Windows 10: Surface book keyboard not working properly

Discus and support Surface book keyboard not working properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My surface book keyboard isn't working properly. The fn key is always on and when i press it nothing happens, and when i try to type anything the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JeremiYamoah, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Surface book keyboard not working properly

My surface book keyboard isn't working properly. The fn key is always on and when i press it nothing happens, and when i try to type anything the computer keeps inserting dollar signs into the search bar. For some reason on the on screen keyboard the shift key is automatically activated. I even reset the PC and i still have this problem. Someone please help

:)

JeremiYamoah, Jan 6, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Jan 6, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Surface book keyboard not working properly

Updates for Surface Book - Feb. 23, 2018

Source: Updates for Surface Book (23 February 2018) Surface

See also: Surface Book update history

Brink, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

Surface book keyboard not working properly

1. Surface book keyboard not working properly - Similar Threads - Surface book keyboard

2. Surface Book 2 with AZERTY to QWERTY keyboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Book 2 with AZERTY to QWERTY keyboard.: Hello,I have SB2 with AZERTY Keyboard and I saw that it is not that hard to swap the physical keys on the keyboard, of course at my own risk. My question is if I do this, do I ruin my guarantee and if someday something happens to the laptop and a replacement is needed, can I...
  3. Windows Hello on Surface Book Not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello on Surface Book Not working: Hello all I have a surface book 2 and all of a sudden the windows Hello camera has stopped logging me on. The acutal camera is working but Hello is not. I have tried to remove fascial data but when I try to set it back up, camera and my face comes on the screen but all...
  4. Surface Book

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Book: I cannot install chrome browser on my Surface Book https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-book/cda81878-dcdf-4625-9a44-7fe9e31ab73b
  5. Camera doesn't work in Surface Book

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera doesn't work in Surface Book: Cameras are not activated and camera drivers don't appear to be present. The error is "No Cameras are attached." How can cameras be activated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-doesnt-work-in-surface-book/6ec33bcb-6865-4771-859d-4745dcf1cc49
  6. Period key not working on Surface Book keyboard

Period key not working on Surface Book keyboard: Hey guys, I'm not sure if it was due to the latest update, but the period key isn't working, I have tried everything; updating drivers, rebooting, physical cleaning, and it does not work When I use the on-screen keyboard, it does work. I use this computer for work...
  7. Surface book keyboard intermittently stops working

Surface book keyboard intermittently stops working: My surface book keyboard intermittently stops working. I have tried updating and rebooting, cleaning the connectors, charging up the battery, and nothing seems to fix the issue. The only button that always works is the button that allows me to disconnect the surface from the...
  8. Surface Book Keyboard not attaching, cannot type and finger pad not working

Surface Book Keyboard not attaching, cannot type and finger pad not working: Hello, I have a Microsoft surface book purchased in 2016. When I open the computer the screen indicates that the keyboard is trying to attach but then detaches randomly enough times that the comes an error saying that there is a malfunction with the device. The keyboard WI...
  9. Mute mic with Keyboard Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mute mic with Keyboard Surface Book 2: Where did the mute mic keyboard shortcut go? Every laptop I've owned has one, like the mute key. It is needed for web meeting in particular....
  10. Surface Book

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Book: can I download icloud onto my Surface Book and if so how? want to import pics stored there from my iPhone. tried to trf directrly from the iPhone but they are held as optimised files and don't have enough storage to de-optimised if that makes sense. hope you can help....