Windows 10: Surface book displays vertical white bars when starting up

Discus and support Surface book displays vertical white bars when starting up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This happened after i had selected 'shut down and update' - cant get past this screen. [IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GaryMcGuinness1, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Surface book displays vertical white bars when starting up

This happened after i had selected 'shut down and update' - cant get past this screen.

Surface book displays vertical white bars when starting up [​IMG]

:)

GaryMcGuinness1, Jul 22, 2018
  2. Bulldog Win User

Vertical White Bar in Notification Area After 14271

Immediately after upgrading my Insider's copy of Windows 10 to build 14271 I noticed a vertical white bar in the notification area. See the screenshot:

Surface book displays vertical white bars when starting up [​IMG]

As you can see, it has a little arrow pointing to the right. If I rest my pointer on the bar, no tooltip appears. If I click on the bar, it moves to the left and now the little arrow inside points to the left.

Any ideas what the heck this is?

Bulldog, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 March 7th 2017

Source: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...-7-march-2017/

Brink, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Surface book displays vertical white bars when starting up

Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Surface book displays vertical white bars when starting up

1. Surface book displays vertical white bars when starting up - Similar Threads - Surface book displays

2. Classic file explorer white vertical bars in dark mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Classic file explorer white vertical bars in dark mode: The File Explorer in Windows 11 has got a visual bug in dark mode which, when accessing it from the Control Panel by pressing Alt + Up Arrow some vertical white lines show up and remain on screen as long as the window is open. They do not disappear or turn black if that...
  3. Classic file explorer white vertical bars in dark mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Classic file explorer white vertical bars in dark mode: The File Explorer in Windows 11 has got a visual bug in dark mode which, when accessing it from the Control Panel by pressing Alt + Up Arrow some vertical white lines show up and remain on screen as long as the window is open. They do not disappear or turn black if that...
  4. Surface book 2 does not start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface book 2 does not start: The device, when turned on, on a black screen with the microsoft logo, displays the download as if it were an update, the download reaches almost the end, freezes, and the device reboots. And so in a circle. I can’t go into uefi, I just don’t go in holding the volume and...
  5. Surface book 2 does not start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface book 2 does not start: The device, when turned on, on a black screen with the microsoft logo, displays the download as if it were an update, the download reaches almost the end, freezes, and the device reboots. And so in a circle. I can’t go into uefi, I just don’t go in holding the volume and...
  6. Surface book 2 does not start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. White vertical bar flickers in my taskbar when I'm connected to my monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    White vertical bar flickers in my taskbar when I'm connected to my monitor: A white bar flickers, appears and disappears in my taskbar for a fraction of a second. When it appears, all my taskbar icons jump one space to the left, and the immediately jump back to the right.It's annoying watching my taskbar icons jump back and forth while I'm trying to...
  8. Surface Book 2 Wake-up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Book 2 Wake-up: My Surface book started deep sleep problem. Solved by unplugging my 25" HP monitor - TaDaa! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-book-2-wake-up/65001748-2d86-44e9-a47b-678b7cb620ea"
  9. Horizontal white bars whenever I start up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Horizontal white bars whenever I start up.: On Monday, I moved my desktop to my mates' house so we could game together. It was fine. On Tuesday, I moved my desktop back home. I plugged it bak into my screen and turned it on. The first few start-up attempts, my screen just said 'No Signal,' which made me think that...
  10. Vertical White Bar in Notification Area After 14271

in Windows 10 Support
    Vertical White Bar in Notification Area After 14271: Immediately after upgrading my Insider's copy of Windows 10 to build 14271 I noticed a vertical white bar in the notification area. See the screenshot: [img] As you can see, it has a little arrow pointing to the right. If I rest my pointer on the bar, no tooltip...