open at startup?: Hi, I recently made my first purchase of my own refurbished laptop to learn with. The operating system on it is Windows 10 and I’ve only used my cellular phone to access the internet via tethering twice so far. Today, I turned it on and notepad was active in the bottom tool...
  6. Notepad open at startup?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Notepad open at startup?: Hi, I recently made my first purchase of my own refurbished laptop to learn with. The operating system on it is Windows 10 and I’ve only used my cellular phone to access the internet via tethering twice so far. Today, I turned it on and notepad was active in the bottom tool...
  7. Both Wordpad and Notepad have stopped running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Both Wordpad and Notepad have stopped running: when I try to run wordpad.exe, I get the error message "Unable to create new file" in a popup window. Same popup message for Notepad. Neither program opens an existing file. laptop windows info follows: Edition windows 19 home Version 2004 Installed on 6/8/2020 OS...
  8. Notepad error on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Notepad error on startup: Hi All, New to the forum and hoping for a solution to a small but annoying problem. I have Windows 10 version 1909 (OS build 18363 778) Each time I start up my laptop I get the following, notepad opens with the message C:\users\my...
  9. How to stop Edge from running as the startup program?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop Edge from running as the startup program?: How to stop Edge from running as the startup program or delete it permanently? Kind regards, Nenad 142152
  10. Notepad on startup

Notepad on startup: I recently had to do a factory reset on my Windows 10 laptop. As a result, Notepad began to pop up on startup and display a message. I'd like it to not do that, but haven't figured out how to get it to stop. It doesn't show on the startup menu. I deleted the particular...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stopping notepad opening on startup win 10

2. windows notepad opens at startup how to disable

3. STOP NOTEPAD RUNNING IN THE STARTUP