Windows 10: Surface Book battery drain while turned off

Discus and support Surface Book battery drain while turned off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As the title describes, it happened this morning after charging it the night before to 100%, I disconnected the power source and had it on for a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shawn, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Shawn Win User

Surface Book battery drain while turned off

As the title describes, it happened this morning after charging it the night before to 100%, I disconnected the power source and had it on for a few minutes then turned if off. About nine hours later, I turn it one (without power chord) and it was at 33%!!

I ran a powecfg report and the cycles (~100) and watts seem normal.
    I ran a sleep study and it showed a "abnormal shutdown" around the time I turned it on. Info is below.

The system is up to date per its own autoupdater.

Any suggestions?

Time before the event:

Surface Book battery drain while turned off [​IMG]

Details of the event:

Surface Book battery drain while turned off [​IMG]

thank you,

Surface Book
    i5, 8Gb, Nvidia

:)

Shawn, Jul 18, 2018
  2. superjose Win User

Failing battery or draining issues?

Bang! Problem solved! I also posted this in Neowin: Do I have a failing battery? Or is a program draining the heck out of it? - Surface Pro 3 - Hardware Hangout - Neowin Forums

I was suggested to reinstall the drivers. Device Manager didn't expressed any anomalies, but reinstalling the drivers yielded outstanding results. The device now lasted 4 hours and 23 minutes. The last hour and 23 minute was with the device playing music in Media Player Classic with the display always-on at 100% brightness and the volume 80%.

Thanks for everything *Biggrin *Biggrin *Biggrin

superjose, Jul 18, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book - Feb. 23, 2018

Source: Updates for Surface Book (23 February 2018) Surface

See also: Surface Book update history

Brink, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Surface Book battery drain while turned off - Similar Threads - Surface Book battery

2. Battery draining while charging on a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery draining while charging on a game: I have just switched back to Windows 10 and 11 and it has not solved my issue with the draining problem I even went to support videos and websites with no solution is there any way you can help me?I have a Dell G5 5587 Sincerely, OJ1...
  3. Battery drains when turned off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery drains when turned off: I bought a HP 820 G3 that runs on Windows 10. I discovered that the battery drains when turned off completely. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-drains-when-turned-off/5ae56c7b-f9c7-4ec0-8ec6-8e1195c553a3
  4. Battery drains when turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery drains when turned off: I bought a HP 820 G3 that runs on Windows 10. I discovered that the battery drains when turned off completely. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-drains-when-turned-off/5ae56c7b-f9c7-4ec0-8ec6-8e1195c553a3
  5. Battery drains when turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Surface Pro 4 battery drained out while its off. Why is this happening?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Pro 4 battery drained out while its off. Why is this happening?: I am getting frustrated with this issue, really suffer. Further to the response by Edd in the post link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/all/surface-pro-4-huge-battery-drain-whilst-off/9ff401f4-d4b7-4ea6-8de1-54953d38f76c I do have the same issue raised by...
  7. Battery Not Charging on Surface Book

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Not Charging on Surface Book: I have a surface book with Windows 10. After my last update last week odd things started happening. The battery refused to charge above 20% and various battery power savings had been switched on that I didn't ask for. I've managed to switch off these savers and my battery...
  8. Battery Drains While Shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Drains While Shutdown: Split from this thread. I have a 2 month old HP envy. 2 weeks ago after an automatic update, I noticed that my battery is draining completely over night on either sleep or hibernation. Prior to this it was fine. This seems to be a common problem. Any advice...
  9. Surface Pro or Surface Book battery not charging

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Pro or Surface Book battery not charging: [ATTACH] Surface devices, especially the Surface Book devices are pretty complex. The Surface Book’s display can be taken off to be used as a tablet whereas the Surface Pro is a tablet which gets an external keyboard (type cover) and a [...] This post Surface Pro or Surface...
  10. Battery drains while on sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery drains while on sleep mode.: Hello, Since the win 10 upgrade i am facing issues with my laptop. Earlier when i used to put my Laptop sleep mode it doesn't used to wake up, so I used to power it off and restart it again, now that got fixed on itself somehow. and now new issue has come up, now my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 19624 drivers surface book 2

2. surfacebook battery draining while turned off

3. windows surfacebook battery draining while off