Windows 10: Switch between accounts without having to enter a password every time

Discus and support Switch between accounts without having to enter a password every time in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 computer with several accounts. How can users switch between accounts without having to enter a password every time? Thanks.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Steve16qo, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Steve16qo Win User

Switch between accounts without having to enter a password every time

I have a Windows 10 computer with several accounts. How can users switch between accounts without having to enter a password every time?

Thanks.

:)

Steve16qo, Apr 30, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 30, 2020
  3. deactivate having to enter a password on my computer every time I open it

Hi,

Supposedly, users are required a password specifically when signed in with a Microsoft account. You have the option to either switch to a local account instead or to disable the password prompt through
    netplwiz.

If you don't mind switching to a local account, here's what you need to do:

• Go to Settings, and then Accounts.
    • Under Your info, click on Sign in with a local account instead, and then go through the prompt.

Now, if you would still like to use your MSN account to sign in to Windows, follow the steps below on how to turn off the password prompt:

• Right-click on the Start button, and then select Run.
    • Type netplwiz, and then hit Enter.
    • In the Users tab, uncheck the box for Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer, click
      Apply, and then OK.

We hope this helps. Let us know if there's anything else that we can help you with.

Patricia Yu, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Sign in with a Microsoft account instead

Hello Wally, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

It sounds like this is at step 7 in the tutorial below where it's asking you to enter your local account's password one last time.

Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Brink, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Switch between accounts without having to enter a password every time - Similar Threads - Switch between accounts

2. Required account password every time

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Required account password every time: When I sign in to my computer, it requires my account password and suggests to set a windows pinand I don't want thisevery time I open my computer it always asks me to enter password how to stopthis????...
  3. Required account password every time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Required account password every time: When I sign in to my computer, it requires my account password and suggests to set a windows pinand I don't want thisevery time I open my computer it always asks me to enter password how to stopthis????...
  4. Required account password every time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Enter the password for this account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enter the password for this account: It’s frustrating. I rebooted my computer and I got an error that it couldn’t boot up correctly, so I searched up some videos on how to fix it and the issue is I cannot access anything without my password, I’ve tried everything, my login pin, Microsoft password, and yes I’ve...
  6. Enter the password for this account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Enter the password for this account: It’s frustrating. I rebooted my computer and I got an error that it couldn’t boot up correctly, so I searched up some videos on how to fix it and the issue is I cannot access anything without my password, I’ve tried everything, my login pin, Microsoft password, and yes I’ve...
  7. Have to enter my password every time I go into Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have to enter my password every time I go into Mail: Split from this thread. Since the last update I have to enter my password every time I go into Mail or Google. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-to-enter-my-password-every-time-i-go-into/133d0249-537f-4ea7-809f-365548c2b651
  8. Sign in to computer without having to enter a password OR pin.

Sign in to computer without having to enter a password OR pin.: I now use a LOCAL ACCOUNT to sign in to my computers WITHOUT a pin or password, BUT I get email after email telling me to verify my account. I have blocked, designated as junk, reported them as phishing and they still come everyday. I want to see if I start logging in with my...
  9. "You can log in to this account without entering a password"

"You can log in to this account without entering a password": On December 7, 2018, after I upgraded to version 1803 on Windows 10 Professional (OS build 17134.472), this phrase pops up on the Welcome Screen even though there is a password box: "You can log in to this account without entering a password." All you have to do is click...
  10. Entering Router password every time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Entering Router password every time: On both a leveno and acer aspire I have to find the router in "available networks" and then sign onto the router before it will connect to the wireless internet every time my computer sleeps or restarts. This just started this past week. Any way to get it to connect...