Windows 10: Store app broken

Discus and support Store app broken in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Try How to Re-register the Store in Windows 10 This gives me an red error and doesn't work. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Berton, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Warkratos Win User

Store app broken

Warkratos, Jul 25, 2015
  2. Cliff S New Member

Were you able to get the whole script from the code box. I ask because sometimes it cuts a part of while copy & pasting. That's why I started posting without the box and just use bold text to show code. Here:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command “& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + ‘\AppxManifest.xml’ ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}”

Cliff S, Jul 25, 2015
  3. Warkratos Win User
    Same red error =(

Screenshot by Lightshot

Warkratos, Jul 25, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Store app broken

Try posting about it on that thread and maybe Brink(tutorial author) can help.

Cliff S, Jul 25, 2015
  5. You get that error when you don't run the Command Prompt as Administrator.

But, I ran the command successfully and still have a non-working Store app.

fireshaper, Jul 25, 2015
  6. Warkratos Win User
    I ran in admin mode, it says that '{$manifest' is not an known internal command.

Warkratos, Jul 25, 2015
  7. Just to be sure, you opened the start menu, searched for Command Prompt then right clicked it and said to Run As Administrator?
    The title bar should say "Administrator: Command Prompt".

fireshaper, Jul 25, 2015
  8. Warkratos Win User

Store app broken

Yes, but if it doesn't work for you, probably will not work for me.

Warkratos, Jul 25, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    Only need to right click the windows icon *Start to get it.

Cliff S, Jul 25, 2015
  10. Ah, thanks. I didn't realize it was there as well.

fireshaper, Jul 25, 2015
  11. You are running an elevated Command Prompt- right?

Try this

Launch an elevated PowerShell (right click, run as administrator ...)
    then run the commands one at a time

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore

this should return similar results to those below:
    Name : Microsoft.WindowsStore
    Publisher : CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US
    Architecture : X64
    ResourceId :
    Version : 2015.7.22.0
    PackageFullName : Microsoft.WindowsStore_2015.7.22.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    InstallLocation : C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_2015.7.22.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    IsFramework : False
    PackageFamilyName : Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe
    PublisherId : 8wekyb3d8bbwe
    IsResourcePackage : False
    IsBundle : False
    IsDevelopmentMode : False
    Dependencies : {Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00_14.0.22929.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe,
    Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.1.0_1.0.22929.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe}
    The information for the next cmdlet comes from the InstallLocation attribute (highlighted above)

Don't close PowerShell yet .....

Grab only the value for that field (do not include the attribute part -> InstallLocation : ) and paste it into a text editor (notepad is fine)
    the add \AppxManifest.xml file to the string and place quotation marks on the string (due to the space in Program Files); ex:
    "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_2015.7.22.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml"

Finally add the cmdlet and parameters before the string you just built
    Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register

In the Powershell window the entire string you created in the steps above.
    Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_2015.7.22.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml"

Sorry about the size - it's the only way I could make the entire string fit on one line.

Slartybart, Jul 25, 2015
  12. Slartybart,

Tried that and still have the same issue.

fireshaper, Jul 25, 2015
  13. Warkratos Win User

Store app broken

That command worked, but doesn't open my store app *Sad

Warkratos, Jul 25, 2015
  14. Berton Win User
    The only thing that worked for me is to use System Restore to the earliest created on 7/17/2015. Now just have to wade through all the updates since then and hope it doesn't get broken again, otherwise this computer will go back to where I got it, the recycle bin, a real shame as it worked perfectly with Vista and Win7 and Win8 [didn't have 8.1 on it].

Berton, Jul 25, 2015
  15. Last suggestion I have:

Try the control Panel Trouble shooter:
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting
    Press view all and select
    Windows Store apps

I'm not sure if this online trouble shooter works with Win10, but it is another thing you can try:
    Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter - Fix Apps in Windows 8

Slartybart, Jul 25, 2015
Thema:

Store app broken

1. Store app broken - Similar Threads - Store app broken

2. Microsoft Store and XBOX app broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store and XBOX app broken: Hello, i've had this problem for a few weeks now, and i've tried to fix it in multiple ways. Completely reinstalling the XBOX app and Microsoft store, using the built-in windows app repair tool which detected an issue, but didn't resolve it I have also used the SFC and DISM...
  3. Microsoft Store and Xbox app broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and Xbox app broken: when i try open the microsoft store or the xbox gamepass app it will appear for a second then immediately crash , i have tried redownloading both the microsoft store and the gamepass multiple times and the problem still remained...
  4. Microsoft Store and Xbox app broken

Microsoft Store and Xbox app broken: when i try open the microsoft store or the xbox gamepass app it will appear for a second then immediately crash , i have tried redownloading both the microsoft store and the gamepass multiple times and the problem still remained...
  5. Microsoft Store and Xbox app broken

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  6. Microsoft Store and Xbox app broken

Microsoft Store and Xbox app broken: So yesterday I wanted to install a game trough the xbox app gamepass and I got the error 0x000001, it didn't even start to install. After looking for solutions I found out that it has something to do with the game services app. The problem is now that I can't install the game...
  7. Microsoft store apps broken

Microsoft store apps broken: so i've been having a problem with the microsoft store where multiple microsoft apps won't update or install, i've got the error code 0x80070057. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-apps-broken/2d422ac1-9465-4dc8-b6d1-d027aa09f357
  8. Windows store and apps totally broken

Windows store and apps totally broken: Hi all, I'm writing because i've a problem with windows store and all the windows apps. One day all my windows apps stopped working, crashing on launch, so I tried to restore them from the "app properties" page, and they started working again for a while, but after 1 2 days...
  9. Microsoft store and xbox app are broken!

Microsoft store and xbox app are broken!: Everytime i would launch either apps they would keep trying to load but wouldnt work, i needed to reinstall xbox app but microsoft store had the same problem i tried resetting and try numerous different methods of fixing it, but still wouldnt work. is it a virus? did i mess...
  10. Windows Store and Apps Broken/Missing

Windows Store and Apps Broken/Missing: So, a few weeks ago, I started playing Rise of the Tomb Raider on Steam and every time I would exit the game my volume icon and my start button became unclickable. I searched the web for a solution and found a PowerShell solution. It worked, but it only fixed the problem...