Windows 10: Surface Pro 3 resets with Bugcrash when going to sleep while in Dock

Discus and support Surface Pro 3 resets with Bugcrash when going to sleep while in Dock in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, Event Viewer has this at the time of the issues The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000009f... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by spinna2go, Jan 21, 2017.

1. spinna2go Win User

Surface Pro 3 resets with Bugcrash when going to sleep while in Dock

Hi all,

Event Viewer has this at the time of the issues

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000009f (0x0000000000000003, 0xffffd907989b3060, 0xffffb481bf4b3960, 0xffffd9079ad25010). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 832f3848-1d4e-4d78-8701-3897f55f6bf0.

log capture uploaded as required.

I have all the latest windows updates, and the surface was rebuilt 4 weeks ago.

any help appreciated.

:)

spinna2go, Jan 21, 2017

2. Surface Pro 4 Docking issues

I have a Surface Pro 3 and a Surface Pro 4, two docking stations, two external monitors, keyboards and bluetooth mice.

Up until two weeks ago, everything worked great. (since December)

Then, (after an update) the Surface Pro 4 monitor does not go full screen. There is a wide black border and it has to be extended each time.

I put the Surface Pro 4 on the Pro 3 dock and same thing. (Yes, they are the identical dock, monitor and keyboard)

Surface Pro 3 works great on both docks so it is not the docks, monitors or cables.

This is getting frustrating.

JackRodenburg, Jan 21, 2017
  3. RJ326 Win User
    Windows 10 Multiple display settings through docking station

I have a surface pro 3 with a docking station. Settings were set that when i inserted the tablet into the docking station I saw a duplicate screen on the extra screen....

Since i downloaded Windows 10, when the computer goes to sleep, the settings are lost.

How do i fix this?

RJ326, Jan 21, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello and welcome to TenForums *Smile

The BSOD is due to driver power state failure and the blocked IRP points to the Surface Ethernet Driver. Your current one is dated 30 June 2016 and I suspect they are the latest drivers and MS may not have a fix for this yet. If the problem only happens when the Surface sleeps you could consider changing the power settings so that the device goes into hibernation rather than sleep.

Code: >[IRP_MJ_POWER(16), IRP_MN_SET_POWER(2)] 0 e1 ffffcb890bbfa050 00000000 fffff802a8d2da00-ffffcb8901143f00 Success Error Cancel pending Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\msux64w10.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for msux64w10.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for msux64w10.sys[/quote]

philc43, Jan 22, 2017
  5. spinna2go Win User
    Hi,
    Ive tried every way i can find on google to enable hibernation, but all i have is an option to sleep.

Do you have any tips on being able to enable Hibernation in the OS?

Cheers
    Darren

spinna2go, Jan 23, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    Sorry, I should have explained...

There are two steps to using hibernation; first you have to enable it, then you have to add it to the power menu. Use the following tutorial, there are about eight different ways of doing it!

Hibernate Computer in Windows 10

philc43, Jan 23, 2017
  7. spinna2go Win User
    Thanks for the links.

So, basically followed every option here
    Hibernate - Enable or Disable in Windows 10

and Hibernate isnt in any power menu option.

If you have any other ideas, happy to hear them..
    I have all the right registry settings, not sure where else to go, but i guess i can just extend the sleep timer and learn to shut down when finished working.

spinna2go, Jan 23, 2017
  8. philc43 Win User

In that case your device does not support hibernate. You can check by typing powercfg /a in a Command Prompt window.

Surface Pro devices have probably been set up in this way - check your documentation for it.

philc43, Jan 23, 2017
  9. spinna2go Win User
    Thanks, doesn't support hibernation. Looks like I'm stuck with the issue until a NDIS.sys driver update

spinna2go, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Surface Pro 3 resets with Bugcrash when going to sleep while in Dock - Similar Threads - Surface Pro resets

2. Factory Reset for Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Reset for Surface Pro 3: My first post, so be gentle! Just got an oldish Surface Pro 3 and I would like to do a 'factory reset' I'm trying to add an attachment [img] If I have uploaded the disk management image correctly, there seem to be more partitions than I was expecting! Would anyone like to...
  3. Factory Reset for Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Support
    Factory Reset for Surface Pro 3: My first post, so be gentle! Just got an oldish Surface Pro 3 and I would like to do a 'factory reset' I'm trying to add an attachment [img] If I have uploaded the disk management image correctly, there seem to be more partitions than I was expecting! Would anyone like to...
  4. Surface pro 3 OS win 10 not going to Sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface pro 3 OS win 10 not going to Sleep.: We are using surface pro 3 with windows 10 OS. surface device not going to sleep when i apply sleep command from Start ->Power -> Sleep. after apply sleep command only PC get locked but not going to sleep. as we checked if we restart OS and then try to sleep without user...
  5. "When I'm not using tablet mode" while Surface Pro is docked

in Windows 10 Customization
    "When I'm not using tablet mode" while Surface Pro is docked: With the 2004 update, it would seem that Windows sees the device Surface Pro 5 as not having a keyboard attached while docked. It uses the "When I'm not using tablet mode" settings in the Tablet Settings menu while docked. Thus, the icons and menus are more spread out. When I...
  6. Problems with Surface Book 3 and/or Dock 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems with Surface Book 3 and/or Dock 2: My NEW Surface Book 3, with the NEW Dock 2, routinely cannot find my external monitor even though it worked for multiple days in a row. It also refuses to use the Nvidia graphics to run the monitor which makes it poorer quality. It is also VERY "laggy" using the Microsoft...
  7. surface pro dock and chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    surface pro dock and chrome: no sound from the surface pro dock when using Google Chrome. all my other applications work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-dock-and-chrome/037fb1d1-66c3-4ca9-ad78-a271fb2f8e9c
  8. Surface Pro 3 Docking Station ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 3 Docking Station ports: Since one of the Windows 10 updates the Ethernet and Bluetooth on the docking station are no longer seen as devices and cannot be used. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-3-docking-station-ports/14e09b77-f6d2-4d4d-aeb3-0fe03d05c8a1
  9. Surface Pro 3 BSOD when Idle/Sleeping

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 3 BSOD when Idle/Sleeping: I have a Surface Pro 3 and it has an issue where when it sleeps, it will crash and power off. There is a critical Kernel-Power event (41) whenever this happens, and sometimes it's accompanied by a BSOD, other times it's not - The BSOD bugcheck message does seem to vary...
  10. Surface Pro 3: No Internet after Resetting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Pro 3: No Internet after Resetting: Hi, I recently has the problem of the Blue death Screen or the Inaccessible_Boot_Device issue with my Surface Pro 3. None of the solution seems to work. It wont enter Safe Mode, it wont recognise the external Clean Installation Media USB drive for reinstallation. Finally,...