Windows 10: Stop Windows Update from downloading whilst on Mobile Data

Discus and support Stop Windows Update from downloading whilst on Mobile Data in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; We have come across some of our LINX1010 devices that are downloading Windows Updates whilst they are on a mobile connection and not Wi-Fi. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Stokesyboy, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Stop Windows Update from downloading whilst on Mobile Data

We have come across some of our LINX1010 devices that are downloading Windows Updates whilst they are on a mobile connection and not Wi-Fi.

I have had a look at trying to set the mobile data to be a metered connection to stop updates from going on whilst they are using mobile data but I can't see any options to do this, the only place I can find to setup a metered connection is under Wi-Fi settings.

Does anyone know of a way I can stop Windows Updates from going on whilst a device is on Mobile Data?

:)

Stokesyboy, Oct 18, 2017

2. connectivity

I'm having hardships connecting to the internet or downloading whatsapp media whilst using mobile data

panashechitauro, Oct 18, 2017
  3. MonaW. Win User
    Pause and continue / resume Windows Version 10 download

I would like to download the new Windows Version 10.

Currently, I am only having a mobile internet connection, which is very slow and also limited in terms of amount of data. When Windows 10 download stops because of the data limit, will it then resume where it stopped, or will it start from the beginning?

MonaW., Oct 18, 2017
  4. Gordon7 Win User

Stop Windows Update from downloading whilst on Mobile Data

Gordon7, Oct 21, 2017
  5. Hi,

I've just had a look but the mobile network doesn't show... Only shows 3 Wi-Fi networks in the area.

Talking to Microsoft support on Friday they advised to disable the Windows Update service and this will stop it searching. Only problem is that it stops defender updates as well. They mentioned that whenever there is a internet connection (Mobile or Wi-Fi) Windows will always look for updates and there is no way to stop it searching on mobile other than disabling the service.

Stokesyboy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Stop Windows Update from downloading whilst on Mobile Data

1. Stop Windows Update from downloading whilst on Mobile Data - Similar Threads - Stop Update downloading

2. Stop Mobile Hotspot from turning off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop Mobile Hotspot from turning off: I am running windows 10 on a work computer and we don't have wifi in the office. I can turn on my mobile hotspot on my computer to broadcast wifi so my phone can connect and not eat up all my data. Problem is it keeps completely shutting off for some reason. It sometimes...
  3. Windows 10 overuses mobile data when it is updating

Windows 10 overuses mobile data when it is updating: I have noticed that tethering mobiles data to windows 10 via wifi Hotspot depletes the mobile data quickly than ever. I found that windows 10 automatic updates was one of the main source, and even various Metro apps uses lots of data. How can disable them please help...
  4. Stop the removing of download from windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop the removing of download from windows: Hey gang i need some help on this one ! I started downloading the new W10 and in the middle ofit the computer shut off accidently, now when i turned it back on it wants to remove all changes it made ! Is there any way to keep it from this so i can finish the download of the...
  5. Windows 10 Overuses Mobile Data

Windows 10 Overuses Mobile Data: I have noticed that tethering mobile data to Windows 10 via WiFi Hotspot depletes the mobile data quickly than ever. Various metro apps uses lots of data. How to minimise data use?...
  6. How to stop Windows Defender Antivirus from downloading updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to stop Windows Defender Antivirus from downloading updates: I'm running WIN10 v 1909 and Avast antivirus. Since the upgrade to WIN10 v 1903, I've been getting an error message telling me Windows Defender Antivirus update(s) have failed and specifically - "..Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...
  7. Problem Whilst Trying To Download A Feature Update For Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem Whilst Trying To Download A Feature Update For Windows 10: HI I hope somebody can help? I'm trying to download a Feature Update to Windows 10 version 1809amd64 2019-03. I was told there's enough space on my memory stick, but needed to delete 1.96GB on Windows C. I then tried to delete some temporary files . As it said I had 4.20GB...
  8. How to stop Windows from trying to download updates

How to stop Windows from trying to download updates: Hi I have new PC running W10 Home and I have installed and activated Office XP on it. Windows Update is trying to install updates for Office XP but they will not download and a "TRY AGAIN" link comes up up when I click on it Windows tries for a few seconds then the message...
  9. How to stop updates from downloading automatically ?

How to stop updates from downloading automatically ?: I'd like to have updates set to download at users convenience or at a specific time of day. Is it possible in windows 10 ? 111691
  10. Updates and data reporting using Mobile Broadband

Updates and data reporting using Mobile Broadband: Before I return to 10 home version (reverted back to 8.1 for a few months), there are a few issues I can see and experienced when using the new system which need to be clarified/fixed before I go back to 10. Whilst it is fine using my home landline network to update a...