Windows 10: Store Live Tile no longer works

Discus and support Store Live Tile no longer works in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The tiles work, the Live Tile doesn't i.e. the pictures that flip around on the tile. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by elbeasto, Oct 30, 2017.

1. elbeasto Win User

Store Live Tile no longer works

The tiles work, the Live Tile doesn't i.e. the pictures that flip around on the tile.

elbeasto, Mar 6, 2018

2. RUN+wsreset.exe or like winver, open Windows Search and type wsreset + enter.

ws = Windows Store = reset

You can also try to reset all tiles with Shawn tutorial. This method works for me when a tile shows a down arrow or wrong title(s).

*Reset Start Layout in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

MikeMecanic, Mar 6, 2018
  3. Have you tried to reset tiles? If you're not comfortable with the method, then this one is easier. PowerShell admin mode:

Uninstall the store and unpin the remaining tile after.

Code: Get-AppxPackage *store* | Remove-AppxPackage[/quote] Reinstall the store that will be in the apps list after. Open it from there and see if it's working. If it does, then pin it to start and see if it's still working.

Code: Get-AppXPackage *store* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)'AppXManifest.xml”}[/quote]

MikeMecanic, Mar 7, 2018
  4. Store Live Tile no longer works

Then, try creating a standard account, logout and login to the second one. Do you have the same issue?

Plus, have you tried to run in command prompt(admin) this cmd line?

sfc /scannow

Also, run Maintenance(Control Panel>Security & Maintenance>Maintenance>Run it) to see if you can get rid of the bug.

Otherwise, if none of the above returns a positive result, we should try a full reset of the Start Menu.

MikeMecanic, Mar 7, 2018
  5. Indeed, sfc scannow never finds anything*Smile Now things are clearer. Is store tile animation a bug? One thing sure is that it interferes with our habits.

A full reset is not the same ball game: The Start Menu area is set the way it is after a clean install. All tiles and all MS Apps are reinstalled one by one in PowerShell.

MS knows the bug you have, the title is strong enough to reach the second floor. Still, the main goal of a thread is to mark it solved. We never wait after MS here, most of the time we never give up.

It's up to you!

Edit: If they have changed the tile icon, enabling a second user account may tell if the icon cache database is corrupt or not.

Thumbnail and Icon Cache Rebuilder for Windows 10

MikeMecanic, Mar 7, 2018
  6. elbeasto Win User
    It's a bug, albeit aesthetic.

I've done several clean installs of 1703 and 1709, exact same behavior.

While MS are working on it, my workaround actually works yet everyone is determined to ignore that and post several methods that don't.

elbeasto, Mar 7, 2018
  7. lx07 Win User
    Why did you delete them?

It wasn't working for me, set up as live tile but not updating the picture. I then went to featured app in the store as you suggested, then ran wsreset and it started working.

Was that your steps? I did read them but I forgot what they are now and I seem to have only done 2 steps.

Thema:

Store Live Tile no longer works

1. Store Live Tile no longer works - Similar Threads - Store Live Tile

2. Photo App live tile no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo App live tile no longer working: I have both the original updated PHOTO app and the older version PHOTO LEGACY app. I have put both on my start menu. Until recently, the live tile on both worked correctly showing the pictures in their respective storage place. Now in January 2024, the original PHOTO app live...
  3. Photo App live tile no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo App live tile no longer working: I have both the original updated PHOTO app and the older version PHOTO LEGACY app. I have put both on my start menu. Until recently, the live tile on both worked correctly showing the pictures in their respective storage place. Now in January 2024, the original PHOTO app live...
  4. Live tile not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Live tile not working.: So basically I have my Microsoft Store application pinned to my start menu but I don't see the live tile working. I tried a reboot, windows explorer restart, making sure live tile is on, and gave it time yet it still didn't update. Any solutions?? submitted by...
  5. Live tile not working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Live tile not working?: Windows 10 home 64 bit, version 2004 up to date. I use Windows News Live tile in the start menu quite often, but for some reason it no longer shows a rotating news feed picture? I can still click on it and go to the news page, but the tile is dead otherwise. The tile is set...
  6. Microsoft Store tile not live

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Store tile not live: I have been looking for a solution to this issue for some months, I hope someone here might be able to help. Some months ago, my Windows store tile stopped being live. The tile (and the store) functions perfectly in that I can use it to download and purchase new apps. It's...
  7. MS Store live tile stopped working

MS Store live tile stopped working: The live tile does not display the products on the current version or release of the MS Store. 115543
  8. MS Store live tile stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Store live tile stopped working: The live tile does not display the products on the current version or release of the MS Store. 115543
  9. Live tile on store app no longer ‘live’

Live tile on store app no longer ‘live’: So yesterday evening / early hours (UK) time the ms store app received an update. It all works ok in aftermath except on every single machine we own the tile pinned to start menu is no longer live. Just the store icon now. We tried turning live tile off and on several times...
  10. Store Live Tile Not Working

Store Live Tile Not Working: Either doesn't work or works intermittently. Any ideas? 23218