Windows 10: Surface book keyboard intermittently stops working

Discus and support Surface book keyboard intermittently stops working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My surface book keyboard intermittently stops working. I have tried updating and rebooting, cleaning the connectors, charging up the battery, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JDJones89, May 6, 2019.

1. JDJones89 Win User

Surface book keyboard intermittently stops working

My surface book keyboard intermittently stops working. I have tried updating and rebooting, cleaning the connectors, charging up the battery, and nothing seems to fix the issue. The only button that always works is the button that allows me to disconnect the surface from the keyboard. When I reconnect it the keyboard usually works again but will eventually give out once more. I've also found if I click the mouse repeatedly the keyboard will once again work for a short period . Any idea how to fix this problem??

:)

JDJones89, May 6, 2019
  2. I3C
    i3c Win User

surface dock ethernet disconnects intermittently

Hi This is my second Surface Dock (connected to Surface Book) The first one intermittently lost connection to my monitor. After many attempts to remedy I ended up solving the problem by replacing it.

The replacement is working ok with my monitor but now the Ethernet disconnects intermittently. Hopefully I don't have another faulty dock. Any suggestions?

3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, May 6, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, May 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Surface book keyboard intermittently stops working - Similar Threads - Surface book keyboard

2. Keyboard and mouse intermittently stop working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and mouse intermittently stop working: I have an ASUS UX430UAR I purchased in 2018. I'm having issues with the keyboard and mouse randomly bugging. When the problem occurs: neither my wireless keyboard, my laptop's physical keyboard or the windows virtual keyboard function. Also, the problem forces my wireless...
  3. Microsoft Surface Book 2 Camera stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Surface Book 2 Camera stopped working: I have a Microsoft Surface Book 2. I installed Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H today, and when I restarted, my camera could not be started. I have tried uninstalling all of my camera resources and reinstalling them. I uninstalled the update. Nothing works. In...
  4. Airpod connection to Surface Book Suddenly Stopped Working

Airpod connection to Surface Book Suddenly Stopped Working: I use a Microsoft Surface Book running Windows 10 Pro. I have connected my airpods to the computer via bluetooth for many months. Suddenly, approximately 10 - 14 days ago, the connection stopped working. I have tried: 1 turning off the bluetooth on my iPhone; 2 entirely...
  5. Windows 10 keyboard stops working intermittently

Windows 10 keyboard stops working intermittently: It is 2020 and Microsoft keeps copy pasting the same text that helps nobody, I have not found a single response "it helped". ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Method 1: I...
  6. Period key not working on Surface Book keyboard

Period key not working on Surface Book keyboard: Hey guys, I'm not sure if it was due to the latest update, but the period key isn't working, I have tried everything; updating drivers, rebooting, physical cleaning, and it does not work When I use the on-screen keyboard, it does work. I use this computer for work...
  7. Keyboard stopped working on Surface

Keyboard stopped working on Surface: Keyboard on Surface has stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-stopped-working-on-surface/3795ed95-50a9-4f66-a447-515a2847ab71
  8. keyboard intermittently stops working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard intermittently stops working: Can you tell me why the keyboard stops typing just out of the blue. It is very annoying. After we restart the computer, it works fine for awhile. Then back to not working....
  9. Surface book keyboard not working properly

Surface book keyboard not working properly: My surface book keyboard isn't working properly. The fn key is always on and when i press it nothing happens, and when i try to type anything the computer keeps inserting dollar signs into the search bar. For some reason on the on screen keyboard the shift key is...
  10. Windows Button stops working (Surface Book)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Button stops working (Surface Book): Hi, I have a Surface Book (8 GB RAM, 256 GB HD, Dedicated Graphics) with a random, re-occurring issue with my Windows (10) Start Button. It will just randomly stop working. By that I mean when I click it nothing happens... no Start Screen. If I right-click it, sometimes I'll...