Windows 10: Surface Book 2 - Battery Life (In Hours) Issue

Discus and support Surface Book 2 - Battery Life (In Hours) Issue in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; On my Surface, when I hovered over the battery tab on the taskbar it showed me the percentage of how much is left and how many hours I had left.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Connor Machin, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Surface Book 2 - Battery Life (In Hours) Issue

On my Surface, when I hovered over the battery tab on the taskbar it showed me the percentage of how much is left and how many hours I had left. Unfortuantly, my laptop only displays the percentage, not how any hours are left anymore. I have tried everything from drivers and updates and still nothing.

:)

Connor Machin, Dec 29, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Surface Book 2 now available

Source: 5 reasons you'll love Surface Book 2 - Microsoft Devices Blog

Brink, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Shawn Win User
    Surface Book battery drain while turned off

As the title describes, it happened this morning after charging it the night before to 100%, I disconnected the power source and had it on for a few minutes then turned if off. About nine hours later, I turn it one (without power chord) and it was at 33%!!

I ran a powecfg report and the cycles (~100) and watts seem normal.
    I ran a sleep study and it showed a "abnormal shutdown" around the time I turned it on. Info is below.

The system is up to date per its own autoupdater.

Any suggestions?

Time before the event (power report)

Surface Book 2 - Battery Life (In Hours) Issue [​IMG]

(sleep report):

Details of the event:

thank you,

Surface Book
    i5, 8Gb, Nvidia

Shawn, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Surface Book 2 - Battery Life (In Hours) Issue

Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Surface Book 2 - Battery Life (In Hours) Issue

1. Surface Book 2 - Battery Life (In Hours) Issue - Similar Threads - Surface Book Battery

2. Surface book 2 battery not charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface book 2 battery not charging: Hello,Unfortunately there was coffee spilled on the surface book. We let it dry and started a couple days later. Everything works fine, but the battery won't charge, it works if it's connected though.When we disconnect the tablet, we can charge the tablet battery, but not the...
  3. Surface book 2 battery not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface book 2 battery not charging: Hello,Unfortunately there was coffee spilled on the surface book. We let it dry and started a couple days later. Everything works fine, but the battery won't charge, it works if it's connected though.When we disconnect the tablet, we can charge the tablet battery, but not the...
  4. Surface book 2 battery not charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Will there be a fix for decreased battery life on surface book 2 in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will there be a fix for decreased battery life on surface book 2 in windows 11?: My 1832 surface book 2 i7 gtx1050 had great battery life when running windows 10 at least 6-8 hours, but when I upgraded it to windows 11 battery life was only 2 hours. After a week I downgraded to windows 10 and battery life is back to what is was before.Will there be a fix...
  6. Will there be a fix for decreased battery life on surface book 2 in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will there be a fix for decreased battery life on surface book 2 in windows 11?: My 1832 surface book 2 i7 gtx1050 had great battery life when running windows 10 at least 6-8 hours, but when I upgraded it to windows 11 battery life was only 2 hours. After a week I downgraded to windows 10 and battery life is back to what is was before.Will there be a fix...
  7. Surface Book 2 Wifi Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2 Wifi Issues: Windows 10 version: 10.0.18363.836 Wifi Driver version: Marvell Semiconductor, Inc 15.68.17017.115 Seems as though I am not the only one with this issue. But I cannot reliably connect or use my existing home's wifi 2.4Ghz band or the 5.0Ghz band at all. Super low/weak...
  8. surface book 2 persistent issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    surface book 2 persistent issues: I have been experiencing issues quite often with my Surface book 2 this past month and a half. The issues consist of crashing. rebooting and browser issues. Chrome has been giving me issues and cant do work without an issues, id rather use this PC than my school one. I kept...
  9. Many issues with Surface Book 2

Many issues with Surface Book 2: I have been having many issues with my surface book 2 lately. Some of them are the following: 1. Random and continuous USB disconnect sound. 2. Overheating during sleep mode (specially inside backpack). 3. Keyboard sometimes stop responding. 4. The search stops...
  10. Cursor Issue with Surface Book 2

Cursor Issue with Surface Book 2: I have recently bought Surface Book 2; a week ago. Now I am facing issues with cursor disappearing making me chase the cursor and at times freezing. It is really annoying. As I do not use the mouse. Can anybody help me to resolve this issue? if this problem persists for a few...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface book 2 battery life issue

2. surface book 2 battery life issues