Windows 10: Surface Book - after update screen goes Green/Red

Discus and support Surface Book - after update screen goes Green/Red in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Last week I was prompted to update Win 10. After the upgrade, my screen was displaying violent levels of green and red, alternating between the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Paul Banks, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Surface Book - after update screen goes Green/Red

Hi,

Last week I was prompted to update Win 10. After the upgrade, my screen was displaying violent levels of green and red, alternating between the two colours. It was also very hard to read as some of the display appeared to be negative.

If I went go Settings, Display, the problem corrects itself, but on subsequent restarts I get the same problem. I am unsure if the problem is my Surface Book or the Win 10 update.

Can anyone give me any advice please?

Thanks, Paul

:)

Paul Banks, Jul 1, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Surface Book - after update screen goes Green/Red

Updates for Surface Book - Feb. 23, 2018

Source: Updates for Surface Book (23 February 2018) Surface

See also: Surface Book update history

Brink, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

Surface Book - after update screen goes Green/Red

1. Surface Book - after update screen goes Green/Red - Similar Threads - Surface Book update

2. Surface Book Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book Black Screen: Hello, I’ve recently experienced the black screen after logging into my surface book. I’ve tried the methods listed under: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/sbs/windows/troubleshoot-black-screen-or-blank-screen-errors-79bcd941-5c32-5da9-9a99-9ed1a53b0d94I had a black screen...
  3. Surface Book Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Book Black Screen: Hello, I’ve recently experienced the black screen after logging into my surface book. I’ve tried the methods listed under: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/sbs/windows/troubleshoot-black-screen-or-blank-screen-errors-79bcd941-5c32-5da9-9a99-9ed1a53b0d94I had a black screen...
  4. Surface Book Black Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Surface Book goes to a black screen after latest Windows update

Surface Book goes to a black screen after latest Windows update: This is the problem: After the latest Windows update, my Surface Book goes to a black screen. After moving the mouse for a few seconds I can get it back, but it is very annoying. There are no connection problems, and nothing has changed since before I did the update. Also,...
  6. Red faced webcam - Surface Book 3

in Windows 10 Customization
    Red faced webcam - Surface Book 3: I'm using a top spec Surface Book 3. As of January 2021 Internal Front facing camera on all apps I work on Zoom mostly shows my face as particularly red. I am not that red and all other Zoom participants are not shown as red. So I have concluded after testing on other apps...
  7. Surface screen goes dark after driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface screen goes dark after driver update: after display driver update causes black screen then Have to go to boot in to recovery point and go with included Microsoft basic display driver. Brightness stuck on 100% No camera found it is built in No windows hello since no camera Battery drains 70% faster due to...
  8. Surface Book 2 overheating after update

Surface Book 2 overheating after update: I was forced to update my Windows 10 back on 10th June 2020 and after updating I have noticed a huge issue with heat. I have noticed my Surface Book 2 overheating with fans running so loud especially when gaming or when idle. This issue never happened before the update and...
  9. Red/Blue/Green Screen

Red/Blue/Green Screen: Hi, I have a student who came to see me today with a Surface Go device where the screen will randomly turn to a solid colour and then freeze. The colour that it turns to is based on whatever she set the Windows colour scheme to i.e. red colour screen means screen turns red,...
  10. Windows broken after Surface Book update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows broken after Surface Book update: I’m having a problem with my 1st gen Surface Book running windows 10, where I get a black screen with only a (moveable) cursor on screen for about 10 minutes, before the login screen is displayed and windows starts up. This happened before, and I eventually just gave in and...