Windows 10: Stupid "Quick Access" shortcut on my desktop

Discus and support Stupid "Quick Access" shortcut on my desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I disabled Quick Access via WinAero and now there's a stupid "shortcut" to it I can't delete on my desktop. How do I get rid of it? 70120 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GuyInDogSuit, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Stupid "Quick Access" shortcut on my desktop

I disabled Quick Access via WinAero and now there's a stupid "shortcut" to it I can't delete on my desktop. How do I get rid of it?

:)

GuyInDogSuit, Nov 17, 2016
  2. m milic Win User

Can you pin a file (not folder) to the "Quick Access" in Windows Explorer - in Windows 10

My work around has been to install "quick launch" on the task bar (you can see how to do this online), then send shortcuts of the files i want to access to the desktop, then move them into the quick launch. That's the way i used to do it on windows 7.
    I have a half dozen excel files i use multiple times on a daily basis and this solves it. I agree that it would be great to be able to put files in quick access not just folders.

m milic, Nov 17, 2016
  3. loyall Win User
    Why does My Win 10 have three Desktop folders?

This comment is not relevant to me because I do not use Quick Access(Favorites). If I were to enable a Desktop folder in Quick Access, there would be four Desktop folders in my File Explorer. Three Desktops is

way more than enough for this user.

I think the correct answer to my question at the beginning of this thread is:

Win 10 is designed to have three Desktop folders (four if the user pins one to Quick Access) and all three are system folders that cannot be removed or renamed. One of them (C:\Users\(user name)\Desktop) is the actual Desktop folder. The second one (This
    PC\Desktop) is shortcut to the first. The third one (Desktop\This PC, etc) is not is not a desktop folder, but rather a super folder that would be more correctly called Namespace.

(and if you want to make a post of the above paragraph, I will mark it as the answer to my question.)

loyall, Nov 17, 2016
  4. Stupid "Quick Access" shortcut on my desktop

It randomly disappears and reappears. How do I get rid of it forever?

GuyInDogSuit, Nov 17, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Nov 17, 2016
  6. Well, I can't figure out how to get it back to the way it was before. Nothing worked.

GuyInDogSuit, Nov 21, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Did you have a restore point available dated before you changed it?

Brink, Nov 21, 2016
  8. tracit99 Win User

Stupid "Quick Access" shortcut on my desktop

I had this issue about a year ago after I used a tweak to remove Quick Access from Windows Explorer. The "fix" for this issue was stupid simple, but I cannot remember what I did. I do remember that it involved right clicking on the Desktop, but from there I do not know what I did (maybe Refresh). I no longer use the tweak and so I have not seen this issue recently.

tracit99, Nov 21, 2016
  9. Winaero Tweaker should have a 'restore to default' or 'undo changes' or whatever it's called feature, probably in the Menu

Did you try
    - Control Panel (Icon view)
    - Personalization
    - Change desktop icons (on the left)
    - Un-tick Computer
    - Apply
    - OK

Good luck *Smile

FrillyBits, Nov 21, 2016
  10. Nope. Didn't work. It randomly disappears and comes back.

GuyInDogSuit, Nov 23, 2016
  11. Edwin New Member
    If you disabled 'Quick Access' with Winaero Tweaker, you'll have to remove any shortcut pinned there, (1), have Explorer open with 'This PC', (2), uncheck items in (3) and clear Explorer history, (4)

Stupid "Quick Access" shortcut on my desktop [​IMG]

Stupid "Quick Access" shortcut on my desktop [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 23, 2016
  12. That was the first thing I did before disabling it. The icon still keeps randomly appearing and disappearing. Nothing makes it die permanently.

GuyInDogSuit, Nov 29, 2016
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

As a test, does the shortcut go away if you refresh (F5) the desktop when it appears?

Brink, Nov 29, 2016
  14. Artem93 Win User
    Right click on Desktop and Refresh or press F5.

Artem93, May 23, 2017
  15. Nope, it's still there. It randomly disappears then comes back again.

GuyInDogSuit, Jun 21, 2017
Thema:

1. Stupid "Quick Access" shortcut on my desktop - Similar Threads - Stupid Quick Access

2. Desktop shortcut missing in quick access toolbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop shortcut missing in quick access toolbar.: Hi! How do I add desktop icon or shortcut to a folder quick access toolbar? It went missing after a system update, I guess. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-shortcut-missing-in-quick-access-toolbar/87fa877a-171b-4083-9973-9b6067d82bea
  3. Desktop shortcut missing in quick access toolbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop shortcut missing in quick access toolbar.: Hi! How do I add desktop icon or shortcut to a folder quick access toolbar? It went missing after a system update, I guess. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-shortcut-missing-in-quick-access-toolbar/87fa877a-171b-4083-9973-9b6067d82bea
  4. Can't remove Desktop shortcut from Quick Access for one profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't remove Desktop shortcut from Quick Access for one profile: Hi all,I have a Windows 10 Education PC and on it I created 3 local accounts. One is local admin, and the other 2 are local regular users for myself - one for personal use, and one for school use. The personal profile, if it matters, is linked to my person Microsoft account,...
  5. Can't remove Desktop shortcut from Quick Access for one profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove Desktop shortcut from Quick Access for one profile: Hi all,I have a Windows 10 Education PC and on it I created 3 local accounts. One is local admin, and the other 2 are local regular users for myself - one for personal use, and one for school use. The personal profile, if it matters, is linked to my person Microsoft account,...
  6. Can't remove Desktop shortcut from Quick Access for one profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Quick Access Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access Desktop: Hello, everyone I just reinstalled windows onto my computer and when I click the quick access desktop from file explorer, none of the shortcuts and folders on my desktop show up. How would I fix this. Thanks in advance....
  8. Quick Acess's Desktop Shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Acess's Desktop Shortcut: So, I started to use Quick Acess and everything seemed ok. But the thing is that, the 'Desktop' shortcut isn't showing my own desktop. It's only showing my program/games icons. Can you guys help me? Right now, it looks like this: [ATTACH] But it should look like this:...
  9. Quick acess Desktop shortcut problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick acess Desktop shortcut problem: So, I started to use Quick Acess and everything seemed ok. But the thing is that, the 'Desktop' shortcut isn't showing my own desktop. It's only showing my program/games icons. Can you guys help me? Right now, it looks like this: [img] But it should look like this: [img]...
  10. Duplicated Quick Access Shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicated Quick Access Shortcut: I started having a problem with a shorcut of an app I uninstalled, I tried so restore the original using New Context Menu - Remove & Restore Default Menu Items - Windows 7 Help Forums but everything got ruined, now some shorcuts are duplicated, without name, and can't be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. get rid of windows quick access the most stupid feature ever

2. desktop quick access shortcut

3. stupid explorer quick access