Windows 10: Surface Pro 3

Discus and support Surface Pro 3 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi The Surface Pro tablets are brilliant and I have most probably been responsible to recommending many of them to friends following buy a Surface... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChrisWaters3, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Surface Pro 3

Hi

The Surface Pro tablets are brilliant and I have most probably been responsible to recommending many of them to friends following buy a Surface Pro 3 when they were released.

Since a firmware update in recent times I have no issues and since then my keyboard if left attached is completely draining the tablet event if the tablet is switched off and the keyboard and mouse are no longer working. I have changed the type cover for a new type cover and still not working. Changed from Windows 8.1 - 10 and still nothing so it appears the BIOS update was the issue. Reading online it appears that this isssue is widespread.

Are Microsoft going to release a new firmware urgently after they have affected so many supporters of their products?

Or is there a short term fixed around the problem?

Neither the old or new type cover are working, they are not being seen in the Device Manager and this is common problem being raised online since the BIOS update.

:)

ChrisWaters3, Nov 28, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Pro 3 - Feb. 20, 2018

Source: Updates for Surface Pro 3 (20 February 2018) Surface

See also: Surface Pro 3 update history

Brink, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    New Surface Pro 3 Firmware Updates - August 24, 2017

Source: Microsoft Surface Pro 3 update history | Surface firmware updates

See also: Updates for Surface Pro 3 (24 Aug 2017) Surface

Surface Pro 3 firmware and driver package download link: Download Surface Pro 3 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Brink, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Surface Pro 3

SURFACE PRO 3 RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS PROBLEM

The camera caused a system freeze every time it was activated so I thought why not restore.

• I attempted to reset my Surface Pro 3 to Factory defaults.
    • The Surface Pro made it to 1% then crashed.
    • Now it is in a reboot loop.

I have tried several times and now it gives an "Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing" error.

Do you have any suggestions on how to make it work again?

ScottPlatt1, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Surface Pro 3

1. Surface Pro 3 - Similar Threads - Surface Pro

2. Sleep function not available on SUrface 7+ Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep function not available on SUrface 7+ Pro: Hi,I just bought a Surface 7+ Pro about a week ago. 2 days ago I've noticed it was warm inside my bag and it was draining battery because wasn't sleeping as I closed the keyboard. Upon investigation I discovered the sleep function wasn't working anymore. The powercfg /a gives...
  3. Sleep function not available on SUrface 7+ Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep function not available on SUrface 7+ Pro: Hi,I just bought a Surface 7+ Pro about a week ago. 2 days ago I've noticed it was warm inside my bag and it was draining battery because wasn't sleeping as I closed the keyboard. Upon investigation I discovered the sleep function wasn't working anymore. The powercfg /a gives...
  4. Surface Pro 9 mouse lagging on its own screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 9 mouse lagging on its own screen: When connected to the external screen and on the battery, the external mouse is working without a lag, while I'm working on the Surface Pro 9 screen, the mouse is lagging even in "Best Performance" mode, Please help to fix it.Surface Pro 9 for Business Model - 2038 i7Windows...
  5. Surface Pro 9 mouse lagging on its own screen

Surface Pro 9 mouse lagging on its own screen: When connected to the external screen and on the battery, the external mouse is working without a lag, while I'm working on the Surface Pro 9 screen, the mouse is lagging even in "Best Performance" mode, Please help to fix it.Surface Pro 9 for Business Model - 2038 i7Windows...
  6. Surface Pro X not able to access Startup Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro X not able to access Startup Options: Hello,I can't login to my surface anymore. When I have the login screen and click "login" It just reloads the login screen. I don't have my type over and only the screen keyboard. I can access the Surface UEFI settings after holding Volume Up + Power. But it doesn't have the...
  7. Surface Pro X not able to access Startup Options

Surface Pro X not able to access Startup Options: Hello,I can't login to my surface anymore. When I have the login screen and click "login" It just reloads the login screen. I don't have my type over and only the screen keyboard. I can access the Surface UEFI settings after holding Volume Up + Power. But it doesn't have the...
  8. Surface pro shutdown while installing Half-Life

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface pro shutdown while installing Half-Life: I installed Half-Life on my schools Surface Pro 5 and it locked it and shut it down in the middle of the installation. My suspicion is the CPU temp but also because Steam games are known to be malicious. Please help me get this Surface up and running again. Note: It does not...
  9. Surface pro shutdown while installing Half-Life

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro shutdown while installing Half-Life: I installed Half-Life on my schools Surface Pro 5 and it locked it and shut it down in the middle of the installation. My suspicion is the CPU temp but also because Steam games are known to be malicious. Please help me get this Surface up and running again. Note: It does not...
  10. Surface pro shutdown while installing Half-Life

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface type cover filter device (v1.1.504.0)