Windows 10: Surface Book 2: Cannot Not Delete Any Files on Windows 10

Discus and support Surface Book 2: Cannot Not Delete Any Files on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I cannot delete any files or folders from my desktop. I have quite a few word and pdf documents that are taking up space and I no longer need.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ajs12is, May 7, 2019.

1. ajs12is Win User

Surface Book 2: Cannot Not Delete Any Files on Windows 10

Hello,

I cannot delete any files or folders from my desktop. I have quite a few word and pdf documents that are taking up space and I no longer need. When I try to delete the files in file explorer I don't receive a prompt. It seems like it is ignoring my request.

:)

ajs12is, May 7, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

New Update for Surface Book 2 on Windows 10 April 2018 v1803 - May 9

Source: Update for Surface Book 2 (09 May 2018) Surface

See also: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4055398

Brink, May 7, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    New Surface Book 2 Drivers and Firmware Update Nov. 18

Read more: Surface Book 2 Drivers and Firmware (Initial Release) Surface

Brink, May 7, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, May 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Surface Book 2: Cannot Not Delete Any Files on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Surface Book Cannot

2. Surface Book 2 Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2 Ethernet: Hi I have a Surface Book 2 and a Surface Dock, recently my ethernet LAN just disappear not sure why. I have tried rebooting, surface diagnostic, change lan cable and tested lan cable in other device in it worked fine. but not on my SB2. I checked that there is no driver...
  3. Surface Book 2, Cannot turn on Camera with Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Book 2, Cannot turn on Camera with Windows Hello: I have a Surface Book 2. When I wake it from sleep to the Windows Hello screen it frequently errors, saying it couldn't turn on the camera. I can then click on "sign in options" and select facial recognition from there, which works. All my drivers are up to date. I have it...
  4. Surface Book 2 Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Book 2 Login: My buddy purchased his MS Surface Book2 a couple years ago. He always used facial recognition to log in. About a week ago, the facial recognition ceased to exist. He doesn't remember his Pin or Password. The hyperlink that says 'Forgot Pin' doesnt send me to another page...
  5. Microsoft Surface Book 2: Couldn't delete files

Microsoft Surface Book 2: Couldn't delete files: So I had purchased recently the Microsoft surface book 2 and I was super excited about it. Recently, however I couldn't delete some files and was having trouble with that. I tried deleting and it just didn't want to do as I said. Finally, took me an hour to figure out a way...
  6. Surface Book 2 will not reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Book 2 will not reset: I created a USB restore drive from my machine, reset the computer and the restore dies at 65% and then not able to do anything. Is there any way I can create another restore usb without using my PC since it now does not work? I even went as far as saying wipe the whole...
  7. Surface Book 2

Surface Book 2: I am trying to run Flash files on my Surface Book 2 and have had no success. I have downloaded adobe flash. Is there something I need to do? Does Flash work on the Surface Book 2?...
  8. instagram on surface book 2

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    instagram on surface book 2: While attempting to install Instagram on a new surface book 2 device, an error read that requirements were needed. Directx and more than 2 GB of ram were indicated as the need but the machine has 8GB and is on Directx v12. Do you have any advice on what we should do next?...
  9. Surface Book 2 overheating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book 2 overheating: Okay so I know the Surface Books have an issue with overheating. I absolutely LOVE my computer but obviously the overheating is an issue. Other posts talk about how its their screen that has the issue. I've even seen where the battery in the screen swoll up. My keyboard is...
  10. Can't delete or format partitions (Surface Book 2)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't delete or format partitions (Surface Book 2): So two days ago, I turned on my computer and it does not boot. I get a windows failed to start error 0xc0000102 [ATTACH] So I then attempt to install windows from my USB. I put the windows recovery tool on my usb and try to load windows 10 on to my surface book 2 I go...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to delete files on surface book 2