Windows 10: suspicious user/local account on my pc

Discus and support suspicious user/local account on my pc in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hi I have been getting a suspicious user/local account on a (new) pc (about 2-3 weeks old) that's called ybppcowywpz or something like that I have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by wulfy18, Oct 12, 2018.

1. wulfy18 Win User

suspicious user/local account on my pc

hi I have been getting a suspicious user/local account on a (new) pc (about 2-3 weeks old)
    that's called ybppcowywpz or something like that I have looked up anything about it and nothing comes up I have tried to delete it and every time I shut down my pc then turn it back on it comes back I have a good anti-virus and I cost a lot of money to buy (like it was $190) so I don't think it would be anything on my pc but I can't get rid of it and don't know how to if anyone has seen anything like this before and know how to remove it I would like to know

:)

wulfy18, Oct 12, 2018

2. Use a Local user Account to login to Windows 10 PC

Hello Vojta,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you want a Local user account to login to your computer.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to convert the Microsoft Account you are using to a Local Account.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account.

• Click Start and then PC settings.

• Click Users and accounts and under your Profile select “Sign in with a local account instead ” option.

• Enter the required details.

• Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Cannot switch to local account

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Refer to these steps to convert Microsoft account into Local User account:

• Click on Windows button, then click on
      Settings.

• Click on Accounts then click on
      Your account

• Click on Sign in with a local account instead.

• Following the Online instructions.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to create a new Local user account and check if that helps you.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “User Accounts” and click on “Manage another Account”.

• Click on “Add a new user in PC Settings”. Follow the on screen directions to complete the process.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

Thema:

1. suspicious user/local account on my pc - Similar Threads - suspicious user local

2. Local user account disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local user account disappeared: There is no option to sign into a local account I had created on windows 10 on my laptop. It does not give me the option to log in nor switch to the account though it can still be viewed in my settings. I was on it but then when I locked the account and tried to get back on...
  3. Local user account disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local user account disappeared: There is no option to sign into a local account I had created on windows 10 on my laptop. It does not give me the option to log in nor switch to the account though it can still be viewed in my settings. I was on it but then when I locked the account and tried to get back on...
  4. removing a local user account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    removing a local user account: I have opened a local user account in Windows 10. I want to delete. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-a-local-user-account/87ea0603-d0fd-4375-a12b-a2b6f0a80b27
  5. My Local User Account Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Local User Account Name: I want to set up a local user account named 'Roger". It is important that I use that name and no other. Unfortunately, I set it up once before and then deleted it for a reason that I won't go into.. So I tried to set it up again a few days later and it will not allow me to...
  6. Local User Account

Local User Account: Hi, I have a problem that I cant delete my other local user account, already perform Setting > Account > Family and other user > remove account But still the user appear, appreciate for the help, thanks...
  7. local user account

local user account: how do I access the one that I created https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-user-account/ee6a2922-2dfb-4e0b-9944-70cfa2a5be8d
  8. can't access my local user account

can't access my local user account: I'm not good with English so bear with me. So recently my antivirus that came with my laptop expired and a blue screen came up telling me to either renew it or okay, i clicked okay and then it took me back to my desktop andall my programs and files was lost, only a clean...
  9. Local user accounts no internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local user accounts no internet: Hello, Recently after a Windows Update restart, my local user account loses internet until I sign in once to an administrator account. This problem persisted everytime I restart the computer. Anyone experiencing the same issue? Does anyone know the fix to this please?...
  10. Local User Account and OneDrive

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local User Account and OneDrive: From what I have read, in order to use OneDrive (integrated in the OS, not the web browser), you have to use a MSA account to login to the computer in order to use OneDrive. Is there a way to use a Local user account, while still using OneDrive without using a web browser?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. local users suspicious

2. suspiocious account on desktop