Windows 10: Stuck on build 14393: cannot update

Discus and support Stuck on build 14393: cannot update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am on build 14393 and I am trying to update to 14905 or 14915, but when computer restarts after trying to update I get a message that windows is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ThanosDJ, Sep 2, 2016.

1. ThanosDJ Win User

Stuck on build 14393: cannot update

I am on build 14393 and I am trying to update to 14905 or 14915, but when computer restarts after trying to update I get a message that windows is rolling back to previous version (my version 14393), without making the update. I tried through windows update, i tried also downloading the iso and update windows via iso and i tried updating via windows media creation tool. All efforts had the same result, which was rolling back to version 14393. Any thoughts? Must be a minimum hard drive space available? Cause i have 55 to 60 GB free disk space.

:)

ThanosDJ, Sep 2, 2016

2. Cannot update to Build 14393

Try updating manually using an Installation media(don't use the upgrade assistant, instead use Media creation tool)

Windows 10 Anniversary update would be rolled out in stages. So, it may take days to come down to your device. For immediate download follow:

Here
    is how to update to Windows 10 Anniversary update manually if you are having troubles with Windows update

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manual steps:

Download Media Creation Tool:

Download Windows 10

Select upgrade this PC:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stuck on build 14393: cannot update [​IMG]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or if you wish to save an ISO for future purposes like Re-Installation download an ISO(Select create Installation media)

How to download an ISO using Media creation Tool:

Download Windows 10 ISO File

When the download finishes, double click the ISO file and run setup.exe in the new window that opens. Here are the detailed steps

:How to do a repair Install using a windows 10 ISO

Another detailed article:

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/repair-install-windows-10-with-an-in-place-upgrade.7004/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 2, 2016
  3. Cannot update to Build 14393

I was trying to get the latest version Build 14393, since August 2nd. But nothing happens.

I decided to investigate at Windows update from Settings > update & security >windows update.

But it says -

My "device is up to date"

see attachment 1,

-and I have to click on Advanced options.

It says there is a problem with Windows preview builds ( !!! ???)

I clicked on Advanced, and the result was

see attachment 2

But the Restart button is not highlighted to click.

Please help

Dr. Abdul Rasheed. K., Sep 2, 2016
  4. Grizzly Win User

Is your version 14393 an Insider version?? If not you can not update to 14905 or 14915.These versions are exclusively, for now at least, reserved for the Insider. The standard version (official general release) is 14393.105 .

Grizzly, Sep 2, 2016
  5. ThanosDJ Win User
    Yes, if you mean about updates. I got them from fast ring.

ThanosDJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Stuck on build 14393: cannot update - Similar Threads - Stuck build 14393

2. Windows 10 build 14393

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 build 14393: I've been trying to update a laptop at work that is currently on build 14393 to the current. It just blue screens and then reverts to a working version. It won't pull WSUS updates until it's current. I've tried all the crap suggested in this article...
  3. Stuck on Win10 Build 10074; Cannot update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stuck on Win10 Build 10074; Cannot update: I am currently running "Windows 10 Home Insider Preview"; Build 10074. Today I received an error stating that my Version of Windows is outdated, and needs to be updated. It also stated that my pc will restart every couple hours, until it fails to start. I have tried using the...
  4. Latest Build 14393 No Extensions

in Browsers and Email
    Latest Build 14393 No Extensions: With Build 14393, I lost my Extensions. Had Lastpass and Amazon. They showed in the Extensions tab, right side, but weren't operable. I uninstalled them and now when I click on the "Get extensions from store", it open to a blank page. Were working before I upgraded to the...
  5. Windows 10 Upgrade Build 14393

Windows 10 Upgrade Build 14393: when trying this upgrade I receive, "C++ runtime error; Program C:\windows... BT\Sources\SetupPlatform.exe". I reply OK and it reverts back to Windows 10 before the upgrade. 65042
  6. Running build 14393

Running build 14393: When will it update to the newer build or has MS stop that? 87256
  7. disappearing hdd drives. build 14393

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    disappearing hdd drives. build 14393: My hdds randomly disappear from os . I have to reboot to gain access. Failing sata ports or build issue? 56939
  8. Cannot log on after sleeping machine for a few hours - Build 14393

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot log on after sleeping machine for a few hours - Build 14393: Just wondering of anyone has seen this issue. I reinstalled my machine with fresh copy of Anniversary build. One issue that cropped up is when I suspend my machine, usually for extended periods, I can't log back on anymore. I would get the password screen, I enter my...
  9. Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 build 14393 Virtual Machine Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 build 14393 Virtual Machine Update: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Updated virtual machines are now available with the latest EdgeHTML 14 preview build (14.14393). 57386
  10. Cumulative Update KB3176925 to Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14393

in Windows 10 News
    Cumulative Update KB3176925 to Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14393: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] We have released a Cumulative Update (KB3176925) to Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14393 on PCs and Mobile devices which will bring the build number to 14393.3. This Cumulative Update includes a handful of fixes: We have...