Windows 10: Strange Problem

Discus and support Strange Problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I noticed a strange issue with my PC today. I am running Win 10 Pro (64 bit) and after I restarted my PC today, I observed the following things: 1.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nzyme, May 20, 2016.

1. Nzyme Win User

Strange Problem

I noticed a strange issue with my PC today. I am running Win 10 Pro (64 bit) and after I restarted my PC today, I observed the following things:

1. Some of the icons are missing on the taskbar. There used to be icons for Store, Calculator, Edge on my taskbar.

2. I also observed that when I clicked on the Start button, I did not see the Start menu window. Moreover, when I right click anywhere (on a icon, folder, desktop, etc.) it takes a long time for the context menu to show up.

3. I also have proper security software (Bitdefender & Malwarebytes AntiExploit). The system settings window too takes a long time to open.

4. It seems that anything related to the modern metro apps does not work. When I click on the search bar (at the bottom and search for something like Paint, Snipping Tool, I am unable to open the program from the search results.

What could this be? My PC used to be fast before this. I am running an entire system scan for threats as I write but really doubt this is related to any malware. Thanks!

:)

Nzyme, May 20, 2016

2. Strange Problem

Thanks hpolm, This will fix it. Thank You!

RussellBanks_779, May 20, 2016
  3. Strange Problem

Hi RussellBanks_779

Don't uninstall them. Go to storage sense. Move them to phone memory then insert new sd card and then again move the apps to new sd card memory from phone memory.

MCCshreyas, May 20, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Strange Problem

Its probably related to a recent update. First thing to do is a simple restart, it sometimes sorts itself out. If not then it would be worth trying a system restore to an earlier point in time when it was working properly.

System Restore Windows 10

philc43, May 20, 2016
  5. This thread helped me sort out my missing icons problem. I hope it does for you too.
    Notification Area Icons - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

PandaBrian, May 21, 2016
  6. Nzyme Win User
    I have reset my PC (keep files option) and now see drive errors sometimes. This happened earlier as well and I replaced my HDD with a new one (its just been a month).

Nzyme, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Strange Problem

1. Strange Problem - Similar Threads - Strange Problem

2. Very strange problems related to my touchpad on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very strange problems related to my touchpad on my laptop.: So the problems that are occurring don't actually have anything to do with my touchpad despite my question title. Honestly I just had no idea how to describe my question otherwise. The reason I know this doesn't have to do with my touchpad is, I tried using a mouse and turned...
  3. Very strange problems related to my touchpad on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very strange problems related to my touchpad on my laptop.: So the problems that are occurring don't actually have anything to do with my touchpad despite my question title. Honestly I just had no idea how to describe my question otherwise. The reason I know this doesn't have to do with my touchpad is, I tried using a mouse and turned...
  4. Strange problem. Lenova C940 Adapter plugged in = LAG, Internet Disconnect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange problem. Lenova C940 Adapter plugged in = LAG, Internet Disconnect.: Hello,I hope someone has insight into what is causing this issue and how to resolve it.I have tried all possible troubleshooting steps.The problem:It began approximately two weeks ago while playing a game.The game started lagging and disconnected me from the internet.This...
  5. Strange problem. Lenova C940 Adapter plugged in = LAG, Internet Disconnect.

Strange problem. Lenova C940 Adapter plugged in = LAG, Internet Disconnect.: Hello,I hope someone has insight into what is causing this issue and how to resolve it.I have tried all possible troubleshooting steps.The problem:It began approximately two weeks ago while playing a game.The game started lagging and disconnected me from the internet.This...
  6. Strange problem. Lenova C940 Adapter plugged in = LAG/DC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange problem. Lenova C940 Adapter plugged in = LAG/DC: Hello,I hope someone has insight into what is causing this issue and how to resolve it.I have tried all possible troubleshooting steps.The problem:It began approximately two weeks ago while playing a game.The game started lagging and disconnected me from the internet.This...
  7. Strange problem. Lenova C940 Adapter plugged in = LAG/DC

Strange problem. Lenova C940 Adapter plugged in = LAG/DC: Hello,I hope someone has insight into what is causing this issue and how to resolve it.I have tried all possible troubleshooting steps.The problem:It began approximately two weeks ago while playing a game.The game started lagging and disconnected me from the internet.This...
  8. strange problem where screen goes black windows 11 system still works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    strange problem where screen goes black windows 11 system still works: strange problem where screen goes black windows 11 system still works the drivers GPU restart shortcut does not work the only thing i found is connecting my phone as 2nd display i have seen windows works fine but seems all GPU Drivers crashed i manged to restart things back...
  9. strange problem where screen goes black windows 11 system still works

strange problem where screen goes black windows 11 system still works: strange problem where screen goes black windows 11 system still works the drivers GPU restart shortcut does not work the only thing i found is connecting my phone as 2nd display i have seen windows works fine but seems all GPU Drivers crashed i manged to restart things back...
  10. Very strange multiple graphic problems - Affects icons, background, repeated window...

Very strange multiple graphic problems - Affects icons, background, repeated window...: For the last week or so I've randomly sat down to a very strange display on my two monitors. I've attached two photos below. Let's go through the list:Icons on both screens are either missing or changed to something else. That includes the Recycle Bin on the desktop and the...