Windows 10: Surface Book now emits this horrible, eerie noise coming from Surface Book

Discus and support Surface Book now emits this horrible, eerie noise coming from Surface Book in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, So I've had a Surface Book for a couple of years (Windows 10 Pro, i5 8GB / 256GB), and it has started making this God-awful eerie screeching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Apalerwuss, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Surface Book now emits this horrible, eerie noise coming from Surface Book

Hi,

So I've had a Surface Book for a couple of years (Windows 10 Pro, i5 8GB / 256GB), and it has started making this God-awful eerie screeching sound whenever the volume is up. The noise goes away when the volume is lowered, and it gets louder when I raise the volume.

I actually don't know when this started, because normally my audio is channeled through a Surface Dock, and the audio setting on the laptop itself has been lowered. But yesterday, I unhooked the Surface Book from my workstation for the first time in a while, and when I increased the volume on it, this horrible feedback-type sound came out of it. It sounds like the kind of sound you get when you have a microphone and stand too close to the speaker / monitor.

To be clear, there are no other peripherals or inputs attached to the laptop now -- just a freestanding Surface Book, not plugged in to charge, and this noise is unbearable. I've also taken the laptop to another location away from any potential interference form other electricals, and the sound persists.

I've updated my machine to all the latest everything in case something was out-of-date, but it hasn't fixed anything.

I've looked for a way to share an audio recording of the sound, and I see no obvious way of doing so through this post, so I've found some random online tool that has let me upload it and share a URL. Hope that's okay: It is here: https://vocaroo.com/i/s0JGPRd1zyNr

:)

Apalerwuss, Feb 15, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Book 2 coming to all Surface markets

Source: Surface Book 2 coming to all Surface markets - Microsoft Devices Blog

Brink, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Surface Book now emits this horrible, eerie noise coming from Surface Book

Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Surface Book now emits this horrible, eerie noise coming from Surface Book

1. Surface Book now emits this horrible, eerie noise coming from Surface Book - Similar Threads - Surface Book emits

2. Surface book bitlock

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Surface book bitlock: Get rid of bitlock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-book-bitlock/07b906b4-91cb-4907-b351-c2c1ed5ac136
  3. undock surface book from dockingstation

in Windows 10 Customization
    undock surface book from dockingstation: Hello, is there a possibility undock surface book from dockingstation 1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undock-surface-book-from-dockingstation/bf9f73ec-dc50-4b86-85f9-4b31b26e9307
  4. Surface Book

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Book: I cannot install chrome browser on my Surface Book https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-book/cda81878-dcdf-4625-9a44-7fe9e31ab73b
  5. surface book camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    surface book camera: the camera is not working and not showing in device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-book-camera/c1f1ae7f-d81e-462d-b1d8-de0d1a01d72a
  6. Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2: I am trying to run Flash files on my Surface Book 2 and have had no success. I have downloaded adobe flash. Is there something I need to do? Does Flash work on the Surface Book 2?...
  7. Surface Pro or Surface Book battery not charging

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Pro or Surface Book battery not charging: [ATTACH] Surface devices, especially the Surface Book devices are pretty complex. The Surface Book’s display can be taken off to be used as a tablet whereas the Surface Pro is a tablet which gets an external keyboard (type cover) and a [...] This post Surface Pro or Surface...
  8. Surface Book

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Book: can I download icloud onto my Surface Book and if so how? want to import pics stored there from my iPhone. tried to trf directrly from the iPhone but they are held as optimised files and don't have enough storage to de-optimised if that makes sense. hope you can help....
  9. Surface Book 2 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Book 2 now available: Surface Book 2, the most powerful Surface ever, goes on sale today! Here are the 5 things that set Surface Book 2 apart from the pack. m0WhrRIqT6Y Starting today, you can get your hands on the most powerful Surface ever, Surface Book 2. We built this Surface for people...
  10. Surface Book 2 coming to all Surface markets

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Book 2 coming to all Surface markets: Surface Book 2 15” available for pre-order in 17 new markets starting today. m0WhrRIqT6Y Surface Book 2 is the most powerful Surface we’ve ever built, and customers love that they can run their most demanding applications from anywhere. For those of you who have been...