Windows 10: Surface Pro Takes Several Hours to Reboot

Discus and support Surface Pro Takes Several Hours to Reboot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Having an issue with a couple of the latest surface pro systems we recently purchased. These systems are Azure AD joined, once I change the workgroup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lostafewbits, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Surface Pro Takes Several Hours to Reboot

Having an issue with a couple of the latest surface pro systems we recently purchased. These systems are Azure AD joined, once I change the workgroup name to reflect our company workgroup for non AD joined systems it takes the surfaces several hours to reboot. The surface can be shut down then turned on with the power button and it will boot within a few seconds. But choosing reboot leaves the system at a black window with a white 4 square Windows logo with the spinning dots for around 4 hours. I have tried resetting the systems and leaving off all software and receive the same results. As soon as I change the workgroup name the long reboot issue occurs. We are an HP shop and none of our HP laptops exhibit this behavior when Azure AD joined and our company workgroup joined, just the Surface Pro's. Our Local AD is companyxxx.local, our Azure ad is companyxxxcorp.com, and our workgroup is companyxxx.

:)

lostafewbits, Sep 28, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Sep 28, 2018
  3. ZincBath Win User
    Surface Pro stuck in SURFACE UEFI screen reboot loop

Left my MS Pro (2018) running overnight.

Clicked on pad today and SURFACE UEFI screen was showing.

Every time I exit and reboot I'm returned to the same screen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

ZB

ZincBath, Sep 28, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Surface Pro Takes Several Hours to Reboot

Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

Surface Pro Takes Several Hours to Reboot

1. Surface Pro Takes Several Hours to Reboot - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Takes

2. Windows 10 takes up to an hour to reboot since forced update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 takes up to an hour to reboot since forced update: Windows 10 forced a software update on my work PC last week, and ever since it takes between 10 minutes and an entire hour to reboot. What can I do to fix it? We don't have an IT department so I have to figure this out by myself.Thanks....
  3. Computer taking several hours to POST.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer taking several hours to POST.: I have been having this issue for a while now. It all started once I began turning my PC off at night instead of leaving it on. I did it for a while, and something happened that led to my PC taking a bit longer than usual to post. At the time, I believe I was on windows 11...
  4. Computer taking several hours to POST.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer taking several hours to POST.: I have been having this issue for a while now. It all started once I began turning my PC off at night instead of leaving it on. I did it for a while, and something happened that led to my PC taking a bit longer than usual to post. At the time, I believe I was on windows 11...
  5. Computer taking several hours to POST.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Can’t reboot surface pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t reboot surface pro: My surface pro i5 from 2017 has a message ‘ Can’t find bootable operating system check boot configuration’. Checking boot configuration doesn’t help doesn’t go anywhere. Don’t have back up. Probably need to create USB to try to reboot. Need help. Thanks...
  7. Windows 10 Pro takes HOURS to login

Windows 10 Pro takes HOURS to login: I have Windows 10 Pro running on a DELL PowerEdge R510The system has 24TB 8 x 3TB disks on RAID5After a reboot, the login screen shows up, and once the password is entered it takes HOURS... sometimes more than 24 hours stuck in "Welcome..."I can see and hear the disks...
  8. Surface Pro 3 Freezes Every Few Hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surface Pro 3 Freezes Every Few Hours: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CMTraceBeaulieu [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jwsyoz/surface_pro_3_freezes_every_few_hours/
  9. Surface Pro 2017 - Freezes, then needs reboot

Surface Pro 2017 - Freezes, then needs reboot: Hello everyone, My Surface has had this problem as long as I've had it. It is a Surface Pro 2017 with 16GB RAM and an i7 CPU. Occasionally, like once in two weeks, it freezes totally and I have to restart it to work. But now, this is happening more often, something like...
  10. Antimalware Service Executable taking up high CPU for several hours!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware Service Executable taking up high CPU for several hours!: A service called Antimalware Executable takes up about 30 % of my CPU. It doesn't normally do this, and I tried following the tutorials on how to disable in the task schedule and registry (I use Win10 Home and thus cannot use Group Policy). I also tried including an...