Windows 10: Stop Windows Edge from Running in the Background

Discus and support Stop Windows Edge from Running in the Background in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Can we stop 'Windows Edge' from running in the background? Should we? 15142 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by emeth, Aug 10, 2015.

1. emeth Win User

Stop Windows Edge from Running in the Background

Can we stop 'Windows Edge' from running in the background?

Should we?

:)

emeth, Aug 10, 2015
  2. Colincbn Win User

Stop Activesync from running in the background? (Vista, Mobile Device Center 6.1)

Does anyone know if there is a way to configure activesync/sync-center to NOT run all the time? I don’t like having a full taskbar (Notification Area), and I don’t see why I should have to run two processes 100% of the time for a function I use about
    .01% of the time. There are lots of devices that only load up the required software while they are physically connected, what about this one?

Right now I am manually shutting down the two windows mobile processes after every time I sync, but it’s a hassle and since all I use it for is email I might as well uninstall it and just set up my POP3 manually.

So if anyone knows if it is possible to configure the windows mobile software to only run while connected PLEASE let me know.

I am running Vista Ultimate and Mobile Device Center 6.1 with an HTC and Windows Mobile 5.0

Thanks.

Colincbn, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Stop Activesync from running in the background? (Vista, Mobile Device Center 6.1)

I'm just a little baffled so forgive my ignorance...

If nothing is connected, WMDC is not running and not using the CPU. So what is the issue? I would assume that it gets hidden on the task bar because it is not being used ... at least it does on mine.

Now if I connect a device, Windows communicates with WMDC, wakes it up and then it sucks some of the CPU up.

I know I'm missing something ... it has to be the lateness of the hour.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Aug 10, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

As far as I know.. it's not.

BunnyJ, Aug 10, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 10, 2015
  6. emeth Win User
    The 'BunnyJ'; a great name for a sail boat *Smile

Actually, when using CCleaner, it asks to shut down Edge before cleaning, (however, it skips cleaning it anyway).

emeth, Aug 10, 2015
  7. emeth Win User
    Thanks Brink; I have already done that.

Rechecking the 'Task Manager', it seems that it is 'Not' running in the background; at least not that we can see?

CCleaner utility seems to think that it is running but refuses to clean it?

emeth, Aug 10, 2015
  8. Faff Win User

9. emeth Win User
  10. emeth Win User
    However, the question still remains as to whether Edge is a security question as Cortana seems to be.

emeth, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Stop Windows Edge from Running in the Background - Similar Threads - Stop Edge Running

2. How to stop snipping tool from running in the background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop snipping tool from running in the background: When I start my computer windows 11 ver 22h2 the snipping tool starts and the screen turns dark. I hit the esc key and in comes up normally. When I try to type anything the snipping tool comes back on.* Moved from Community Center...
  3. How to stop snipping tool from running in the background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop snipping tool from running in the background: When I start my computer windows 11 ver 22h2 the snipping tool starts and the screen turns dark. I hit the esc key and in comes up normally. When I try to type anything the snipping tool comes back on.* Moved from Community Center...
  4. Edge running in background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge running in background: Since first getting this Lenovo desktop both Internet Explorer and Edge have caused my screen to go black as soon as they opened. This wasn't much of a problem as there are other browsers... The last two years no problems, but from about March and forward every time Win 10...
  5. How to stop Microsoft Edge from running

in Browsers and Email
    How to stop Microsoft Edge from running: I went Settings/Apps& Features/Microsoft Edge/Advance Options and turned them all off. However it must still be running because when I clean my temporary files there are more than 100 entries from Microsoft Edge. How do I shut of Microsoft Edge? Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version...
  6. Disable Microsoft Edge from running in the background in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Disable Microsoft Edge from running in the background in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge keeps running in the background. It, therefore, launches faster and is useful if you want to receive notifications. While Windows 10 keeps it in a suspended state, it still can consume some power and resource. In this post, [...] This post...
  7. How to stop Edge from running as the startup program?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop Edge from running as the startup program?: How to stop Edge from running as the startup program or delete it permanently? Kind regards, Nenad 142152
  8. How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running: Hello! How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running every time I start Windows 10? Thank you in advance, Nenad 136612
  9. Edge running in background

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge running in background: Why is Microsoft Edge running in the background? Is this necessary or a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/edge-running-in-background/3f945703-6d88-4779-a8c2-e5ff74accc2e
  10. Stop "Runtime Broker" from running constantly in the background

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stop "Runtime Broker" from running constantly in the background: How to stop "Runtime Broker" from running constantly in the background. Running win 10 Home 32 bit upgraded from Win 7 Home Premium 12707

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop edge from running in background

2. prevent edge from running in background

3. edge still runs in background privacy

4. how to stop edge from running in background,
  5. stop edge running in background,
  6. how to prevent edge running in background,
  7. stop windows edge running in background all the time,
  8. how to stop windows edge from running in the background,
  9. stop edge running in the background,
  10. stop edge from running in the background,
  11. how to stop windows edge from running in background