Windows 10: Surface Book 2 - SD card not recognized after Win 10 pro upgraded to 1903

Discus and support Surface Book 2 - SD card not recognized after Win 10 pro upgraded to 1903 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I upgraded my Windows 10 pro system to 1903 version. My SD card can not be detected after the upgrade. So I checked on the device management and guess... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by XiaohanQiu, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Surface Book 2 - SD card not recognized after Win 10 pro upgraded to 1903

I upgraded my Windows 10 pro system to 1903 version. My SD card can not be detected after the upgrade. So I checked on the device management and guess what? The USB reader driver disappeared!!!!! What a surprise!!!!!

So I went to your community searching for answers and solutions. And I found this problem happened since you guys release the test version. BUT IT IS NEVER SOLVED. Can you guys get my SD card reader back to work again please???????

:)

XiaohanQiu, Oct 17, 2019

2. New Surface Book 2 Won't Read from SD Card

Ok, this is for a surface book, but the steps should apply here as well:

Make sure your card is inserted properly,

Open Device Manager and look for non recognized device in Other devices.

Right click and use option "Update Driver Software..."

Go to Browse my computer

Go to Let me pick from a list

From the list, click on SD host adapters

Choose the last one: USB Mass Storage Device. Please do not choose any Related USB Card Reader devices.

Credit:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/for...

Give this a shot and let me know!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    New Surface Book 2 firmware versions for Windows 10 - Oct. 11 Surface

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

Brink, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Surface Book 2 - SD card not recognized after Win 10 pro upgraded to 1903

Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

Surface Book 2 - SD card not recognized after Win 10 pro upgraded to 1903

1. Surface Book 2 - SD card not recognized after Win 10 pro upgraded to 1903 - Similar Threads - Surface Book card

2. Win 10 1903 SD card issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 1903 SD card issues: Hi all, Common issue it appears but I've just done a clean install of 1903 and my SD card is no longer working. I've compared it to another user with the same HP Elitebook 840 G3 and I have the same driver and the card works on his machine. However he's running an older...
  3. New Surface Book 2 will not format SanDisk Ultra 400 GB SD card

New Surface Book 2 will not format SanDisk Ultra 400 GB SD card: I bought a Surface Book 2 (new) and received it last Friday. I set it up and it has all the current software and firmware. I have a 400 GB SD card on which are several movies and videos. It worked fine on my old Surface Pro 4. The SB2 does not have an SD card reader - I...
  4. Surface Pro 2 fails to install win 10 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro 2 fails to install win 10 1903: I have a surface pro 2 running windows 10 Pro 1809. The 1903 update was offered and failed to install. I have done a clean install of 1809 and the problem still occurs. Any answers?...
  5. SD Card not recognised in Surface Book

SD Card not recognised in Surface Book: I have inserted a micro SD card into my surface book using an adaptor but my surface book is not recognising it. When i go into device manager, and click on show hidden devices, i can see a generic SD card device under disk drives, but i can't get it to work. I have tried...
  6. Surface Pro 6, Win 10, SD card access?

Surface Pro 6, Win 10, SD card access?: Surface Pro 6, Win 10, SD card access? I cannot access same. I assume it not formatted is main reason (my guess). or - my 128 GB is too big? How/what driver (?) I need to add? Tocar...
  7. SD cards not recognized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SD cards not recognized: I have multiple computers that stopped showing SD cards. The file explorer doesn't see the cards and they will not auto open. Tried several cards, one computer says to insert a card, but when I do it doesn't see it. Cards are various sized Scan Disks and until today worked...
  8. recognize sd card?

in Windows 10 Customization
    recognize sd card?: Why won't my new HP computer with windows 10 recognize my sd card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recognize-sd-card/ef515805-90db-433c-bfe0-66bc3facf4b7
  9. Use SD card D drive for Upgrades. SD card not recognized for upgrades?

Use SD card D drive for Upgrades. SD card not recognized for upgrades?: I'm setting up a budget computer lab and I'm in possession of a bunch of windows 10 Mini pcs Z8350, with 2GB Ram and 32GB eMMC ss drives. These little pcs work great to a point, after some quick optimization, and migration of larger files and applications to a SD card D:...
  10. SD Card issue in my Surface Pro

SD Card issue in my Surface Pro: In my Surface Pro with Windows 10 O.S. , the add on storage (Micro SD Card) displays Storage Capacity ok (471Gb free of 500 GB) in This PC, but when i select all the contents properties of add on storage(512 GB Micro SD Card) ,it shows very less Storage used (i.e. 4 GB...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sd card recognized as keyboard surface book 2

2. sd card not recognised on surface book 2