Windows 10: Suddenly C: Drive in my right-clickmenu?

Discus and support Suddenly C: Drive in my right-clickmenu? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't know what exactly happened but just right now I have the C: drive in my right-clickmenu in Windows 10. How did I do that or is there more?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RingTailCoon, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Suddenly C: Drive in my right-clickmenu?

I don't know what exactly happened but just right now I have the C: drive in my right-clickmenu in Windows 10. How did I do that or is there more? *Think

I'm puzzled here, how do I remove this? (Shoo, you belong in EXPLORER!(

:)

RingTailCoon, Jan 22, 2018

2. I can't show my Windows system icon on my c drive. How to fix ti ?

Dear all microsoft team please help me. i am a windows 10 user. and i use it since 6-7 month.

but today suddenly i noticed that my System drive (C:/ drive) there have a system icon. that's a identification symbol of windows system drive. and all others drives are normal in look.

now my problem is since today... suddenly i noticed that this system icon is missing. and when i install my new windows . i rename my C:/ drive as windows-10. but now it's automatically turnLocal
    Disk (CSuddenly C: Drive in my right-clickmenu? :)

Now please help me to fix this issue. i think there is missing some system file. am i right.? please help me. Thanks All team

RakeshSarkar007, Jan 22, 2018
  3. My D: drive is gone

My Hard Drive D suddenly vanished today, it is not found even in the Disk Manager, only C. I have tried running programs that were installed on the D drive, but they are gone as well. I have
    tried system recovery without any luck.

I was playing a video game earlier today, which suddenly crashed and took 'Steam' with it. I had to log out of my user (on my pc) to fix it. After that, most programs (like Microsoft Word and the Battle.net launcher) had trouble opening and Steam right out
    refused. I thought my pc may needed a reset so after some internet surfing, I re-booted. My D drive haven't been seen since.

Help...

MathiasStig-Pedersen, Jan 22, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

Suddenly C: Drive in my right-clickmenu?

Which right-click menu? Start? Desktop? Taskbar? ...or something else?

A screenshot may help - the Snipping tool has a 'delay' function that's helpful in catching menus that would normally disappear when you click elsewhere..

5. On the desktop
    Suddenly C: Drive in my right-clickmenu? [​IMG]

6. It's still there... Heeeeeeelp! :'(

7. fdegrove Win User
  8. Bree New Member

9. spunk Win User
    You will have to edit the Windows Registry. Be sure to backup the Registry Key before editing it.
    In the Registry Editor. Browse to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Shell and delete the entry. How to Clean Up Your Messy Windows Context Menu

spunk, Jan 22, 2018
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello RingTailCoon, *Smile

Please go ahead and export the keys below from your Registry Editor (regedit.exe) as .reg files, and upload the .reg files here. I'll be happy to take a look at it to see if I can find this context menu, and post back a .reg file to remove it for you.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory

Brink, Jan 22, 2018
  11. I go right to Explorer (you know, the folders and stuff)

Lemme try fdegrove's solution, looks legit! *Biggrin

12. Well DAGNABBIT! It works! Thank you, fdegrove!

Suddenly C: Drive in my right-clickmenu? [​IMG]

Whatever I did or how it got there... It's gone now! *Biggrin

Last few days my PC is doing strange things but MBAM says all things are safe... (no viruses)... Hopefully I'm not being hacked or something?

13. fdegrove Win User

Hi,

You're welcome, neighbour.

Nah, that change in shellex is useless to a hacker. Just don't ask me how you got it there though....

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Jan 22, 2018
  14. Okidokie!reggie 1.reg Reggie 2.reg

15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    No need now that you have it removed. Great news. *Party

Brink, Jan 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Suddenly C: Drive in my right-clickmenu? - Similar Threads - Suddenly Drive right

2. C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL: Yesterday my C: Drive had 20.7gb free out of 110gb, but today suddenly it shows 6.7gb free out of 110gb, the available disk space keeps changing, like sometimes its 9gb sometimes its 6gb, i have used SFC /Scannow, Dism restorehealth, and i have checked if there is any virus...
  3. C Drive Suddenly appeared as Windows Drive instead of C.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C Drive Suddenly appeared as Windows Drive instead of C.: The system still works but why does Explorer show the drive as Windows now? See picture. This is on a Surface Pro 3 running Win 10. Is there some way to correct the label so it shows as the C Drive again?...
  4. C Drive Suddenly appeared as Windows Drive instead of C.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Drive Suddenly appeared as Windows Drive instead of C.: The system still works but why does Explorer show the drive as Windows now? See picture. This is on a Surface Pro 3 running Win 10. Is there some way to correct the label so it shows as the C Drive again?...
  5. C Drive Suddenly appeared as Windows Drive instead of C.

6. C Drive Partition Structure not right

C Drive Partition Structure not right: Hi,After fresh install my drive C has no system reserved or recovery.See below.Any advice?Should I reinstall?Thanks,Nick. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive-partition-structure-not-right/1b369352-f472-461e-ac4d-3be5a8952514
  7. C drive is suddenly full

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    C drive is suddenly full: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 (version 2004). Today I was using my laptop as I normally do, and suddenly I got a notification from windows letting me know it turned on Storage Sense. I found it very silly as I knew I had more than 50gb of free disk space on my C drive. My C...
  8. MY C- DRIVE SUDDENLY GOT FULL

MY C- DRIVE SUDDENLY GOT FULL: I am a Windows 10 user. Until yesterday my C- Drive had approximately 140GB free out of 199GB, but today suddenly it shows that 2.65GB free out of 199 GB. Then I opened the drive and selected all files and clicked on properties. It showed "Size: 54.2GB Size on disk: 54.7GB" I...
  9. C drive suddenly changed to E drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive suddenly changed to E drive: The computer wouldn't boot, after checking in the Command Prompt it became clear that the C drive was now the E drive. The computer won't boot (or even open in Safe Mode). What happened? How can this be fixed?...
  10. Windows 10 suddenly compresses my C drive

Windows 10 suddenly compresses my C drive: Hello, Yesterday, out of nowhere, after some updates, Windows 10 decided to compress my C drive. I didn't authorize it so why did that function activated. Also, in disk clean up, I have something that says "compress your OS drive". I want to turn this off and have...