Windows 10: Storage not displaying properly

Discus and support Storage not displaying properly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I'm running into an issue where my storage is not displaying the proper amounts. I'd love some assistance as this is preventing me from managing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Blazingdragoon, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Storage not displaying properly

Hello, I'm running into an issue where my storage is not displaying the proper amounts. I'd love some assistance as this is preventing me from managing my storage on a nearly full computer. Image attached for refernece:

Storage not displaying properly c70cd91d-9bb4-41fa-a914-9189fdedbea4?upload=true.png

:)

Blazingdragoon, Feb 9, 2019

2. Corrupt cortana not displaying properly

As per my below image, when I open cortana the display does not look right. There are three options under "can I be of assistance?" (or one of the other sayings things it puts there) which only become visible when I hover over them. I don't believe this is the proper behavior. Also in the "pick up where I left off" section it just oddly shows icons of the program I was using and doesn't give the name of the file. I don't believe this is the correct behavior either. Clicking on one of the icons opens up a recent file.

I tried following these steps with no luck - Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Not hovering over any option:

Storage not displaying properly [​IMG]

Hovering over one option:

Storage not displaying properly [​IMG]

bobsagetfullhou, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Projecting to an external display

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Windows 10.

I understand that you are unable to use external display with windows 10.

This usually occurs if the video driver was not installed properly or not configured correctly.so I would suggest you to reinstall the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Uninstall Display Adapter drivers

I suggest you to uninstall the display drivers and reinstall them in compatibility mode.

To uninstall the driver, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type devmgmt.msc
    • Right click on the driver you want to uninstall
    • Click on Uninstall
    • Restart the system
    After the computer restarts, install the driver in compatibility mode.

• Select the setup file
    • Right click on it and click on
      properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select the operating system
    • Click Ok.
    Hope it helps, do get back to us if you need further assistance with Windows.

Arul_D, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Storage not displaying properly

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Storage not displaying properly

1. Storage not displaying properly - Similar Threads - Storage displaying properly

2. Display not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display not working properly: My laptop display worked perfectly using hdd, but when im using ssd it just goes black screen.When i connected it to externay displayon hdd it display both laptop screen and external, i tried to switch back to ssd but my laptop screen didn't work it's just displaying the...
  3. Email Not Displaying Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Not Displaying Properly: For a while now, some of my received emails have not been displaying properly using the stock email app for BOTH Windows 10 & 11. Instead of text & pictures, I'm receiving formatting code?.This doesn't affect all messages, but it seems to be consistent in terms of the...
  4. Storage not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage not working properly: I have installed an M.2 drive recently and it worked fine in the beginning. Recently I had a problem of it not being recognized and I reinstalled Windows. Both my new M.2 and my old hard drive do not seem to work properly anymore.The M.2 is supposed to have 331 GB of free...
  5. Storage not working properly

Storage not working properly: I have installed an M.2 drive recently and it worked fine in the beginning. Recently I had a problem of it not being recognized and I reinstalled Windows. Both my new M.2 and my old hard drive do not seem to work properly anymore.The M.2 is supposed to have 331 GB of free...
  6. Storage not working properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Powerpoint is not displaying properly

Powerpoint is not displaying properly: I have 2013 Microsoft Office Professional+, running Windows 10 Home edition 64 bit. I am attempting to edit a presentation. All of the slides which contain .jpgs appear a jumbled compilation of several slides as you can see in the attachment. I've tried repairing and also...
  8. Storage information not appearing properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Storage information not appearing properly: According to my storage 77 apps and features are taking up 187 GBs of space but I summed up the amount that each app takes and I got around 2.9 GBs. Does anyone know what is happening and how can I get rid of the excess 184+ GBs?...
  9. Drive not showing proper storage.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive not showing proper storage.: I recently upgraded to a 1 tb drive but it show the original storage, I have searched and the furthest I got was opening computer management and finding the lost space but I don't know how to fix it without making a new D: drive....
  10. Windows not displaying properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows not displaying properly: So this is how my windows appear. Texts are missing everywhere! It's close to impossible doing even just simple tasks. It's actually a good thing to have the names of the folders on the left side of the screen in this photo since they also disappeared as I was copying the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows drive storage not properly displaying

2. storage not showing properly