Windows 10: Surface book start menu and taskbar not working

Discus and support Surface book start menu and taskbar not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can hou please help me? I have bought a second hand surface book with clean win 10. Then I started it the taskbar, start menu and Cortana Is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by arnt gunnarpaulsen, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Surface book start menu and taskbar not working

Can hou please help me?

I have bought a second hand surface book with clean win 10.

Then I started it the taskbar, start menu and Cortana Is not working.

I have tried multiple fixes on Google but nothing helps, and I need the computer for my school work!

Best regards

Arnt

:)

arnt gunnarpaulsen, Mar 18, 2019

2. "Surface Detach" Icon Removal on Surface Book Taskbar

Hi,

As per the description I understand that you are trying to remove the Surface detach icon from the Taskbar on your Surface device, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to disable it and check if it helps.

You will have to disable the Surface DTX. Follow:

• Press and hold (or right-click) the taskbar and select Task Manager.
    • In Task Manager, select the Startup tab.
    • Check if the Surface DTX status is shown as Disabled.
    • Close Task Manager.
    • Go to Start
      Surface book start menu and taskbar not working f7c7fdba-6df5-43d9-a333-f8148a96bfa5.png
      , and select
      Power > Restart to restart your Surface Book.

Hope it helps. Let us know for further assistance on accessing the Surface device, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 18, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Start menu and taskbar not working.

Hi Deva,

Thank you for updating.

I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Hope the Start menu works after performing the steps suggested. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 18, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Surface book start menu and taskbar not working

Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

Surface book start menu and taskbar not working

1. Surface book start menu and taskbar not working - Similar Threads - Surface book start

2. Surface Laptop Go 12.4": No taskbar or start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Laptop Go 12.4": No taskbar or start menu: Just bought a refurbished Surface Laptop Go 12.4". The taskbar and start menu are nowhere to be seen. Is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-laptop-go-124-no-taskbar-or-start-menu/5de8a385-5662-4436-af84-d0969ac8a932
  3. Taskbar/start menu not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar/start menu not working: have Windows 10, it was working great since upgraded. Today I turn it on and now when I click the Start button or Windows key, the mouse just looks like it is loading, the taskbar flashes, and nothing comes up. I'm not able to use the search bar, and I can't right click apps...
  4. Taskbar/start menu not working

Taskbar/start menu not working: have Windows 10, it was working great since upgraded. Today I turn it on and now when I click the Start button or Windows key, the mouse just looks like it is loading, the taskbar flashes, and nothing comes up. I'm not able to use the search bar, and I can't right click apps...
  5. Start menu and taskbar not working on start-up

Start menu and taskbar not working on start-up: Hi there,I have a problem with my pc.When i start up windows 10, i can log-in and i get to my desktop, but my start menu and taskbar still need to load in for 5-10 mins. Ive tried resetting the pc, getting a new one and using windows 11 bypass TPM 2.0 and secure boot on...
  6. manage taskbar configuration Surface Book

in Windows 10 Gaming
    manage taskbar configuration Surface Book: Running Windows 10 on Microsoft Surface BookSB Given the small size of the screen on the SB, the taskbar becomes a critical resource for navigating to the windows of the various active tasks. I'm looking for a way to enlarge the area that displays the taskbar icons: SB...
  7. manage taskbar configuration Surface Book

manage taskbar configuration Surface Book: Running Windows 10 on Microsoft Surface BookSB Given the small size of the screen on the SB, the taskbar becomes a critical resource for navigating to the windows of the various active tasks. I'm looking for a way to enlarge the area that displays the taskbar icons: SB...
  8. manage taskbar configuration Surface Book

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Start menu and taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start menu and taskbar not working: My system has lately been experiencing issues with the Start menu and taskbar. When I power my device on and click on the Start button, the menu doesn't appear. I can right click on the Start button or press Win + X to get to my properties, but left clicking does nothing. The...
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu and taskbar not working - Surface Pro 4

Windows 10 Start Menu and taskbar not working - Surface Pro 4: Hi guys, I just got a Surface Pro 4. I was having no issues, until out of the blue, the taskbar and start menu on it stopped working, and now it's an empty, glitched taskbar [img] I tried to restart the explorer process (which made it worse), restart the machine...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows surface pro task bar

2. taskbar not responding on startup windows 10 surface pro 5

3. my surface notes task bar and start menu no longer respond