Windows 10: "Storage" only showing system drive

Discus and support "Storage" only showing system drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, I've got an issue with storage in settings, it's only showing my system drive on the PC. I've 7 drives in total and want to change where apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tungmeister, May 8, 2016.

1. "Storage" only showing system drive

Hi guys, I've got an issue with storage in settings, it's only showing my system drive on the PC. I've 7 drives in total and want to change where apps are being saved to but as storage is behaving as I've only got the one drive I'm unable to change to anything from "C". Anyone any ideas?

:)

tungmeister, May 8, 2016
  2. atikuruu Win User

5800 XM " General: System Error " on saving music file

WHAT CAN I DO NOW

atikuruu, May 8, 2016
  3. farby Win User
    my phone says " System Error " while i delete d broken images frm my phone memory...

Connect the Phone to PC and thru' Windows Explorer search for this file. If you find it Delete from there .. See if it works .

farby, May 8, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

"Storage" only showing system drive

essenbe, May 8, 2016
  5. I can post a screenshot but all the drives are mapped to letters fine and appear in "This PC" it's only in the storage section of settings that they don't show.

tungmeister, May 8, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, May 8, 2016
  7. essenbe Win User
    Sorry, I misunderstood the question

essenbe, May 8, 2016
  8. "Storage" only showing system drive

They're all Internal apart from one which is external. They're all NTFS formatted and I have no issues with accessing them via explorer. The issues is that non of the drives are being shown so changing storage location being enabled or disabled shouldn't come in to it. I've attached a couple of screenshots incase I've not been clear.

"Storage" only showing system drive [​IMG]

"Storage" only showing system drive [​IMG]

tungmeister, May 8, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The drives with a red line wouldn't show since they do not have enough free space to be used for an app storage location.

C would show since it's already the default storage location. I'm now sure why W is not available though.

Disabling app storage location would indeed cause no other location but "This PC" to be available for the "New apps will save to" option. It wouldn't hurt to use the enable .reg file in the tutorial to just make sure and to rule this out as a possible cause.

Brink, May 8, 2016
  10. shouldn't they still be listed under storage though so the user could see the disk usage? Also at least one of the drives in the red has 150GB available on it which would be more than enough for app storage?

The app storage location isn't grayed out and can be clicked on to produce the drop down list - I'd guess that the reason there's no drives to select in it is that "Storage" just isn't seeing all the drives in the computer for some reason.

tungmeister, May 8, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I noticed that they are all shared drives. I'm not sure if that may be why, but if you like, you might temporarily set to stop sharing the "O" drive to see if may appear as a storage location afterwards.

File Sharing - in Windows 8

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

"Storage" only showing system drive

1. "Storage" only showing system drive - Similar Threads - Storage showing system

2. My 1TB HDD drive shows only 33 mb of full storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 1TB HDD drive shows only 33 mb of full storage: Hi. Like in the topic I tried to insert my 1tb hdd drive back again and it shows up only 33MB of storage, not only in disk managment but everywhere u can search for it. Is there any solution for that? Thanks for replying and have a good day :...
  3. My 1TB HDD drive shows only 33 mb of full storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My 1TB HDD drive shows only 33 mb of full storage: Hi. Like in the topic I tried to insert my 1tb hdd drive back again and it shows up only 33MB of storage, not only in disk managment but everywhere u can search for it. Is there any solution for that? Thanks for replying and have a good day :...
  4. My 1TB HDD drive shows only 33 mb of full storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Hard drive only showing 4gb of unallocated storage when its 4TB?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive only showing 4gb of unallocated storage when its 4TB?: I took out a 4TB hard drive out of my imac from 2013 that had Linux on it. I plugged it into my pc and its only has 3.86GB of unlocated storage. so i tried to use some software to find any hidden portion but it showed nothing. is there any way to clear my hard drive. I have...
  6. Hard drive only showing 4gb of unallocated storage when its 4TB?

Hard drive only showing 4gb of unallocated storage when its 4TB?: I took out a 4TB hard drive out of my imac from 2013 that had Linux on it. I plugged it into my pc and its only has 3.86GB of unlocated storage. so i tried to use some software to find any hidden portion but it showed nothing. is there any way to clear my hard drive. I have...
  7. 3 Drives show up in Device Manager but only 1 Drive is showing up in Storage and This PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 Drives show up in Device Manager but only 1 Drive is showing up in Storage and This PC: Hey all,I've run into a problem that I just can't seem to figure out the solution to. I just finished building my first PC and have three disk drives, 2 SSDs, and 1 HDD. They are all identified in the BIOS.The first Samsung SSD 980 Pro 2TB is perfectly visible and appears in...
  8. 3 Drives show up in Device Manager but only 1 Drive is showing up in Storage and This PC

3 Drives show up in Device Manager but only 1 Drive is showing up in Storage and This PC: Hey all,I've run into a problem that I just can't seem to figure out the solution to. I just finished building my first PC and have three disk drives, 2 SSDs, and 1 HDD. They are all identified in the BIOS.The first Samsung SSD 980 Pro 2TB is perfectly visible and appears in...
  9. 3 Drives show up in Device Manager but only 1 Drive is showing up in Storage and This PC

10. Drive not showing proper storage.

Drive not showing proper storage.: I recently upgraded to a 1 tb drive but it show the original storage, I have searched and the furthest I got was opening computer management and finding the lost space but I don't know how to fix it without making a new D: drive....